• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your reaction to screamers/scare flashes

Volrec

Smash Lord
IF you dont know what it is, then google, Kikia, and watch the first thing that comes up.
The first one i have ever seen was God's prayer I think. It said to read this **** backwards or somethin, and then a whole bunch of demonic images start screaming. I nearly browned myself. D=

What were your reactions

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I hate those things!

Now, I'm suspicious about darn near every internet video... like the "Halo 3 controller" video

Corin

Smash Lord
hahaha, those things piss me off. Though I sent one to my sister when she was drunk, and she fell off her chair. It was hilarious.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I hate those. I'm very,very suspiscious if something tells me to "stare into this image for -insert amount of time-".

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The first one I saw was a few years ago. It was a 'Where's Waldo' picture... and lo and behold, a demonic little girl comes out of nowhere and screams at you.

That time I just jumped pretty hardcore.

Now that I can usually tell when it's coming, I just blink and shoot my head back a bit.

Scorpionic 3:16

Smash Cadet
I found a "Hand/Eye Coordination Test" once. You had to keep your mouse cursor over a red dot while it moved across a figure-8. If your mouse went off, a giant, bloody eyeball popped up and screams at you. It scared me half to deat the first time, but I got my friends with it. Then it was just funny. Not a lot scares me, but I get startled real easily.

Zealot2120

Smash Lord
Me and screamers have a pretty good friendship. The first time I ever saw one (I think it was the where's waldo one) I looked away from the screen just as the face popped up. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and then I was prepared for it.

Ever since then I always somewhat expected it when I had to look at an image for a certain amount of time.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Me and screamers have a pretty good friendship. The first time I ever saw one (I think it was the where's waldo one) I looked away from the screen just as the face popped up. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and then I was prepared for it.

Ever since then I always somewhat expected it when I had to look at an image for a certain amount of time.

Oh haha, I have a story just like that.
I was at a forum, and someone posted a "Whats wrong with this picture" screamer, and after 30 seconds, I was like, **** this, and closed it.

The Next post was like"DUDE, What the uck is wrong with you! Dont be ****ing posting **** like this, it scares the **** out of me!"

Lucky man.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
My first experience with those thigns was with the, "Illusion game". You go through several pages of illusions, and on this one page it says try to find 3 "hidden faces". Now I had just broken my arm in a clmbing accident and was about 1 week away from a complete recoveryl The i played the Illsuion game. And when I do Illusions on the computer I stare at the computer very close. And when the little exorcist girl screamed at me, I screamed like a madman and fell out of my chair, onto my broken arm. I then had to go to the hospital where I was told my arm needed another month to heal D:. The second one I sw was the, "what's wrong?" picture of the room. But the red font gave it away so I immediatly closed the tab. I then sent it to all my friends.

Ironically the next day at school I got punched seeeeeeeevral times.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't know about screamers but have you ever saw the potrait The Scream? I laughed when I heard about it. They showed it on the News and said "Don't look at this picture or you will die!" Idiots.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I am not an idiot. I know what they are, I was just using a common phrase kind of like "I don't know about you..." and then stating something that clearly effects both people with the same result.

That and my speaker is broken so I wouldn't be able to hear the loud a** scream that is random as hell.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I hate these things so much. Ever since I found them , I haven't been able to enjoy YouTube as much as I used to. I have to let the whole clip play and rewind it to check if there's anything that pops out. I even keep my speakers turned off full time. Knowing that something's going to pop out doesn't help either. I have to know the exact second it does to not jump. It's weird because I always laugh when the monster attacks the hot girl/best friend/arrogant jerk in horror movies, but I cant seem to stand these. *sigh*

Marth101

Smash Journeyman
Hhahhahaha, man f*** screamers. The first one I had was someone had fit it into a hand-eye cordination game, where you have to control a little dot through a maze, but if you hit the wall you lose. The only problem was the walls were reallly realllllly close together. Not only that, but the music was reallly low. So, naturally I turned my speakers up. Just as it gets to a really really hard part, *keep in mind its 2 AM*, my speakers are turned all the way up, my face is two inches from the screen, and all of the sudden a bloody picture of Chucky screams the **** out of my speakers, I swear one of them almost blew out one of them. Luckily I got up of the floor (I fell off my chair) and turned my speakers completely off and alt f4'd asap. I couldnt sleep for another two hours.

