• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Thoughts about Every Character you find on For Glory

BBC7

Smash Ace
Basically, you summarize what you're thinking every time you see a player use a certain character online. I myself have nothing ATM. You don't literally have to explain every character, just something similar to this:

:4diddy:Probably a scrub that heard Diddy was the best from everyone

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
The only thing I've really got is that most of the time any heavy weight character either has no idea what they are doing or they know everything about what they are doing. It's hilarious because I never know if I'm about to get my ass kicked. :p

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Lets see:

:4ganondorf:: If used immediately after losing to my Ganon with their main, they're not going to have any idea what they're actually doing with Ganon.
:4samus:: Moveset is likely to only contain roll and Charge Shot. Also why is Samus one of the most common characters I've fought even though so many people are thinking she's still bad?
:4link:: You're going to think his only means of movement is rolling.
:4tlink:: Like Link, but is going to be even less competent.
:4megaman::This match is going to almost run out of time.
:4shulk:: Well this is going to be an easy victory unless he can sneak a low-damage counter kill in (Shulk is one of the most common characters I've come across, yet seems to have an even lower average skill level than what you'll find on FG).
:4marth::4lucina::4myfriends:: Just charge a smash when they land, they're going to counter and then eat a fully charged forward smash.
:4sonic:: There will be a lot of taunting from both sides in this match. Will also be more competent than the average FG player.
:4littlemac:: Once I grab him, he's not getting back down until he dies.
:4ness:: Nothing about this player is going to stand out (Ness is one of the most common characters I've fought, yet I seriously can't think of a prominent characteristic about them).
:4pikachu:: Pikachu! Pikachu! Pikachu! PIKKAAAAA!!!!!
:4diddy:: Where the Diddys at? (I've came across barely any Diddys, despite his infamy as being the percieved best character while being supposedly "easy").
:4sheik:: I would expect to be fighting more of them than I actually do.
:4zss:: Is 90% likely to be using the alt costume, but overall is less common than her suited counterpart against all logic. Competency though will be above average.
:4bowserjr:: He's going to be more jovial than the average FG player, and will stick around.
:4falcon:: He's in for a good time and will freely taunt, while sticking around regardless of losing.
:4luigi:: Is certainly more common nowadays than he was back on the 3DS prepatch.
:4dk:: Well this is gonna lag (something about DKs I've fought having a higher likelihood of lagging, one of them even seriously had about 5 seconds of input lag; I didn't even think lag that bad was possible on Smash U)
:4charizard:: Is going to use Flare Blitz at the most telegraphed times.
:4kirby:: This player is either going to be really bad, or actually pretty competent.
:4mario::4drmario:: Well this player is going to leave after losing (I can't remember a single Mario/Doc player who stayed around after more than a single loss or two).
:4fox:: He's going to die really really fast and this match will be very very quick.
:4rob:: Is my R.O.B. the last of its kind on For Glory? :( (I have not came across another single person playing R.O.B. for a single game on For Glory yet)
:4darkpit:: Ew

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4falcon:This guy is either really good or is some scrub.
:4charizard:He will be using Flare Blitz at the most inopportune times.
:4darkpit:Really? You're going to use Dark Pit?
:4diddy:Oh boy... (I rarely encounter Diddy Kongs in For Glory, so I am unsure if the one I am facing is really good or really bad)
:4fox:He's most likely going to use his Blaster at the distance and use a smash attack when you're close.
:4ganondorf:He will most likely spam his side B.
:4littlemac:Will these people ever learn? I mostly encounter terrible Little Macs, so I get caught off guard if they are actually good with him.
:4link:He will spam his Bow and Boomerang for days and only use smash attacks and dash attacks when close.
:4lucario:Just... got... to... be... careful...
:4luigi:This could be interesting... (most of the Luigis I've fought are competent or really good)
:4mario:This fight won't be that interesting or memorable.
:4marth::4lucina::4myfriends:I gotta bait for that counter.
:4ness:PK THUNDER! PK FIRE! GRAB! GRAB! ...That is the match that I am expecting.
:4palutena:OH NO! OH NO! I refuse to lose to this character! No!
:4samus:Will most likely shoot her missiles and Charge Shot at a distance.
:4sheik:This could be an interesting match. A lot of the Sheiks I've fought actually put up a fight.
:4shulk:This guy either knows what he is doing or had never learned to press the B button. (I've fought some Shulks that have lost to me because they never used the Monado Arts while I do)
:4sonic:Oh, you're going to be that guy aren't you? Ugh... this battle is repetitive.
:4yoshi:If he uses Egg Throw and his aerials a lot, I think I have found my nightmare.
:4zss:Will use the Paralyzer, side B, grab, and all of that. Could put up a fight or will try really hard.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Observations/predictions of my Top 5 most frequently encountered characters. ^-^

