• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Roy technique/combo

xylix

Smash Rookie
I hit and run the enemy while in the air I do my up-B on him.
What do you do.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
pretty sure there will be a repeat after 3 of us. but I d tilt , uair, f smash

h3gi

Smash Rookie
I'm not good enough to rely on a second-hit cancelled nair approach, so I like a fair > grab or fair > dsmash/fsmash. If I remember, fair > dtilt > fmash. I've yet to try "triangle jumping", where you short hop, air dodge diagonally into the ground (not immediately; not a wavedash), the punish for their supposed dodged attack.

If I have them grabbed, I like an up throw to uair juggle. I like his up smash a lot, so I throw that in there sometimes. I just don't have the timing to reliably down throw to fsmash, but it's definitely satisfying when I can.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Fair -> Grab -> Fthrow -> Fair -> Regrab -> repeat until they learn

Dtilt -> Uair -> Uair -> Uair -> etc

Firesoul1

Smash Apprentice
1. Forward B , Forward B , Up B , Down B , (and quite possible) Down Smash.
Its great if the enemy is off the stage.

Metà

Smash Master
XD at all these combos. Have you guys ever played against competent players? Those can pretty much all be crouch-cancelled/DI'd/jumped out of. The only reliable combo that's more than two moves I ever do with Roy is d-tilt --> n-air --> f-smash, because it's pretty much the only one that works at a decent % range. Other combos are possible, but only if your opponent royally screws up. F-air is NEVER a combo move, and multiple u-airs just...don't work against someone who knows how to DI or air recover.

Roy's comboing ability is just slightly better than SSB64 Samus'...

Top Bottom