• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Personal Worst Matchups

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It's only been about a week for most of us, but so far, what are your worst matchups personally? Which characters gives you the hardest time in the game?

For me, it's without a doubt Pac-Man. I just can't do anything to the hungry pie no matter what. All Pac-Man players I've faced so far are way beyond my skill level. Following would be ZSS and Dunk Hut. Sheik and Link are also contenders since I happened to have had bad experiences against them. :(

Last edited:

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
I have yet to win a match against a Sheik, but the most brutal beating I have received thus far was from a Little Mac. Most of them I have no problem beating, but this one was freakin Elite. I don't even think I got 50% on him before he wasted both my stocks.

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcons are horrible for me, they are so fast and powerful they just dominate the stage, and unlike Little Mac they aren't terrible in the air and they have decent recovery so it makes it very hard to beat a good Falcon, at least for me as Ness and Dedede. Links are also annoying since their projectiles interrupt attacks, have a really long range, reflect my gordos, and I can't absorb them with psi magnet, but they are no where near as bad as Falcon

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
I fought against this sheik user who just annihilated me! I consider myself to be pretty darn good, but he was toying with me. When he KO'd me he would duck over and over as to simulate tea bagging, then he would jump down to the side of the omega Nintendogs stage and cling to the wall, flip around, and almost have a near death only to Up + B back up to the ledge showing off his skills.

It took every ounce of my being not to throw my 3DS at the wall, lol! I don't mind losing, but he was very unsportsman like his demeanor.

Funny thing was that I beasted his DK with my Fox before that match, same guy and everything... I wonder what was up with that...

kindred.dread

Smash Rookie
Little Macs are always tricky. But a good one is devastating. I really dislike his Insta-KO punch, it feels unbalanced to me. He's already really good as is.

I haven't run into any Shieks yet...

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
I've gotten destroyed by Rosa, Sheik, and Lucina in the past so I'd say those three. That Rosa battle was the worst thing i'd ever been a part of. Granted at that point I had contracted a major case of BNF but still. The amount of carnage was cringe worthy.

So far i've only fought noob Little Mac's who just run at me and end up SDing.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Rosalina is the one that gives me the most trouble. I've yet to find a way around her luma...

He smash attacks are really powerful too. Just an overall annoying fight. :(

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Yoshi and Bowser are my poisons (been playing mostly as Greninja).

- Every Yoshi player I've come across (only a few) has been visibly more skilled than me, so this might not count as a matchup issue. I've been a sucker for his egg drop off the side though and his second jump super armour frames mess with me.

- But most Bowsers I play don't even seem better than me, they just beat me. A hard hit at low % when I do something stupid to take my first stock. Then a side B double suicide to take my last stock. Works on me everytime.

Ike gives me more issues than I think he should also.

Interesting that everyone is saying Little Mac. For me it's by far the easiest matchup. Very rarely lost to a little Mac despite being the most popular pick. I think the times I did lose, it was just my laziness and I beat them in rematches. I think he's just an attractive easy to learn option for those new to the game?

I often find them accidentally killing themselves with that jump punch. Otherwise I just rack up a little damage (50+) with projectiles and cautious attacks, then stay near the edge and shield when they attack > then grab > throw behind off the stage > short hop, back air > dead.

I have yet to win a match against a Sheik, but the most brutal beating I have received thus far was from a Little Mac. Most of them I have no problem beating, but this one was freakin Elite. I don't even think I got 50% on him before he wasted both my stocks.
That's scary, I have yet to come across a Little Mac who really knows how to use him yet. Not looking forward to it though!

I've noticed some pretty good Shieks too. They always out-damage me, but just a Greninja backair or two when they're off stage and their recovery seems to let them down.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wii Fit Trainers are a headache for me, their jabs are really annoying, most of the time I get buried no matter what.
Little Mac well...we already know about Little Mac
Strangely I haven't run into a Shiek user yet; and as a Zelda main, Im waiting anxiously that moment.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I hated the Rosalina waifufags in the past couple Mario Karts, so the hate definitely carries over considering she makes you play an entirely different game when fighting her.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Rosaluma and Lucario are the bane of my existence.