:4link:: Spam projectiles from afar; spam smashes and Dash Attack up close.
:4falcon:: Dash Grab --> D-throw --> U-air --> U-air; Raptor Boost at kill percent.
:4ness:: PK Fire --> Dash Grab --> D-throw --> F-air --> F-air; B-throw at kill percent.
:4shulk:: Monado Speed/Buster at start of match; random smashes and Counters
:4megaman:: Metal Blade --> Crash Bomber --> Metal Blade --> Dash Attack; rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
:4bowser: = Some of them are just smash spammers, but if not it is gonna be tough
:4diddy:= They usually saw a few tourney videos on youtube. They do not suck, but mostly aren't very good either. But they ALWAYS know about his down throw combo and use them a lot.
:4peach:/:4olimar:= Pretty rare, but DANGEROUS once seen
:4falco:= Just like you'd expect from a Falco, they are good and arrogant
:4falcon:= Lots of wannabes and sore losers, but also a few very good ones. The bad ones overuse his specials.
:4sonic:= Either Side B Spam or a pretty good opponent
:4mario:= They are going REALLY hard for a spike
:4villager:= Better than average. They think they are very clever and will try to troll you
:4lucario:= Rolling, Side B and Neutral B. Should be easy, but be careful.. a horrible opponent when it lags
:4zss:= Her "Is that all?"-Taunt often feels ironic, since they usually rely on a bag of tricks. They tend to overuse her Specials and Grabs, and if you are patient they often don't know what to do.
:4jigglypuff:= Manageable, but dont be careless..
:4zelda:= Side B, Down B, Teleport. Once you got 80% damage they will go for teleport spam and try to kill you.
:4lucina:= Favourite of female players. Not bad usually.

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
:4shulk:Looks like I'm going to be dittoing somebody next match.
:4zss:If they're fighting my Shulk, they'll never learn that vision can counter their paralyzer and kill them.
:4diddy:Scrub who picked up diddy because they heard he was good; spams dthrow but never gets the follow up
:4falcon:Better than average player who usually will taunt to your pleasure/dismay
:4fox:Lasers at the beginning of the match. One jump and they'll stop.
:4charizard:Telegraphing.
:4marth:Probably a Melee player who isn't familiar with Smash 4 and will inevitably be bad.
:4bowserjr:Side B and up B.
:4duckhunt:Will get outcamped/outplayed, then will switch characters/ditto you.
:4lucina:Just grab them every time they leave themselves hugely open.
:4greninja:This person will attempt to dair string you at least once.
:4luigi:They can spam fireball and throw combos, but that's about it.
:4tlink:Projectiles, Fsmash, running upsmash, and dair. Second most predictable character.
:4littlemac:Most predictable character.
:4wiifit:LET'S STRETCH OUR LEGS
:4sonic:Roll, roll, roll, charge spin dash.
:4sheik:Better than average players, but usually is just tierwhoring still.
:4link:Have they ever thought about running?
:4mario:Fireballs from afar, uptilt strings for days, upsmash for the kill. Will probably take at least one stock off me.
:4ness:Oh look, someone who thinks they're competent with Ness.
:4olimar:Am I dreaming?
:4samus:If I have a projectile, this person is usually 100% screwed.
:4lucario:Miracles.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
:4sonic:yay, sonic dittos...:glare:
:4olimar:This will be interesting.
:4ganondorf:/:4bowser:Better be cautious, just in case he knows what he's doing.
:4sheik:Sudden death, here I come!
:4link:God, this will be annoying.
:4charizard:Probably a sideB main.
:rosalina:My favorite matchup ever.
:4littlemac:If he is good, I'm screwed.
:4zss:Let's not do this...please.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Mine mainly involves people who switch to these characters the following match

:4luigi: :4fox: :4littlemac: :4sonic: :4ness: :4diddy: :4yoshi: Don't do this just to say you won
:4dedede: This is a lot harder than you think
:4ganondorf: :4falcon: You wanna have fun, and I'm cool with that
:4link: :4tlink: You know he has a sword, right

I'm okay with people switching characters, but I see so many using the "top" or "simple" characters as crutches, and it's disappointing.
I know not everyone is "on a higher level" or whatever, but it's nice to see people who play differently or at least show some signs that they're not relying on using a BnB dthrow combo/utilt string over and over again.

D

Deleted member

:4megaman: - Sadist
:4pacman:- Extreme sadist
:4diddy:- Twitch streamer
:4lucario:- Mentally disabled sadist
:4yoshi:- Aggressive sadist
:4olimar:- "You don't know the matchup, let me take advantage of that."
:4falco:- DeviantArt User
:4kirby:- Forward Smash
:4mario:- Forward Smash
:4bowser:- Forward Smash
:4shulk:- Forward Smash
:4pit:- Migraine
:4sheik:- Twitch streamer
:4tlink:- Mentally disabled sadist
:4link:- Suburban child
:rosalina:- Suburban child
:4gaw:- Japanese suburban child
:4littlemac:- Spanish suburban child
:4darkpit:- DeviantArt User
:4sonic:- Twitch streamer
:4zss:- 13 year old weeaboo
:4zelda:- 25 year old weeaboo
:4villager:- Mentally disabled sadist

