• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoyoyoy.....houston tournament.....JAN 20 07

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Wait, there's a new Guilty Gear?!! I thought Slash would be the newest one for a long time! I spent a lot of money to get that game even tho I never play it! :lol:

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I know about PZ. I just didn't know that it debuted there today.

Oh, and yes JF, there is a new Guilty Gear ftw.

Oh, how bad did you guys get beat, by the way ? Any 4 stocks ?

kage921

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'll have team battles, if thats what yall mean. Then I'll have to redo this, the tourny ofcourse. Don't worry I'll get someone experienced to help me with this.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, if you have teams, you'll find that most of the people going to this will have some sort of experience running tourneys. Just change the rules to the stamdard and add teams and more people might come...

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know about Bear. If he comes it is up to him, I wouldn't be able to take him. I always fill my car up with people that can't drive themselves there (ie. Sethlon, G@BE, some1 and my car is already full, not a very big truck).

has Some1 gotten better with that peach of his?
He quit Peach during HOST. Now he plays Marth/Fox/Yoshi, which are all better than his Peach ever was lol. I think he got tired of playing Foxes that could waveshine heh.

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
It's me XLR8/Chris, and this is just my account. I started this account because some guy in Australia has the same "ACCELERATE" account lol.

dawn001

Smash Ace
so what if we are goin to be in a tag (..stupid question...) how do we chose are team?
or is it random is what ever really.

this is for all the people who are going to attend this tourny is that when you play you are going to chose 1 character and you have to stay with that character during the whole tourny.

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
As much as I would like that...

*cough*
rules.
1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

4. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

5. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Onett

7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City and Onett

8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle and Onett.

9. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.

10. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series.
Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.

11. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

12. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

13. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

14. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

15. If the players/teams meeting in the Championship Match have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

16. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.

17. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.

18. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

19. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.

20. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON

21. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

22.Any stage can be played on if both players agree.
*cough*

But it's your tourney, so I shouldn't have that much say. Just trust me when I say that everyone will love the rules that I've posted and oh so shamelessly stolen from HOST 2...

Jake13

Smash Lord
Ok, if we have to stay one character the entire time, I and five others will not be coming. That's a very, very dumb rule.

And seeding would be very easy, we'd have TGM and I seed. It's pretty obvious where most of Houston stands, and also who is in eachothers respectable crews.

TGM

Smash Lord
whoa!kage,dawn,void! what the ******** are you doing? people aint gonna show up to this.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
so what if we are goin to be in a tag (..stupid question...) how do we chose are team?
or is it random is what ever really.

this is for all the people who are going to attend this tourny is that when you play you are going to chose 1 character and you have to stay with that character during the whole tourny.

please disregard this comment, you don't have to stick with the same character.

TGM

Smash Lord
guys, ignor what anybody says about the rules....kage is the only one who is making the rules.

this tourny will be run basicly by MLG rules. so relax and show up.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
I would hope so. If I go, who do I team with ? Where do I seed ?

edit : wah wah wah, I'm crying like a baby cause I feel like.

edit x2 : Drew, that is the most awesome sig I have ever seen, because I have wondered.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
guys, ignor what anybody says about the rules....kage is the only one who is making the rules.

this tourny will be run basicly by MLG rules. so relax and show up.
Thanks man, you heard xyro MLG rules. Don't swet it. :)

As for the location, I would have to get back to yall. I need to check the weather forecast for that day (20th jan.). Can't have yall suffering in the cold now can I? Hopefully, it migth be a nice day but, if it's not I'll probably have to push the date. Sorry guys, all you can do is hope for a shiny day. Unless you can control the weather, then please make it a nice day. :)

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Seeding shouldn't be a problem as long as we let G@BE/TGM/someone like that create the bracket.

To tourney host: Problem with one character is if I choose character 'X' whom is badly countered by character 'Y' and I meet up with charcter 'Y' in tournament I'm screwed. gg.

As for the location, I would have to get back to yall. I need to check the weather forecast for that day (20th jan.). Can't have yall suffering in the cold now can I? Hopefully, it migth be a nice day but, if it's not I'll probably have to push the date. Sorry guys, all you can do is hope for a shiny day. Unless you can control the weather, then please make it a nice day. :)
omg that makes me wonder lol You guys really know how to scare the people possibly coming

*Edit* I just read the first page again, and now it looks less... foreign...

kage921

Smash Journeyman
Seeding shouldn't be a problem as long as we let G@BE/TGM/someone like that create the bracket.

To tourney host: Problem with one character is if I choose character 'X' whom is badly countered by character 'Y' and I meet up with charcter 'Y' in tournament I'm screwed. gg.

omg that makes me wonder lol You guys really know how to scare the people possibly coming
what do you mean scare people? I can't host a tournament if it's freezing or rainning. It was just a heads up if the date was to be moved.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll use the power of the Wii Forecast channel to see what the weather will be! :chuckle:

But yeah, as long as you follow MLG rules, the tourney should run smoothly. Except for the frequently occurring delays that will happen when people arrive late. <_<

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Lets all just go to everything involving smash in houston cause at first we were complainin about not enough play time and now we got people everywhere so just go....and have fun and loose to me. <_<'

Top Bottom