D

Deleted member

Wario, ZSS, and Rosalina.
Rosalina less so though, but the first 2 are the bane of my existence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
It's mainly playing online against Link, Ganon, and Bowser.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I hate fighting Zero S. Samus but haven't had recent problems with her.

Then there's Peach who I hate fighting in all games.

And now I think Villager gets on my nerves, because I can never tell what he's gonna do next half the time.

Also Mii gunners are kind of annoying.

Actually both sword and gunner mii, all 3 of them attack so freakin' fast.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
I love hearing about all players who have trouble.with Link lol he is a solid character and I love all the options I have with projectiles, sword jabs, spikes and strong recovery

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I hate Zelda ( have a hard time countering the teleport ) Lucina (that counter spam + already decent character) and fast characters that allow the owner to just dodgeroll their way all over the stage and still do al ot of damage.

Then as a personal nemesis i guess i really dislike Peach, mostly cause her attacks are embarassing to lose to...

Funnily enough, i don´t seem to have trouble with Little Mac like everyone else seems to have.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I hate Zelda ( have a hard time countering the teleport ) Lucina (that counter spam + already decent character) and fast characters that allow the owner to just dodgeroll their way all over the stage and still do al ot of damage.

Then as a personal nemesis i guess i really dislike Peach, mostly cause her attacks are embarassing to lose to...

Funnily enough, i don´t seem to have trouble with Little Mac like everyone else seems to have.
if you fight zelda,sheik or palutina and wanna read the teleports just tap their icon on the touch screen.

a box should appear around them.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
if you fight zelda,sheik or palutina and wanna read the teleports just tap their icon on the touch screen.

a box should appear around them.
I have tried to make use of this... however it does not work like it was explained, or rather how I interpreted it lol

Kekezo

Smash Cadet
I really hate Lucario. Not Lucario himself, but the people who play him infuriate me. EVERY Lucario I've ever played against has gotten destroyed up until about 100%. Then they turn into little campers who run away to spam aura sphere and force palm if I get close. The worst thing is it works
Also Yoshi. I don't know what it is about Yoshi, but he feels too strong. He hits me once and then I'm screwed because I never get to gather myself. He is ALWAYS on top of me because of his speed and jumps. Not to mention his aerial attacks are all hard to dodge. I always get completely destroyed by Yoshi.

north-note

Smash Cadet
most of the match against little mac as Kirby. I'll make sure I find the way to beat mac with kirby, even the good one.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Any characters that roll a lot. I feel like if I don't rush at them like a crazy person, the game will go until Sudden Death based on how some of these people play.

Samus especially just loved to turn into a ball and spam roll and charge their shot until SD, Robins love to spam roll and charge their shot until SD, and stuff like that.

It doesn't even feel like these characters are that good, just that playing defensively is good.

Little Mac and Bowser are both really good VS. my main Pit, but at least if I'm better I can win.

Rosalina feels like a tough match up against anyone, but I literally haven't beat her once on Ness yet in 5-10 battles. But I have managed to beat her a handful of times on Pit at least.

LOL.

Last edited:

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
Every single game because my win to lose ratio has like a 30 game gap difference.

to be precise, Rosalina especially. Sheik comes close.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Also have noticed that :4ness: kicks my butt in this game
I have played only one, and he kept punishing me with the same combo whenever I was attempting an offstage recovery lmao I could not get away from him

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I have played only one, and he kept punishing me with the same combo whenever I was attempting an offstage recovery lmao I could not get away from him
I'm sure I can find a way to beat him, but even CPU versions of Ness just keep winning. In Classic mode I stay away from Magicant.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I always have difficulty with Sonic. Robins tend to give me a tough time, but I think that's mainly because I haven't faced many of them yet. I'm getting better against Ganondorf and Little Mac, I think I just needed to put in the time fighting them.

Top Bottom