Everybody else is a wild card.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
:4villager: - I'm gonna need caffeine for this match, Villager is sleeping in the shade of a tree with their slingshot. Most are awful.
:4zss: - Get ready for dash attacks and taunts, I presume they're playing one-handed because ZSSs generally aren't very good. There are some good ones though. (As an additional note, people almost always switch to ZSS when I play Wario)
:4diddy: - "I picked up Diddy after seeing a tournament stream 5 minutes ago", they can be pretty good though.
:4duckhunt: - They're gonna camp, and be suprised when they see how bad Duck Hunt is at camping
:4yoshi: - Generally very good, Yoshi is one of the few high-tier character that hasn't been overused due to how difficult he is to use.
:4bowser: - Either they're gonna spam down-b and sidesmash, or they're going to be above average skill-wise.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
:4bowser: - Either they're gonna spam down-b and sidesmash, or they're going to be above average skill-wise.
As someone who uses Bowser pretty often online - it's very surprising how little people know the matchup. You can keep attacking my shield, and I'll keep using Up-B - and I'll just wait till you start camping me. I think with Bowser's track record in previous games people think they can run in and wreck ****. Then they GET REKT and camp till I get bored of it and leave/switch.

ANYWAYS since I've yet to do this:

:4zss:: This character isn't even played best playing Campy.
:4sheik:: Melee Sheik called, she wants her SHFF Nairs back.
:4mario:: You're going to try to Nair+AAA me, and I'm probably going to fall for it.
:4yoshi:: OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO GOOD
:4link:: That B Button must be getting pretty worn down, eh?
:4tlink::That B Button must be getting pretty worn down, eh?
:4robinm:: Please actually move from the edge.
:4diddy:: How many times can you whiff that Dthrow Uair?
:4palutena:: You can sit and reflect but the Bush's Baked Beans can still go over it.
:4sonic:: Side B+Uair. Oh, you missed it? Up B+dair.
:4falcon:: I know it feels epic to hit that knee but when you kill me it's probably going to be something far less epic. Then you'll taunt anyways.

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
This list is based upon the characters who I hate fighting against online from most hated to slightly less hated:
:rosalina::Welp, looks like either my opponent or I am going to leave after this one and only match...
:4littlemac::.....*Sigh*......
:4villager:: Oh, yeah...no, you'll have to die, quickly at that.
:4mario:: And here comes the Fireball spam and opponent running to the other end of the stage, waiting for me to attack him with a character that's meant to be in your face. Yep.
:4sonic:: Alright, the patience game is go!
:4duckhunt:: Aww hell...

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
As someone who uses Bowser pretty often online - it's very surprising how little people know the matchup. You can keep attacking my shield, and I'll keep using Up-B - and I'll just wait till you start camping me. I think with Bowser's track record in previous games people think they can run in and wreck ****. Then they GET REKT and camp till I get bored of it and leave/switch.

ANYWAYS since I've yet to do this:

:4zss:: This character isn't even played best playing Campy.
:4sheik:: Melee Sheik called, she wants her SHFF Nairs back.
:4mario:: You're going to try to Nair+AAA me, and I'm probably going to fall for it.
:4yoshi:: OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO GOOD
:4link:: That B Button must be getting pretty worn down, eh?
:4tlink::That B Button must be getting pretty worn down, eh?

:4robinm:: Please actually move from the edge.
:4diddy:: How many times can you whiff that Dthrow Uair?
:4palutena:: You can sit and reflect but the Bush's Baked Beans can still go over it.
:4sonic:: Side B+Uair. Oh, you missed it? Up B+dair.
:4falcon:: I know it feels epic to hit that knee but when you kill me it's probably going to be something far less epic. Then you'll taunt anyways.
B Button worn down? The B Button welcomes the pleasure! It wants to be pressed 500 times in one match!

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Based off the peeps I run into A LOT online: These are my thoughts/reactions

:4mario::4robinm::4robinf::4sonic::4samus:: How does my opponents play these characters in comparison to my playstyle?
:4lucina::4marth:: I am SO busting out Lucina (provided I haven't already) next match! If my Lucina is present in these match-ups: "Come! Let us cross blades!!!"
:4yoshi::4zss::4littlemac::4link::4tlink:: Bring it on! I know your game now!!!
:4darkpit:: I refuse to grant this arrogant git the satisfaction of victory (nothing personal to those who play's him, DP's character comes across as an absolute prick to me).
:4ness::4jigglypuff::rosalina:: Oh dear, this could be trouble.
:4dk::4dedede::4diddy:: Oh balls, this is gonna gargle gonads, isn't it?

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
:4diddy:- haha, oh let me guess, your secondary you'll switch to is yoshi!
:4yoshi:- haha, let me guess, you also play ZSS or Sheik!
:4sheik:/:4zss:- What, you again?
:4ness:- So you like dem disjointed attacks at minimal lagsies?

But yeah, those are the characters I do not like to see online.I always get the feeling that the players just heard they were Top Tier and that they automatically are good when they use them. I see so few Rosalinas online, arguably one of the best characters with the highest learning curve, mainly because minimal lag screws her precise gameplay over, big time. Not so for the above mentioned, which really sucks.

