• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on Pikachu and Pichu

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Pichu is better. He hits harder and his ftilt, dthrow, dtilt, fsmash, bair, fair, nair, and dsmash that all have so much utility. Plus he’s so small he can duck under a lot of hits and projectiles. Pichu combos, kills, and does pretty much everything well. Not that Pikachu is bad, he’s probably top tier too. Pichu is just stupid good

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Zero made a video recently. He said Pichu was better. ESAM said Pikachu is better.

For me Pikachu is better. He has more Range, survives longer and at least for my skill level the combo potential is similar. I regularly pick Pika when playing with my friend after i feel like i played enough Link.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Zero made a video recently. He said Pichu was better. ESAM said Pikachu is better.

For me Pikachu is better. He has more Range, survives longer and at least for my skill level the combo potential is similar. I regularly pick Pika when playing with my friend after i feel like i played enough Link.
As good as ESAM is he’ll say Pikachu is the best character in the game no matter what. I respect him as a player but I don’t think his views on Pikachu can be trusted. Don’t get me wrong I believe Pikachu is top tier and a great pick I just think Pichu is better due to a couple of his different moves and combos and his higher damage output and kill potential as well as being smaller

Not that Pikachu doesn’t have advantages over Pichu, he does, but overall Pichu’s kit is better imo

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
As good as ESAM is he’ll say Pikachu is the best character in the game no matter what. I respect him as a player but I don’t think his views on Pikachu can be trusted. Don’t get me wrong I believe Pikachu is top tier and a great pick I just think Pichu is better due to a couple of his different moves and combos and his higher damage output and kill potential as well as being smaller

Not that Pikachu doesn’t have advantages over Pichu, he does, but overall Pichu’s kit is better imo
Possibly you are right. I can’t really give a good opinion about it because im not a top tier player.
Sometimes though i think Pichu has this underdog sympathy bonus because he was trash in melee so people rather play him because if this.

But as i said you could be right. Guess time will tell who is the better pick :).

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Possibly you are right. I can’t really give a good opinion about it because im not a top tier player.
Sometimes though i think Pichu has this underdog sympathy bonus because he was trash in melee so people rather play him because if this.

But as i said you could be right. Guess time will tell who is the better pick :).
I mean they’re both great picks this game and they’re both top tier characters so you can’t go wrong with either. There’s not a huge difference between them. I just believe Pichu has more potential, a better combo game, and more kill power. Pikachu excels in these areas too though so you really can’t go wrong

I just don’t trust ESAM on anything Pikachu because as good of a player he is he’s very biased about Pikachu and always has been

Last edited:

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
I recently played both online and my GSP with Pichu is over 2 million higher than Pika simply because Pichu kills much earlier with more options. I had a hard time killing with Pika. Pichu's ftilt even kills. For that reason, I say Pichu but I think it's reasonably open to debate.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I recently played both online and my GSP with Pichu is over 2 million higher than Pika simply because Pichu kills much earlier with more options. I had a hard time killing with Pika. Pichu's ftilt even kills. For that reason, I say Pichu but I think it's reasonably open to debate.
Pichu’s ftilt is definitely one of his main advantages over Pikachu. Pichu’s fsmash kills faster, his bair is a great drag down move, his nair is a better OoS option, dtilt is a combo starter, and probably some I’m missing. Pichu just hits harder in general and being smaller is an advantage

However Pikachu lives longer and has a better quick attack and definitely has his own advantages. I just think Pichu has more over Pikachu

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I think Pichu is better. I think Pichu might be the best in the game rn. Both of them could use nerfs regardless.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Pichu may be the better pick but Pikachu is no slouch. Both are most likely in top tier but Pichu has a better rep with more players and probably because they have their reasons.
I'll say Pichu is more of a strong glass cannon consider he dies early and does little damage to himself, but can kill quicker too. Pikachu is definitely the safer option but the skill ceiling for him I believe would be a bit lower than Pichus.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I mean they’re both great picks this game and they’re both top tier characters so you can’t go wrong with either. There’s not a huge difference between them. I just believe Pichu has more potential, a better combo game, and more kill power. Pikachu excels in these areas too though so you really can’t go wrong

I just don’t trust ESAM on anything Pikachu because as good of a player he is he’s very biased about Pikachu and always has been
Just as you are biased about Ness. One's motives or beliefs are irrelevant here.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Just as you are biased about Ness. One's motives or beliefs are irrelevant here.
I’ll admit I’m biased about Ness but I’ll also admit he’s not a top tier character and while his results and kit place him high tier right now he has the ability to fall. It’s not like I’m placing Ness high tier in Melee or Brawl. That doesn’t mean I can’t make a valid argument about why Ness is good and I think he’ll stay good though so I guess ESAM can do the same

You right tho

Last edited:
Top Bottom