• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Your Thoughts on 8-Player Smash

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
Who here has an optimal sized T.V. to actually enjoy 8-Player Smash?

AUS

Smash Cadet
Who here has an optimal sized T.V. to actually enjoy 8-Player Smash?
I personally don't but I got a buddy who I smash with all the time with a TV that works perfectly for 8-Player smash. Without a fairly big T.V its actually fairly annoying to play 8 Player smash from what I've found.

IntriguedGamer

Smash Cadet
I have played it a few times now and it is a blast. With or with out items is just fine. Although it seems like the heavy set characters (i.e. Bowser, DK, and Ganondorf) have a huge advantage.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I like it a lot, but it can be tedious. The stage matters a lot... I can't ever see myself actually having fun on Great Cave Offensive. It's just not a thing. But 8 player Smash on Temple is a lot of fun. And Gaur Plains as well, etc

Great for training Amiibos too

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think 8-Player Smash is a great addition to the Smash Brothers roster of modes, but I want to hear from you.
What do think about it?
Items, on or off?

Stage list, yay or nah?
Who in the world has 8 controllers?!
Great addition?
How many players do you think is the definitive amount?

I'm just spitting out random questions by now, so feel free to answer mine, create your own, and just discuss 8 player smash.
unless you have a giant TV, it's a whole lot of squinting. that being said it is MUCH funner with teams. i played a bunch of 2v2v2v2 the other day and it was a blast. much harder to hide with 2 players on a team.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
I really only used it once and when I did t it was the mot fun picking Big Battlefield with all items on (except for that wind blower thing, that thing is annoying). Other than that I never really used the feature I really wish I could use it more with other people, I am not going to just play CPU's

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
As president of a videogame club, 8 player smash is SO ESSENTIAL

just wish there was a better selection of stages.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I have eight controllers because I have money to spend but I personally think 8 players is tons of fun. On day one of the game's release I went to a Smash Bros party, we did 8 player smash (with no items) and near the end of the party we had a small tournament. (I placed 2nd)

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Kinda hate the fact 8-player smash is treated as regular smash meaning all stats and records get saved (I always do Special Smash), I'm one of those few weird people who prefer clean unused stats lol.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Should've been added to online play as well, odd that they diddnt

Top Bottom