It's especially hilarious if a diddy user switches to yoshi and then to sheik, hoping they can win against my R.O.B.ert, pinning it on the character they are using. hi-la-ri-ous!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4falcon:: I'M TIRED OF YOU! EITHER BE GOOD OR JUST QUIT!
:4villager::4duckhunt::4pacman::4link:: Go to hell and burn.
:4zss:: Use dash attack or dash grab, come on, I dare you, see what happens.
:4littlemac:: You are getting gimped.
:4samus:: You know Samus does something more than rolling/Charge Shot.
:4sonic::4yoshi:: great, another test of insanity.
:4ness:: Let'ssee if you don't suck.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Oh this should be fun, I got time to kill anyway so I'll do every single character I've seen at least once in FG:
:4bowser:: When someone is under they either Dair or Bowser Bomb.
:4bowserjr:: Mecha-Koopa camping or doing nothing but Mario Karting. There is no in-between.
:4falcon:: Either a Smash God or a wannabe Falcon who just wants to have fun (both of whom I respect).
:4dedede:: Gordos.
:4diddy:: Basically this + DThrow > Uairs
:4fox:: Trigger Finger on his lasers.
:4ganondorf:: Let me just Forward Vision your highly telegraphed Warlock Punch buddy.
:4greninja:: Dair.
:4jigglypuff:: Rollout.
:4littlemac:: -Insert every Little Mac player stereotype here-
:4link::4tlink:: Projectiles the character. Only uses sword for whiffing Smashes and Dash Attacks.
:4lucario:: Aura Sphere camping.
:4mario:: Please do something other than DThrow > Utilt/Uair and Fireballs.
:4megaman:: We get it you have Crash Bomber.
:4ness:: Fishing for grabs all day every day.
:4palutena:: Auto Reticle the Goddess.
:4pacman:: Throws down Hydrants whenever you go under him.
:4pikachu:: The Thunder/Thunder Jolt Pokemon.
:4robinm:: Is most definitely NOT three steps ahead but rather three steps behind at the ledge.
:4samus:: Charge Shot and Missiles the Bounty Hunter.
:4shulk:: Please don't shame a fellow Shulk main by constantly using Back Slash and not utilizing any of your arts.
:4sonic:: Crying intensifies
:4villager:: For a memetastic sociopath, he really doesn't try to leave his Tree/Lloid base.
:4wario:: CHOMP MAN ON MOTORCYCLES!
:4yoshi:: Yoshi please I don't want your Egg Rolls.
:4zss:: Dash Attack/Grab the character.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
:4darkpit:: I refuse to grant this arrogant git the satisfaction of victory (nothing personal to those who play them, DP's character comes across as an absolute prick).
It often is true though. Arrogant prick players tend to play arrogant prick characters.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
:4marth:: Either a seasoned brawl player with sublime spacing, or a member of the "Jump and Shield breaker" club.
:4jigglypuff:: You're probably good. Let me just SD. It's fine. I've only got one life to live, and I'm not going to squander it trying to fight you.
:4falco:: He's just gonna shoot some standing lasers.
:4ness:: OH GOD WHY ARE THEY EVERYWHERE SOMEONE GET ME A FIRE EXTINGUISHER
:4dedede:: Holds down the entire match. Will throw no fewer than 15 gordos.
:4myfriends:: RAR BAIR ERRYDAY
:4falcon:: The game boils down to "who gets the first down-throw to knee?". Will probably use the crappy up-taunt.
:4samus:: If you even breath on him, he'll roll.
:4link:: Got the game yesterday.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
:4duckhunt: Holy crap, more of us exist? (Then they try to camp and I have to show them DHD is better at pressure than they would think)

:4olimar: Another unicorn. If I ever see another one in FG I'm blogging about it.

