• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YS edge cancels. And a Falcon-only tournament

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
A lil favorite tricksies of mine:

-Practical-
On YS, have your back to the edge and center yourself on one of the side platforms. Drop through, hold back, and push A. You'll do a back air and edge cancel to grab the edge. It's good for people that don't sweet spot. It's also occasionally useful as a mix-up if you do it slightly early to psych out people by thinking you are going to back air at the edge and not grab it so that they try to sweet spot it, but you edge cancel and grab the edge and they get edgehogged in a flashy way. :)

-Flashy-
At the edge of the big light green circle in the center of the stage is "edgecancel sweetspot". If you run from the left circle edge and short hop holding your control stick to the right to keep your momentum, you'll edge cancel the right edge. Full jump and you'll edge cancel the right platform. Of course, you can run from the right and edge cancel the left.

At X:E4:5X (4.5 seconds, the tens seconds digit being an even number I think), using the above method from left to right to edge cancel, but keep on holding right and you will edge cancel off of Randall as well. From right to left is X:O3:5X (3.5 seconds with the tens seconds digit being an odd number I think). If you can pull off a triple-edge-cancel-knee-to-a-forth-doublejumped-knee then you are a God among Falcons, but I'm guessing you would KO them by the third one.

P.S.

Falcon-only tournament link. Check out the rules :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234581

Top Bottom