syaoran

Smash Rookie
I really hate screamers ;_; For some reason I always fall for it, like sometimes it says "Wait for the ghost" or "Listen to Silent Night backwards, it's satanic" or stuff like that and all the time it freaks me out lol. I hate screamers

Volrec

Smash Lord
Yeah Common, I havent watched Youtube so carefully ever since i was sent a chinese oneee a while ago. The picture wasnt very scary, but the scream was loud as ****. I still jumped.

Curse them **** scare flashes.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think I've seen that one yeah.
One of my friends has hypertension and apparently also some kind of hole in his heart, so if he got really startled by one of these things, he might get palpatations and die. :eek:

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
i get really scared of those vids, even though i know that its coming, i still soil myself and start screaming.

Eaode

Smash Champion
the first one i saw was that coffee commercial where the car disapears behind the tree. of course i leaned in, wondering "where the **** did it go?", and it was even scarier because it was live action instead of just picture -_-;

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
I hate those the most. Probably the thing that I hate the most in the universe. Just thinking about them scares me.

Anyways, the first one I saw was like... um... about 5 years ago. The first one made me cry.
Hey! It was a very manly cry! XD

F8X

Smash Ace
I hate those things myself, and I recently got owned very badly wit them. I was in a library with headphones on looking at videos on youtube.I search speed run, most viewed and here comes a Super Mario Bros 3 speed run. I click, Looks legit and its says put your volume up.....
Look the video up for your self but its LOUD, like earache loud...

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I hate them, I can't stand them. Of course I've been startled by some in the past, but now I never click on links or play games or watch movies that I think are screamers (I'm usually right about which ones are/aren't).

Can't stand them at all.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I love them, they're the best things ever. I wish more people would link me to them, because that would roK. If I think something is a screamer, I turn my volume up to max.

Screamers make the Internets a nice place to be.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Screamers never scare me. In fact, they dissappoint me when I think I am about to look at something interesting. The first one I saw was about some chick whispering so I thought it was boring, got up to get a drink, and then all of a sudden I hear screaming from the kitchen so I go check the computer and it was that chick screaming. I cocked an eyebrow and became depressed...

Majora Zach

Smash Cadet
My first screamer was something where you had to read lyrics from a song while it played. I was over at my friends house and (ironically) my other friends were playing Smash Bros Melee while I was browsing on his computer. The zombie face came up, screamed, I fell out of my chair and started laughing. My friend is interested in why I was laughing, and he looks at the computer screen, says 'Holy ****!' and slaps his hands on his face.

It was awesome. :)

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I spend my internet huddled in a constant paranoia because of screamers. Rubber Johnny is awesome though.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh god.. The first screamer I'd seen made me want to run outside of my house and punch the first person I see in the head.

I hate them, and basically suspect anything that looks a bit foggy. As far as my reaction goes, I'd probably jump, punch my monitor, and yell out a religious slurr.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
The point is to make someone **** themselves.

I think that's satisfaction enough, if I were the creator.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I hate these things so much. Ever since I found them , I haven't been able to enjoy YouTube as much as I used to. I have to let the whole clip play and rewind it to check if there's anything that pops out. I even keep my speakers turned off full time. Knowing that something's going to pop out doesn't help either. I have to know the exact second it does to not jump. It's weird because I always laugh when the monster attacks the hot girl/best friend/arrogant jerk in horror movies, but I cant seem to stand these. *sigh*
I'm the same way, whenever I'm watching a video someone sends me through AIM or whatever, I can't help but put down the speakers.

My first one was a few years ago when my science teacher told everyone to gather round his computer and, "look for what's wrong". We were only 9 or 10 years old, so of course everyone jumped up and screamed liked a little girl when it popped up...never liked science class, never liked screamers.

Top Bottom