slavoslav

Smash Cadet
:4ganondorf:: Thanks for the free win.
:4littlemac:: Will SD at least once during the match.
:4kirby:: Will use Down B when above me in the air. Might realize it's a bad idea after several punishes.
:4bowser:: Will use Down B when above me in the air and will continue to do so regardless of being punished every single time.
:4yoshi:: Probably a Yoshi main since 64, this guy is really happy that his main is finally good now and believes it's his time to shine. His urge to spam Up B and Egg roll prevent him from living up to his own ambitions, though.
:4sonic:: This person not only hates his opponent, but also himself. Will spread pain and suffering wherever he goes. Probably obnoxious in real life too. Only character that regularly gets a taunt after I win.
:4falcon:: Might do a friendly taunt at the beginning of the battle. Played by players of various skill levels, but is usually quite bad. Often fun to play with.
:4fox:: This person would much rather be playing Melee. Will start the game with lasers.
:4metaknight:: Would much rather be playing Brawl.
:4sheik:: Always starts the game with needle preparation. Will do random short-hopped aerials during his opponents respawn phase but rarely gets his opponent to respawn.
:4diddy:: Knows about the Down Throw but nothing else about his character.
:4jigglypuff:: Will try to get a rest in at least once, and will miss.
:4ness:: Flowchart Ness, usually easy to deal with. Will spam PK Fire and PK Thunder. Muting the speakers is highly recommended.
:4samus:: Uses rolls as his only defensive option, approach and primary way of movement. His only damage-dealing move is Charge Shot.
:4link:: Much like the Samus player, this man has mastered the art of rolling. He's slightly more daring though, as his moveset not only consists of neutral B, but also side B and the occasional smash attack.
:4tlink:: Like his mature counterpart, this guy plays smash for the rolls. Being easily scared, he will start rolling frantically as soon as you approach his side of the stage.
:4dedede:: Good sport who doesn't care much about his win rate but keeps a meticulous record of his sweetspotted forward smashes. Enjoys the crouch taunt.
:4peach:: A rare occurence. This poor man immediately looked under Peach's skirt when he got the game, only to find dark void instead of her unmentionables. Traumatized and unable to process this shocking experience, he's been playing Smash mindlessly without a second of sleep since the game's release. He may have lost his love, job and social life but he's become a formidable player who's a force to be reckoned with.
:rosalina:: Liked Peach but she was too mainstream for him so he went for the more hipsteresque Rosalina. Skill level may vary but most of them will start rolling as soon as Luma dies.
:4olimar:: This guy probably picked Random.
:4dk:: Like the other heavies, this player is probably a chill dude and fun to play against regardless of skill level. Might do friendly taunts.
:4rob:: Bad Robs will charge a gyro at the beginning of a match instead of shooting a laser to test the waters. Good Robs will crush your hopes, dreams and everything you believe in.
:4shulk:: Hasn't played Xenoblade but loves the character for the meme. Will start the match with Buster. Likely to spam Shield when facing a superior opponent.
:4charizard:: Nice guy of lower skill level. Charmander was his starter in Pokemon Red. Loves to Flare Blitz.
:4marth:: Either a decently skilled veteran who's been playing Marth since Melee or a teenager who thinks Japanese swordsmen are cool.
:4lucina:: This guy knows she's inferior to Marth but couldn't care less since he's in it for the waifu.
:4lucario:: Solely relies on his aura. Probably a furry IRL.
:4greninja:: A huge pokemon fan and a huge manchild but a fun guy to play with. Probably owns all pokemon editions and completed the pokedex in every single one of them. Likes to ninja the opponent with shadow sneak which generally fails.
:4mario:: Most often probably just a confused parent who picked Mario because he's the only character he/she recognizes. Can be a threat in competent hands though.
:4luigi:: This parent actually recognized Luigi.
:4zss:: Currently experiencing puberty, this player plays ZSS because she's hot. Really wants to be good with his character but loses often as he tends to lose... focus during the game.
:4palutena:: Picked her for her looks much like the ZSS guy but is about ten to twenty years older. Might be decently skilled.
:4darkpit:: Because regular Pit wasn't edgy enough for him.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much they'll abuse the same old strats and I'll punish them like I always do

And they'll keep switching characters

Last edited:

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
:4robinf:: Runs around using arcfire and smash attacking whenever you get close
:4samus:: Roll,roll,roll,roll,roll,roll. Charge shot.
:4shulk:: BACKSLASH
:4link:,:4tlink:: Boomerang, arrow, repeat.

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
:4bowser:/:4lucario: - usually a guy who bodied me and wants to "show me how to play my character proper" only to fail horribly at it.
:4bowserjr: - extremely fun MU, I squee'd in joy the one time I saw one.
:4falcon: -
Don't do this just to say you won
:4dedede: - "eh, this is going to be eas-" "KO!" "wat :|"
:4diddy: - "oh snap, this is going to be horrible" [...] "That guy had no clue how to play smash."
:4drmario:/:4mario: - aaaaand here comes the Utilt "combo"!
:4falco: - "Oh snap, this guy is probably pretty good, probably his main since Melee." [...] "That guy had no clue how to defend."
:4ganondorf: - Probably a real pro to pick a character like that, likely for the challenge of it. Probably going to body me on the rematch with their main. Let's enjoy the first round regardless.
:4myfriends: - "Why can this guy combo so hard? ;_;"
:4jigglypuff: - "This guy is probably an unkillable death machine." [...] "That guy was probably just high."
:4littlemac: - Camp the edge and try to get a back throw in before he rips my face off. 95% chance he sucks, and I 2stock him with less than 50%.
:4link:/:4tlink: - Contrary to popular belief, these do have A-moves. No, I'm serious! Try them out sometimes!
:4lucina:/:4marth: - Contrary to popular belief, these do have other moves than counter and neutralB. Try them out sometimes, and in the meantime make sure not to get grabbed/spot-dodged to death.
:4ness: - oh boy, this is going to be fun. Why do these keep using PK thunder and PK force when I'm close enough to punish before Ness finished the respective words?
:4pacman: - Contrary to popular belief, he has other moves than the key, his hydrant and smashes. Also, his smashes are crazy slow, so try mixing up your game a bit more, eh?
:4peach: - "...if I surrender now, will you make it fast?" On a more serious note, extremely fun (maybe even my favorite MU) but extremely scary. Crazy respect for that Fair.
:4pikachu:- Contrary to popular belief, this one has other moves than neutralB and downB. Please just use a different character though.
:rosalina: - this is going to be fun. I love spacing warfare like with her and Peach.
:4samus: - I think I'll just stand here and count this match as a perfect-shielding training session, okay?
:4sheik: - Does anyone know how to actually use those "high tier" characters, or do they just pick them because they're supposed to be good?
:4shulk: - MUTE SOUND IMMEDIATELY
:4sonic: -
Don't do this just to say you won
:4villager: - Actually not -that- bad of a character. Hunting them on Bowser is annoying after a while but if you expect the game to go into sudden death anyway then it's just another perceft shield/Sidetilt projectile defense training session.
:4yoshi: - He's gonna do nothing but eggspam and dash attack, and there's nothing I can do about it.
:4zelda: - YOU'RE SO MUCH FUN TO FIGHT AGAINST PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME there she goes, back to fighting ZSS.
:4zss: - askjdaskaskljaskaksdjlaskjdlaskjdalskdjalskdjalskdjalskdjalskdjalskdjalskdjalskdj. Here comes the paralyzer-upthrow-air-upB combo, let's land and repeat! She has other moves you know? But don't use them. Just pick a different character, please. Chances are around 100% you're gonna choose Diddy or Sheik, and I'll body you because -those- don't play themselves.

:4charizard::4darkpit::4dk::4duckhunt::4fox::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4luigi::4megaman::4metaknight::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::4wario::4wiifit: - Who are these? DLC or some such?

...that was a lot of fun to type out.

Last edited:

Medik

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaptainMedic
3DS FC
1049-0269-7339
:4mario:Yay down grab and up tilt. :4luigi:Keep fairing me off screen. :4fox:''LAZERZ! LAZERZ! OHHHHH!'' :4ness:PK Fire and grab. :4shulk:ewww characters that say their attacks outloud. Those are the only ones I face often and I hate it. :4falcon:Falcon players are fun to play against even if I get stomped on I don't know why. Whenever somebody plays :4mario::4falco::4marth: I feel the need to play a ditto against them because those are my mains usually if they spam or just get me salty

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
:4samus:: Is that.... Worse Samus?
:4shulk:: I'M REALLY FEELIN' THIS MIRROR
:4lucina:: I can't fight my waifu tho
:4kirby:: Monando Kirby > Monando Shulk. If every Kirby main knew how to use the Monado Arts, I'd lose everytime.
:4myfriends:: My sword is longer : D

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
:4mario::4drmario:When will you learn, I'm not gonna shoot my Charge shot at your cape.
:4ganondorf:1 hit and I'm ded.
:4falcon:U-air.
:4zss:Put some clothes on plz.
:4ness:PKfire > Grab all day everyday.
:4sonic:"BWRING BWRING BWRING BWRING"
:4link::4tlink::4lucario:Did you know? There's this magical button with the letter A on it, you should try it.
:4fox::4falco:"IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!" Reflector happy.
:4littlemac:I always assume they're a scrub, and then get rekt by the good ones.
:4rob::4wiifit:I thought you would be better considering you're rare.
:4kirby::4bowser:Always goes for the Down B.
:4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4shulk:Really likes that counter move.
:4charizard:I have yet to face a non Side B Happy Zard.
:4peach::4olimar::4metaknight::4pikachu::4gaw:I'm about to get rekt.
:4samus:99/100 times is someone that gives real Samus players a really bad name.

hdtraves

Smash Rookie
NNID
hdtraves
3DS FC
0001-3309-2184
I take a different approach on all characters but I usually adapt easily to the match-up even with my main being peach =p

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
:4link: Just got the game today
:4ganondorf: Usually knows what hes doing but loses...Thats when Ganon Mirrors happen.
:4tlink:Just got the game yesterday. Starts with arrow and boomerang
:4fox:FN annoying no fun. See the same shet everytime, you'll never win scrubs.
:4charizard: I love charizard and he's cool. But i beg you. Use something other than Side B
:4myfriends:Wiffs grab. Mashes :GCA:
:4luigi:Oh god. Not with grab'n chops! Luigi has too much swag doe.
:4sheik:Charge needles dash attack,up throw to upAir. Nothing else. Time for me to show em how its really done i suppose.
:4marth:Always roll happy never approaches. Uses fair WAY too much. But its okay im just better than you.
:4samus:Usually gives us Samus users bad names. Please just give up and leave.
:4dk:<---Cool.
:4falco: OH COOL A FALCO PLAYER! NEVER SEE THOSE OFTEN. Uses lazer and SideB....:facepalm:
:4lucario: "Hurrhurr My Aura will save me" Rolls spams B ,eventually loses with no dignity.
:4robinf:Again.Nothing new ever. Just roll yourself to hell please.
:4wario2:Taunts at least 5 times throughout the match. Never understood.
:4metaknight: Still gonna be an annoying match in my book. No skill. Very safe.
:4sonic:I bought a fighting game to fight not constantly Sheild and grab.>.< These fights are Insanity.
:rosalina:No. Just no.
:4littlemac:WILL taunt no matter what.
:4mario:Uptilt combo. Amazing! Never saw that before!
:4drmario:Plays him exactly like Regular Mario. Fail.
:4rob:Lazer.Down b.Repeat. If opponent approaches goes for side B or flies away.
:4zelda:Will be Respected
:4zss:Will be disrespected ..lif you try going for B to grab FOR FIRST MOVE XD
:4wiifit:Disappointing. Never fights just spams from edge. Cant blame em doe...
:4yoshi:Eggs.
:4falcon:Dash grab into uparustufhkxsesvhkgkggjfh
:4jigglypuff:Fair or bair. Dash attack Then rest.Laughable. nice in teams I suppose ^^

Last edited:

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
:4ganondorf:: Side B, Jump, Down B. Repeat until lose.
:4megaman:: Thinks he can camp my Ganon. Gets 2 stocked and quits afterward.
:4duckhunt:: Only uses projectiles.
:4bowser:: I have yet to have a fun match with this guy because everyone thinks Down B is a viable move
:4pikachu::UPBUPBUPBUPBUPBUPBNEUBNEUBNEUBUTHROWDOWNB
:4dedede:: Is going to spam Gordo even after I've hit it back 5 times
:4samus:: Please. Stop. ROLLING. OH MY GOD.
:4diddy:: Down throw
:4littlemac:: Gonna add some more wins to my record in about 25 seconds
:4wiremac:: May have some skill due to pallet choice.
:4rob:: Loves that new and improved Side B just a little too much
:4link:: NOOOOOOOOOOOO
:4darkpit:: Will always lose. I've never lost against one of these guys
:4wiifit:: I will bury you with my own hand and make dogs poop on your grave
:4shulk:: BACKSLASH
:4ness:: Time to avoid throws at all costs
:4lucario:: Gotta land a hard smash at 50% or I'm gonna get wrecked
:substitute:: Never gets it off successfully

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
:4bowser:: Jumps in the air and spams dair or down b, no matter how many times it gets punished
:4bowserjr:: Stupid up b catches me every single time
:4falcon:: Rough estimate of population of for glory players: Captain Falcon, Captain Falcon, Link, Captain Falcon, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, etc.
:4charizard:: Flare Blitz right off the edge
:4darkpit:: Spam the side b
:4dedede:: Spams gordos even though he knows that theyre going to be reflected
:4diddy:: I got no idea what hes trying to do, yet he manages to beat me every single time
:4dk:: Never, ever faced one before. They might have gone extinct
:4drmario:: Average smash player
:4duckhunt:: Can and frisbee spammer, but it works
:4falco:: Running up for a dash attack and suddenly, reflector kick
:4fox:: Fires the laser as soon as the battle starts, a strategy more useful in 1 stamina battles
:4ganondorf:: Ganoncide EVERY SINGLE BATTLE
:4gaw:: I didnt even know what oil panic did until I got KOed at 0%
:4greninja:: Rarely seen, dont know what to say about him
:4myfriends:: Thought Ike had a trash recovery since brawl until I saw the midair side b
:4jigglypuff:: Misses rest every single time
:4littlemac:: Either an idiot who side Bs off the edge or an amazing guy who actually knows who to play him
:4link:: Usually a good player, effectively uses projectiles and smashes at the right moments
:4lucario:: You're screwed if you let him take you out first, the aura will beat the crap out of you
:4lucina:: Goddamn SHIELD BREAKER
:4luigi:: Why do I only get him when I play Mario?
:4mario:: Yay, a ditto!
:4marth:: (same as :4lucina:)
:4megaman:: Annoying as crap
:4metaknight:: Someone who tried to search up the tiers and mistakenly thought the brawl tiers were the one for this game
:4ness:: PK Fire when you get close, and PK Thunder when you get further away
:4olimar:: Surprisingly good, I always get two stocked against this guy
:4palutena:: Uses every single one of her moves
:4pacman:: Tries jumping above you and throws a hydrant right on top of you
:4peach:: Slowly sails towards her doom after missing the ledge with her parasol
:4pikachu:: More dittos!
:4pit:: Cant even remember the last time I faced this guy
:4rob:: Runs away and starts exploring the stage with that up B
:4robinm:: Too slow, always punish him
:rosalina:: Never seen a good one yet, they just let the luma fall to their dooms
:4samus:: Side b and charge shots for days
:4sheik:: Like Rosalina, I still have yet to see a good one
:4shulk:: Either noobs who only use buster and smash, or good ones who actually know how to recover with jump
:4sonic:: Side B ALL THE WAY
:4tlink:: Just a worse version of link
:4villager:: Plants tree and hides
:4wario:: First time player who tries out the down b, and gets confused
:4wiifit:: Always doing that deep breathing when they get a KO
:4yoshi:: Eggs off the stage
:4zelda:: Din's fire spammer
:4zss:: Always palette swapping, trying to see which of her outfits look hottest

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
My bad habit tactics i learned from For Glory against certain characters.
Rob - I always start with shield, because i've never played a rob on FG who doesn't open with the laser
Ness - Always assuming ness is trying to hit himself with his Up+B because he thinks i don't know about that
Lucina - Bait out counters. Seriously what's with FG lucina players and counter spamming.
Little Mac - Wait near edge, wait for attack, kill mac at around 40%. I get caught off guard when i play against a good mac, they're
so rare on FG.
Link- Expecting the arrow after the bow, because FG Link's seem to think that is an unbeatable defense.
Shulk - Charging shulk at the beginning to make him pick the wrong mondo art.
Mario - Avoid grabs because of that downthrow > Uair > Uair > Uair combo.
Charizard - Wait for fire blitz and simply block or dodge letting him take damage.

The reason i consider these all bad habits is because in the rare occasion that I face a good player who uses one of these characters, I'll still be using my noob-stomping tactic and i'll get killed and look like an idiot.

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
:4pacman:I'm about to lose my 100% record in Pac Man ditto finally, no they are worse than me never mind. I'm not particularly good yet I never find a better Pac.
:4darkpit:This guy is my friend nice to see some love for Dark Pit.
:4bowser:I will win, if I lose this i'm tired and it's time to call it a night.
:4bowserjr:Fun but pointless as it's going to be sudden death. That will be my fault too though.
:4falcon:Focus and learn this matchup so you can beat your friend who's taken to maining him.
:4charizard:Avoid side b and that's it.
:4dedede:I have respect for King DDD players for some reason. Even if I lose i'm not mad.
:4diddy:May be the best player i've seen in a while, or may be awful.
:4drmario:Nice to see him back if i'm not maining him at least someone is. May ditto but only if they are bad.
:4ganondorf:I shouldn't lose but I probably will.
:4greninja:Most fun matchup, I usually win.
:4kirby:Hope he goes for inhale. Kirby players play terribly with bonus fruit trying for learn about them.
:4littlemac:Ugh if i'm playing well right now I stand a chance.
:4link:Predictable which helps me.
:4lucario:Will SD at least once.
:4marth:/:4lucina:Yes, hope they don't get offended when I play as Lucina next match as I love the ditto.
:4luigi:Should be fun and evenly matched.
:4megaman:Has fans that put it the effort. If i'm playing my secondary Dark Pit though i'm laughing.
:4peach:They will be good.
:4rob:/:4shulk:Difficult I need to learn this one.
:rosalina:Pac worst matchup so glad they are rare. Reminds me why I find losing fun.
:4samus:A healthy reminder of how bad I am. May be decent despite a low tier character. I stand a chance a long as there is no lag and they are not a 'Samus master' that I seem to come across.
:4sonic:I really hope it doesn't lag.
:4villager:I hope they are not smart enough to pocket hydrant.
:4wario:Prepare sudden death strategy.
:4zss:Learn their pattern then punish. No ZSS seems to mix up.

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I'm a :4villager: main.
These are my thoughts on...
:4littlemac:- not YOU again -_-
:4falcon:- dash grab > down throw > uair all day. I can never win
:4zss:- BBBBB grab combos upair to upb.
:4kirby:- YAH! AY! YAH! AY! downb downb downb.
:4ness:- pkfire > dash grab > down throw > fair/uair (i love stealing his pk thunder when he tries to recover)
:4link:- They see me rollin'. Boomerang to arrow all day
:4tlink:- pretty much the same as link
:4samus:- ch-ch-ch-ch-CHARGE SHOT and sideb all day
:4mario:- utilt utilt utilt
:4pikachu:- :GCD::GCB:
:4villager:- Please be my friend!
:4charizard:- :GCR::GCB:
:4zelda:- Din's fire all day
:4bowser:- Sideb and fsmash
:4olimar:- OH MY GOD AN OLIMAR
:4sonic:- *sigh*
:4fox:- Will use B when the match starts
:4pacman:- I love this matchup
:4ganondorf:- Sideb > dtilt all day

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
:4luigi: - Luigi pls stahp
:4falcon: - YES!
:4link: - Projectile spam, ugh
:4samus: - Charge
:4metaknight: - OOOO THAT'S INTERESTING

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
:4mario:- Oh they want to win so bad.
:4sheik:- OH THEY WANT TO WIN REALLY BAD.
:4pit::4darkpit:- Would they think I'm being mean/being a salty scrub if I switch to their counterpart for the next game?
:4kirby:- Down B more please
:4diddy:- They're gonna leave after one game cause he's either to:
a) Beat me easily cause I don't play the match up enough and think I'm not worth his precious time.
b) get scared cause the game was kinda even and he's only playing Diddy to improve his win record and wont risk a loss.
c) rage quit cause he lost and picked Diddy cause he heard he was the best character.
:4shulk:- MY MAN! But there can be only one.
:rosalina::4samus::4megaman::4link::4lucario::4robinm:- dem rollz
:4wiifit::4olimar:- Omg a unicorn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom