• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your personal "Most Used" Tier List

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
S::4rob:
A: :4jigglypuff::4ryu::4bowser::4samus::4charizard:
B: :4dk::4falcon::4ganondorf::rosalina::4zss:

Any other character is used so infrequently it's not worth mentioning, and ROB has a good 70% of the play time. Charizard is actually higher than his usage and Falcon lower as reported by the Records in-game, but that is because I used Falcon a long time ago and have used Charizard more recently.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Well, this is my personal tier list (as of July 2015). It will only cover the original roster of 48 characters :

S (mains and secondaries) : :4mario::4sonic:(mains):4luigi:(secondary)
A+ (love them so much) : :4shulk::4falcon::4megaman::4drmario:
A (willing to use them competitively) : :4pikachu::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4villager::4wario:
A- (to be considered in competitive) : :4myfriends::rosalina::4diddy::4marth:
B+ (For Fun most used) : :4bowser::4ganondorf::4fox::4littlemac::4link::4rob::4metaknight:
B (For Fun rarely used) : :4yoshi::4greninja::4falco::4dk::4charizard::4lucina:
B- (like them but uncomfortable) : :4palutena::4dedede::4kirby::4samus:
C+ (neutral) : :4ness::4sheik::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4robinm:
C (hate them) : :4zss::4lucario::4peach::4tlink::4wiifit::4zelda:
C- (garbage characters) : :4gaw::4jigglypuff: and especially :4olimar:

I'll never use characters mentionned in E and F tier. They're just either boring to play, uncomfortable or I just hate the playstyle. Left to right means <<favorite to least favorite>> of each class. If I would put Mii Fighters and DLC characters in this list, it would look like this :

:4miibrawl: (B, behind:4lucina:), :4miisword:(B-, behind :4samus:), :4miigun:(on top of C+)

:4mewtwo:(top of B+), :4lucas:(top of C+, between :4miigun:and:4ness:), :4feroy:(S, behind :4luigi:as a secondary) and finally, :4ryu:(A+, between :4megaman:and:4drmario:)

Are we allowed to post our personal tier list for Melee? Does it exist somewhere in the Melee forums?
*UPDATE (AS OF AUGUST 2015) :

S (mains and secondaries) : :4mario::4feroy:(mains) :4wario2:(secondary)
A+ (love them so much) : :4sonic::4shulk::4luigi::4falcon::4drmario:
A (willing to use them competitively) : :4megaman::4fox::4ryu::4villager::4pacman::4pit::4darkpit:
A- (maybe competitive) : :4myfriends::4marth::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4metaknight:
B+ (For Fun most used) : :4bowser::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4rob::4lucina::rosalina:
B (For Fun rarely used) : :4diddy::4miibrawl::4yoshi::4greninja::4falco::4dk::4charizard:
B- (like them, but uncomfortable) : :4miisword::4palutena::4samus::4kirby::4lucas:
C+ (neutral) : :4bowserjr::4miigun::4robinm::4duckhunt::4sheik::4ness:
C (hate them) : :4dedede::4zss::4lucario::4peach::4tlink::4wiifit:
C- (why are you even in the game? Waste of character slot) : :4zelda::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4olimar:

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
ALL Super Smash Bros. games character use tier list.

4 Wii U + 3DS:
:4littlemac::4sonic:///:4megaman::4samus:
(mains /// seconds)
:4pit::4duckhunt::4miibrawl:(:4ryu:):4darkpit::4zss::4miigun::4fox::4falco::4dk::4peach::4luigi::4mario::4bowser::4wario2::4drmario::rosalina::4palutena::4wiifit::4miisword::4ness::4pacman::4wendy::4rob::4falcon::4jigglypuff::4pikachu:(:4feroy:):4link:(:4mewtwo:):4ganondorf::4shulk:(:4lucas:):4marth::4myfriends::4metaknight::4gaw::4diddy::4lucario::4zelda::4kirby::4robinf::4sheik::4yoshi::4dedede::4lucina:(casuals)
:4tlink::4charizard::4greninja::4olimar::4villager:
(dislike)

P:M;
:pikachu2::samus2:
///:mario2::roypm: (mains /// seconds)

:warioc::luigi2::peach::ness2::wolf::popo::pit::zerosuitsamus::mewtwopm::dk2::falcon::bowser2::link2::kirby2::lucas::gw::rob::jigglypuff::marth::diddy::ganondorf::zelda::yoshi2::metaknight::dedede::ike::falco::fox:
(casuals)
:lucario::toonlink::snake::olimar: (dislike)
:charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::sonic: (boycott due to major gameplay changes)

Brawl:

:pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:)
///:rob::samus2: (mains /// seconds)

:wolf::sonic::pit::zerosuitsamus::jigglypuff::mario2::luigi2::fox::ness2::peach::dk2::popo::lucas::falcon::falco::sheik::zelda::kirby2::pikachu2::bowser2::gw::ike::ganondorf::marth::dedede::diddy::metaknight:
(casuals)
:lucario::toonlink::olimar::snake: (dislike)

Melee:

:samusmelee::peachmelee::luigimelee:
/// :icsmelee::mariomelee::younglinkmelee: (mains /// seconds)

:drmario::roymelee::pikachumelee::nessmelee::pichumelee::dkmelee::bowsermelee::gawmelee::ganondorfmelee::kirbymelee::falconmelee::yoshimelee::jigglypuffmelee::zeldamelee::linkmelee::marthmelee::foxmelee:
(casuals)
:falcomelee::sheikmelee: (dislike)

64:

:dk64::samus64:
/// :ness64::falcon64: (mains /// seconds)

:jigglypuff64::luigi64::mario64::pikachu64::fox64::yoshi64::link64::kirby64:
(casuals)

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
S::4rob:
A: :4jigglypuff::4ryu::4bowser::4samus::4charizard:
B: :4dk::4falcon::4ganondorf::rosalina::4zss:

Any other character is used so infrequently it's not worth mentioning, and ROB has a good 70% of the play time. Charizard is actually higher than his usage and Falcon lower as reported by the Records in-game, but that is because I used Falcon a long time ago and have used Charizard more recently.
Updated:

S (Main)
:4rob:

A (Semi-competent secondaries)
:4charizard::4wario2::4ryu:

B (For Fun)
:4jigglypuff::4dk::4bowser:
C (Have used in the last month)
:4falcon::4samus::4fox:

I felt at least a top 10 was deserved in this update but in reality my main gets 70% of my playtime, with the rest in reality split between the next 6 characters. Most notable change is Wario there; I picked him up recently because I enjoy messing about with him.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Melee:
S: :ganondorfmelee: (the main)
A: :samusmelee: :falconmelee: :luigimelee: (secondaries)
B: :roymelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee: (for fun)

C: Everybody else.

Smash 4:
S+: :4zss: (the main)
S: :4ganondorf: :4falco: :4shulk: (secondaries)
A: :4mario: :4samus: :4darkpit: :4tlink: (tertiaries)
B: :4luigi: :4diddy: :4fox: :4drmario: :4falcon: (somewhat competent with)
C: :4lucina: :4littlemac: :4megaman: (for fun)

D: Everybody else.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
SS: :4link: :4zss:(my mains, I probably use them 95% of the time)
S: :4yoshi: :4greninja: (my trolly characters, most of the other 5%)
----
A+::4sheik:(IMO best character in the game, most of what's left of the remaining 5%)
A: :4kirby: :4pikachu: (small, fast, fun [Monado Kirby too OP])
A-: :4zelda: :4samus: :4ganondorf: :4jigglypuff: (characters I want to be better with, fairly decent with but their flaws make them difficult to be consistent with, also Jiggs is amazing in Smash Run)
----
B: :4lucina: :4luigi: :rosalina: (I guess I'm alright with these characters)
B-::4myfriends::4pacman::4mario: (I guess I'm slightly less alright with these)
----
C+: :4bowser::4rob::4falco::4megaman::4lucario: (overall meh, wish Falco played the same as he did before)
C: :4sonic::4diddy::4fox: (Sonic and fox too hard to control, Diddy's just not my style)
----
D+::4palutena::4gaw: :4villager: (do I ever use these characters?)
D: :4robinm::4darkpit::4shulk::4miibrawl::4ness: (ok, now I'm just making this up)
D-: :4falcon::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4dedede::4charizard::4marth::4dk: (ok these guys I kinda suck with)
----
E: :4pit::4duckhunt: :4miigun::4tlink::4wario:(they're just there....)
----
F: :4metaknight::4miisword::4drmario::4olimar: (I'm either terrible with or just don't really care much for them)
F-::4peach::4wiifit: (I actually hate these characters, Peach is annoying in general and WFT is just plain awful overall)

projected usage
A-::4mewtwo:(I expect to use him a fair bit, even after the hype slows down)
C-::4lucas:(not a fan but thought he was better than Ness, that Up Smash tho)
Some changes...only listing my top used characters...
SS: :4link::4zss: Nothing's changed here!!

----
A::4feroy::4sheik: :4greninja::4yoshi:Roy's pretty much worked his way back up into my top three, and have been using Sheik a lot lately as well, still use Yoshi and Greninja a fair bit as well...
B: :4samus::4ganondorf::4roy::4littlemac:I'm in the lab with Samus trying to 'Git Gud'...Ganon's still my top heavy...Been messing around with BJ and the Koopalings a lot, as well as Little Mac
C: :4bowser::4kirby::4pikachu::4megaman::4zelda::4luigi::4jigglypuff::4charizard:Other characters I like to mess around with, forgot how much fun Bowser is since I first played the game, his nair just looks hilarious...
E: Everyone else...
F: :4peach::4wiifit::4darkpit::4tlink:...personally dislike these characters...don't like Peach at all, WFT is no longer funny, Dark Pit because !@#!*%$#*^&@$, and any form of a baby Link I don't like...if they changed his moveset then fine, but as is...smh...I'm usually not vocal about them though, mainly just blocking them out...

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
God tier: :4marth:

A tier::4feroy:

B Tier: :4shulk::4mewtwo::4greninja:

Get out of this game tier: :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4palutena:

I especially hate you tier: :4diddy::4sheik:

Everyone else is chill though

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
*rubs hands together* Here we go!

S Tier: :4charizard::4pikachu:Charizard is my main, plain and simple. I love the character, and my dream Smash pick since 64. He has a very aggressive playstyle but rewards patience. Pikachu has been my main in 64 and Melee and my go-to competitive character when I "gotta go fast!". These two are ones I would take into tournaments and ones I would try to learn everything about them as my 2 man dream team, who's strengths balance out each other's weaknesses. Charizard hits HARD, and is one of the faster heavies (my preferred weight) but I crank out Pikachu when I need to be an annoying but adorable yellow wasp that stings repeatedly and you just can't swat it. It helps these two compliment each other so well AND are my favorite Pokemon, always part of my loadout in every game if I can help it.
A Tier: :4robinm: I'm totally garbage with Robin, but I do try to learn him because I love him and Awakening. After Charizard, Robin was my dream pic for Smash 4's roster because I loved Awakening but I was sure we were getting Chrom and "Avatar" was a pipe dream at best, and yet here we are. I want to try to incorporate him as a secondary because he offers things Charizard and Pikachu do not, but again, I'm rubbish with him.
B Tier: :4bowser::4metaknight::4fox:There will be the oddball time I might wander into a For Glory rocking these guys. Bowser was my secondary in Melee and Meta Knight was one of my most used characters in Brawl (next to Pokemon Trainer). Meta Knight was the character I was BEST with in Brawl, but to be fair, it's not hard to be great with Brawl Meta Knight because he was an overpowered force of nature. You might see me break out a Fox against an annoying Lloyd spamming Villager. Sweet, sweet vengeance on those little brats that think they can recover with a Lloyd when I reflect it in the other direction. Does Fox's blasters pop VIllager balloons while at the same time not flinching Villager and letting him use them again? If so, I will just go automatically to Fox every time I see a Villager user. I also liked Starfox Adventures (a game many hate) and like Fox for that reason.
C Tier: :4iggy::4miigun::4duckhunt::4lucina:My, my it is a rarity you will catch me playing these guys but sometimes when I feel the need to play something different, these guys are my picks. Iggy's my favorite Koopaling, so when I go Clown Car, I go Iggy. I actually have a blast playing an insert of myself as a Mii using a power suit. I'm actually not that bad at Mii Gunner and it's a shame you can't use them in For Glory. If I feel like being a prick in a For Fun match I will bring Duck Hunt and spam projectiles. I used Lucina a couple of times for some reason.
I don't use Tier: :4falcon::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pit::4rob::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:I simply don't find anything attractive in these characters. Either I'm not jiving well with their playstyle or I simply don't care for them. I'm mostly indifferent to their presence anyway.

Burn in Hell Tier: :4villager:

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
S Tier: :4wario:
A Tier: :4drmario::4luigi:
B Tier: :4ganondorf::4mario::4larry::4lucas::4ness::4villager:
C Tier: :4bowser::4dk::4myfriends::4dedede::4tlink::4falco::4feroy:
D Tier: :substitute: (Everyone Else)
I will never use you as long as I live Tier: :4sonic:

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
ZESTYN'S SM4SH PLAYTIME TIER LIST!!!!!
SS::4jigglypuff: By far and away my most used character. Love playing with her. No character (outside of maybe the IC's and Sonic) create more salt. Love it.

A+::4yoshi::4metaknight: Characters I take fairly seriously. Love to constantly test them, and see what they're capable of (and what I'm capable of doing with them). Plus they're just really fun to play.

A::4falcon:
} Have logged quite a bit of time with them. Enjoy how they play, and how I play with them.
A-: :4sonic::4fox:

B+::4peach::4pacman::4wario2::4mewtwo::4link:
} In the "testing" stage.
B::4mario::4marth::4dk::4megaman::4diddy::4luigi::4pit::4kirby::4pikachu::4gaw::4olimar:

B-::4falco::4bowser::4greninja::4myfriends::4dedede::4shulk::4samus: Like them, but not in love with their playstyle, so they're rarely used.

C::4zelda::4ganondorf::4ness::4palutena::rosalina:
} Not really into these characters
C-::4villager::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4rob::4feroy:

Roll::4charizard::4duckhunt::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4robinm::4ryu::4sheik::4darkpit::4drmario::4zss::4tlink: I kinda intentionally avoid these charcaters. Only like how a few of them play (the rest I either hate how they play, or can do it with a different character).

RR::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4wiifit: Can count on one hand how many times I've used these characters. Hate them.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
S: :4mario: :rosalina: - The main and the secondary.
A: :4jigglypuff::4luigi: - The other main and the other secondary.
B: :4drmario::4feroy: - The other other main and the other other secondary.
C: :4megaman: - A recently dropped secondary.
D: :4lucario: - A secondary I dropped a while back.
E: :4myfriends: - A secondary I've long since dropped.
F: Everybody else.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I play mostly team battles for glory with my cousin cause it's fun getting to co-op. Our standard rotation goes:

First Match: Little Mac (Me) And Charizard (him)
Second Match: Link and Toon Link
Third Match: Double R.O.B.
Fourth Match: Dedede and Kirby
Fifth Match: Mario and Bowser
Sixth Match: Duck Hunt and Game and Watch
Seventh Match: Rosalina and Yoshi
Eighth Match: Greninja and Sheik
Ninth Match: Ryu and Captain Falcon
Tenth Match: Mewtwo and Pikachu

Granted after the fifth match, 6-10 on our rotation are not really in a set order, I just gave where they generally fall. We also get virtually every other character out (except we don't seem to really play much to any Shulk, Dr. Mario, Falco, or Wario)

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
S (main): :4pikachu:
A (secondaries): :4sonic: :4mewtwo: :4greninja: :4lucario: :4charizard: :4jigglypuff: :4kirby: :4lucina:
B (for funsies): :4ganondorf::4link::4feroy::4shulk:
C (I've played as them quite a bit): :4dk::4marth::4sheik::4zelda::4diddy::4bowserjr::4gaw::4ness::4luigi::4megaman::4metaknight::4mario:
D (I've played as them a couple times): :4miibrawl::4falco::4miigun::4pit::4bowser::4bowserjr::4miisword::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4littlemac::4wario:
E (Barely played): :4drmario::4zss::4falcon::4duckhunt::4ryu::4lucas::4villager::4tlink::4samus::4myfriends::4wiifit::4peach::4olimar::4falco::4pacman::4palutena::4dedede::4darkpit:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Okay, so for Melee (not exactly related to Smash Wii U), I have :
S (mains and secondaries) : :falcomelee: (main) :marthmelee: :falconmelee: (secondaries)
A (awesomeness tier) : :drmario: :foxmelee: :mariomelee: :roymelee:
B (for fun) : :pikachumelee: :luigimelee: :ganondorfmelee: :samusmelee: :sheikmelee: :younglinkmelee: :linkmelee: :dkmelee: :jigglypuffmelee: :mewtwomelee: :kirbymelee:
F (uncomfortable or I hate them) : :yoshimelee: :icsmelee: :peachmelee: (uncomfortable). I hate :bowsermelee: :zeldamelee: :nessmelee: :gawmelee: and :pichumelee: (why does this character exist).

I'll do one for Smash 64 and Brawl if you don't mind.
*UPDATE (As of August 2015) :

S (main and secondary) : :marthmelee:(main) :falconmelee:(secondary)
A (''Final Destination Fox Only'' tier) : :falcomelee: :drmario::mariomelee::roymelee: :foxmelee: :ganondorfmelee:
B (for fun) : :luigimelee: :pikachumelee: :samusmelee: :mewtwomelee: :jigglypuffmelee: :younglinkmelee: :linkmelee: :sheikmelee: :dkmelee:
C (uncomfortable playing them) : :kirbymelee: :yoshimelee: :icsmelee:
D (''I hate them'' tier) : :peachmelee: :bowsermelee: :zeldamelee:
E (''Why are you in the game?'') : :nessmelee: :gawmelee: and :pichumelee:(UGH! WHY DOES HE EXIST?)

Furret24

Smash Master
S (Main) :gawmelee:
A (Secondaries):jigglypuffmelee::pikachumelee:
B (For Fun) :drmario::pichumelee::kirbymelee::dkmelee::yoshimelee:
C (Indifferent) :bowsermelee::falconmelee::falcomelee::foxmelee::ganondorfmelee::linkmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee:
D (Dislike) :mewtwomelee::nessmelee::roymelee::samusmelee::younglinkmelee:
F (No) :icsmelee::zeldamelee:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4pit: :4palutena:
:4lucina: :4robinf: :4miisword:
:4rob: :4drmario: :4ganondorf: :4duckhunt:
:4ludwig: :4myfriends: :4wario: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4miigun:

* UPDATE~! *

Top row are my mains, the characters I devote the most time to and feel the most comfortable with. I would prioritise these characters in a competitive match.

Second row are my subs, the characters I have in reserve in case my mains don't cut it. I would be comfortable with using these characters in a competitive match if the situation called for it.

Third row are my "for fun" characters, the characters I am reasonably skilled with, yet wouldn't necessarily use in a serious competition. I keep these characters for friendly matches to keep things fresh and dynamic.

Bottom row are my "other" characters, the characters I would only play strictly for fun or wish to get better with. Right now, I would never use these characters in a serious competition.

- Pit is still my best character. I'm committed to him.

- Palutena is back in action. Drifted away from her a while, then recently remembered why I love her so much.

- Customs help Lucina immensely. Buffs are good too.

- Need to get better with Robin. I kinda dropped her when I realised how much of a commitment she'd be, but the buffs have convinced me to try her out again. I think I can do well with her. She could be a very useful pocket for certain matchups.

- I'm gonna get into Mii Swordfighter seriously as I've intended to for a while. I'd played the character casually since release, but the recent buffs have encouraged me to get back into it. The Chrom costume helps.

- Decided to drop Ganondorf as a sub. I still have fun with him, but right now, for where I am and where I want to go, he's too much of a commitment. I'd rather devote myself to other characters than force myself to play a character I tend to struggle with.

- After an extended hiatus, R.O.B. returns. While I wouldn't necessarily use him in a serious competition, I am very fond of him, to the extent that I will keep him around as a pocket.

- While I hardly play Duck Hunt these days, the time I devoted to him has mostly stuck with me. I reckon I could hold my own with him if I had to.

- Ludwig has more-or-less dropped off my radar, but I still pick him up very occasionally for fun. I was never very good with him even way back when I played him regularly, but I still inevitably enjoy it when I do pick him up.

- I am interested in picking up Ike and Wario. I don't intend to become competitive with them, but for fun matches or as a quirky pocket, it could be a worthwhile investment.

- Still want to be good with Shulk. Still have no idea how to do that. Still fun. Still going to try.

- Swordfighter is my favourite Mii by far - has been since the reveal trailer - but Brawler and Gunner are fun too. I'm gonna experiment with these two and see which set works best for me.

- None of the DLC characters interest me too much. I'm content with this roster for now!

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
S::4shulk::4megaman:
A+::4bowser::4link:
A::4mewtwo::4falcon::4rob::4lucario::4miibrawl:
B::4luigi::4zelda::4miigun::4miisword::4greninja::4palutena::4samus::4robinm:
C::4myfriends::4charizard::4ryu::4wiifit::4mario::4drmario::4pikachu::4gaw:
D::4dk::4pit::4lucas::4ness::4feroy::4yoshi::4metaknight::4peach::4fox::4falco::4zss:
E::4tlink::4sonic::4littlemac::rosalina::4marth::4lucina::4sheik::4pacman::4dedede::4wario2::4diddy::4ganondorf::4kirby::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4villager:
F::4darkpit::4duckhunt: (I refuse to play anyone in the F tier)

If Ice Climbers where in this installment, you can bet they would've been S tier.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
God: :4kirby:** :4pacman:
High: :4mario: :4drmario:** :4wiifitm:*
Mid: :4gaw: :4dk:** :4falco: :4dedede: :4bowser:*
Low: :4shulk:** :4ganondorf:* :4littlemac:* :4luigi: :4miibrawl:* :4falcon: :4charizard:*

Loathe: :4olimar:

(I hardly ever use anyone else.)

*mostly with customs
**sometimes with customs, though fine without

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
S::4peach::4greninja:
A+::4robinm:/:4robinf: :4feroy::4villager:/:4villagerf:
A:4drmario::4mario::rosalina::4yoshi::4mewtwo:
A-:4ganondorf::4zelda::4iggy::4pacman:
The rest

Being completely honest, everyone below Peach and Greninja are mostly for screwing around in for fun/Glory lol

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
(By my expierence and who I play as most, from left to right)

S+: :4falcon::4ganondorf: (Mains)

S: :4marth::4wario2::4drmario::4falco: (Other Mains)

A+: :4mewtwo::4littlemac:(Secondaries)

A: :4metaknight::4darkpit::4pit::4mario::4myfriends:(Other Secondaries)

B: :4shulk::4gaw::4ryu::4sheik::4rob::4robinm::4ness::4lucina: (Other characters I enjoy playing as)

C: :4feroy::4greninja::4bowser::4samus::4zss::4link::4lucas::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::4charizard: (Characters I pick up for fun)

D: :4lucario::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4miisword::4miibrawl::4zelda::4fox::4diddy::4kirby::4megaman:(Currently learning)

E: :4tlink::4miigun::4villager::4luigi::4pikachu::4dk::4sonic: (Tolerable, would most likely not pick)

F: :4duckhunt::rosalina::4olimar::4palutena::4peach: (Disliked)

I'm thinking of recording answers here and making a fun community list.

Update: Tried out some characters and thought more of my list.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
(By my expierence and who I play as most, from left to right)

S+: :4falcon::4ganondorf:

S: :4marth::4wario2::4drmario::4falco:

A+: :4mewtwo::4littlemac:

A: :4metaknight::4darkpit::4pit::4mario::4myfriends:

B: :4sheik::4shulk::4gaw::4ness::4greninja::4rob::4ryu::4robinm::4lucina:

C: :4zss::4feroy::4bowser::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4lucas::4lucario::4wiifit::4link::4samus:

D: :4charizard::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4miisword::4villager::4olimar::4diddy::4fox::4kirby::4miibrawl::4sonic:

E: :4megaman::4tlink::4miigun::4luigi::rosalina::4pikachu:

F: :4dk::4palutena::4duckhunt::4pacman::4peach::4zelda:

Sorry Zelda, maybe next time.

I'm thinking of recording answers here and making a fun community list.
I tried to do that as well, but I wasn't sure what to do with"Everyone Elses"

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I tried to do that as well, but I wasn't sure what to do with"Everyone Elses"
I got Mario done, for when it said something like "E: Everyone else", I put him in that tier. I had to ignore some votes, and I left "unknown" out of it. One done, so many more to go...

Also, Mario looks like a C-tier character according to this thread, most of the votess were in that range with most of the others in B or D. I'm surprised, I thought he'd be higher. Should be interesting to see what this thread likes.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
S: :4wiifit::4megaman::4zelda:
A: :4pacman::4link::4lemmy:
B: :4lucina::4tlink::4pit::4darkpit::4dk:
C: :4marth::4robinf::4zss::4greninja::4duckhunt::4sonic::4luigi:
D: :4bowser::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4kirby::4mario::4drmario::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4samus::4shulk:
E: :4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4gaw::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4metaknight::4ness::4olimar::4rob::rosalina::4sheik::4villager::4wario::4yoshi:
F: :4fox::4falco:

S: Front-Line Mains
A: Alternative Mains
B: Secondaries / Pinch Hitters
C: For Fun
D: Occasional Playtime
E: Just To Clear Single Player Modes
F: :glare:

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
S+: :4pikachu:
S: :4bowserjr::4villagerf::4sonic:
A: :4megaman::4duckhunt::4ness::4peach::4metaknight::4dedede:
B: :4kirby:(:4miif::4miibrawl:) :4jigglypuff::4samus::4falco::4bowser::4pacman:

F: :4marth::4lucina::4palutena::4link::4littlemac::rosalina: (I either dislike the character itself or how it plays).

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
(No order within tiers, except that Samus is #1.)
BAE: (bae af 5evr tbhimho tier) :4samus::4lucas:
LoML: (Love of My Life tier) :4megaman::4myfriends::4pacman::4luigi::4pikachu::4gaw::4metaknight:
A: (Awesome tier) :4zelda::4ganondorf::4marth::rosalina::4mewtwo::4feroy:
B: (Below-awesome tier):4olimar::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4yoshi::4dk::4mario::4ness::4fox:
C: (Cool tier) :4villager::4wiifit::4pit::4lucario::4diddy::4rob::4shulk::4peach::4wiremac::4kirby:
D: (Don't use tier) :4link::4duckhunt::4bowserjr::4robinm::4sheik::4tlink::4bowser::4drmario::4palutena::4greninja:
B: (Barbie tier):4zss:
L: (Lucina tier) :4lucina:
IQ: (IQ lowering tier) :4falcon:
P: (Palette swap tier):4darkpit:
S: (Sonic tier):4sonic:

Other:
Y: (Y aren't u liek u were in brawl tier):dedede::warioc:
I: (I miss u tier) :wolf::snake::popo:

My opinions have changed pretty dramatically since the last time I posted this. Sheik has gone down 4 or 5 tiers, because I got really tired of her. Pikachu rose from bottom three to top ten because I gave him a chance. (Honestly, the little anorexic rat just worms his way into your heart.) He's my favorite top-tier character now.

Mr. G&W and Olimar left the Y tier to join the rest of the list.

Sonic and Dark Pit are still the only characters I've never actually played as. (I played as Sonic in training mode once. I hated it.)

Ness and Lucario are two characters who I no longer hate, partially because I realized that they're actually really hard to play as.

I'm putting ZSS towards the bottom out of principle, but I actually use her as much as some in the b-tier. So I put her in a second B-tier, towards the bottom. She's actually in the b-tier, but this way she knows her place.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4pit: :4palutena:
:4lucina: :4drmario: :4rob: :4miisword:
:4robinf: :4ganondorf: :4duckhunt: :4ludwig: :4shulk:
:4myfriends: :4wario: :4lucas: :4falcon: :4miibrawl: :4miigun:

Decided to reassess my tier list again. Rather than focusing on characters I like in theory, I am now focusing especially on characters I actually use.

Same criteria applies:

Top row - Mains, go-to competitive characters
Second row - Subs, for less serious competition
Third row - For fun, can kinda use
Bottom row - Very for fun, exclusively for casual play​

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Going by how much I like each character in-game it would be:
S::4falcon::4luigi::4villager:
A::4drmario::4ganondorf::4kirby::4mario::4pikachu:
B::4charizard::4dk::4lucas::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4ness::4pacman::4rob::4wario::4yoshi:
C::4bowser::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4mewtwo::4olimar::4pit::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4wiifit::4zelda::4zss:
D::4littlemac::4miigun::4palutena::4peach::4robinm::4tlink:
F::4link::4miisword::4samus:

Yeah, I like airial combo characters.

Going by how much I like each character outside of the game it would be.
S::4greninja::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4robinm::4robinf::4yoshi::pt:
A::4falcon::4charizard::4dk::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4olimar::4alph::4pikachu::4shulk::4villager::4villagerf::ivysaur::snake::squirtle::pichumelee:
B::4bowser::4dedede::4drmario::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4link::4mario::4marth::4pit::rosalina::link2::4samus::sheilda::4sheik::4tlink::4wario::4wario2::4zss::younglinkmelee:
Our boy::4roy::4feroy:
C::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4diddy::4falco::4fox::4jigglypuff::4wiremac::4lucas::4ness::4pacman::4peach::4rob::4ryu::4sonic::4zelda::wolf:
D::4larry::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4duckhunt::4gaw::4littlemac::4megaman::4mii::4miif::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4palutena::popo:
F::4wiifit::4wiifitm:

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
S+: :4palutena:

S: :4pikachu::4lucina::4drmario:

A: :4littlemac::4wario2::4robinf::4duckhunt::4myfriends:

B::4darkpit::4mewtwo::4feroy::4bowserjr::4zelda::4charizard:

C::4rob::4bowser::4gaw::4greninja::4marth::4sheik::4luigi::4robinm::4villager:

D::4falco::4fox::4tlink::4yoshi::4diddy:

F: :4olimar::4alph::4ness::4ryu::4samus::4zss::4megaman::4metaknight::4ganondorf::4falcon::4lucas::4lucario::4dedede::4wiremac::4link::4shulk::4sonic::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4wario::4villagerf:

I wish they weren't in the game::4miigun::4miisword::4miibrawl::4pacman::rosalina::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy:

I only play characters I like. I hate playing characters that are just good, except for Wario, out of A-tier and up I have a pretty strong connection with each of those characters.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
*UPDATE (AS OF AUGUST 2015) :

S (mains and secondaries) : :4mario::4feroy:(mains) :4wario2:(secondary)
A+ (love them so much) : :4sonic::4shulk::4luigi::4falcon::4drmario:
A (willing to use them competitively) : :4megaman::4fox::4ryu::4villager::4pacman::4pit::4darkpit:
A- (maybe competitive) : :4myfriends::4marth::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4metaknight:
B+ (For Fun most used) : :4bowser::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4rob::4lucina::rosalina:
B (For Fun rarely used) : :4diddy::4miibrawl::4yoshi::4greninja::4falco::4dk::4charizard:
B- (like them, but uncomfortable) : :4miisword::4palutena::4samus::4kirby::4lucas:
C+ (neutral) : :4bowserjr::4miigun::4robinm::4duckhunt::4sheik::4ness:
C (hate them) : :4dedede::4zss::4lucario::4peach::4tlink::4wiifit:
C- (why are you even in the game? Waste of character slot) : :4zelda::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4olimar:
*UPDATE (AS OF SEPTEMBER 2015) :

S (mains and secondaries) : :4mario::4villager:(mains):4feroy:(secondary)
A+ (love them so much) : :4metaknight::4shulk::4falcon::4fox::4marth::4pit::4drmario:
A (willing to use them competitively) : :4megaman::4sonic::4ryu::4wario2::4luigi::4darkpit::4lucina:
A- (competitive potential) : :4myfriends::4dk::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4pacman:
B+ (For Fun most used) : :4samus::4diddy::4link::4littlemac::4bowser::4rob::4tlink:
B (For Fun rarely used) : :rosalina::4zss::4falco::4greninja::4yoshi::4charizard:
B- (like them but uncomfortable) : :4bowserjr::4lucas::4wiifit::4palutena::4miibrawl:
C (neutral) : :4kirby::4miisword::4miigun::4robinm::4duckhunt:
D (hate them) : :4ness::4dedede::4peach::4lucario::4sheik::4zelda:
E (THE WORST CHARACTERS EVER) : :4gaw::4jigglypuff::4olimar:

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
:4dk::4diddy::4yoshi:
:4jigglypuff::4wario2::4luigi:
:4ryu::4myfriends:
:4lucas::4ness::4drmario::4wiifitm::4charizard:
:4sheik::4pacman::4mii::4gaw::4alph::rosalina::4rob:
Tiers:
Main Tier = My favorite characters in a competitive setting and the ones I am most comfortable playing.
Ex/SubMain Tier = Three characters I previously mained and have dabbled in a lot, I can still pull them out in a competitive situation if needs be, but they will likely but rusty.
Headband Tier = Characters that I very much enjoy to play that I feel have a competent skill level in.
B Tier = Same as A Tier, except with less work put in to improve my skill at the characters.
C Tier = Characters I play occasionally for fun. Have no intention of improving my skill with them, as I'll only pick them up for a couple of casual matches. The Mii Fighter constitutes Gunner and Brawler.

Hypothetical DLC: A DK Character would fit firmly into an A Tier position or as a main. Every other possible character is up in the air, although I'd be very willing to give Snake another try as I overlooked him in Brawl.

---
OTHER SMASH TITLES:

MELEE:
:jigglypuffmelee::dkmelee:

64:
:kirby64:
BRAWL:
:metaknight:
:warioc::lucas:
PM:
:gw:

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'ma update. This time without any real explanations and also included the other 3 Smash games.

Smash 64

S: :pikachu64:

I used Pikachu and only Pikachu in 64

Melee

S: :pikachumelee:
A: :bowsermelee:
B: :pichumelee:

Brawl

S: :charizard::metaknight:
A: :pikachu2:
B: :bowser2:

Smash 4

S: :4charizard::4pikachu:
A: :4robinm:
B: :4bowser::4metaknight:
C: :4miibrawl: (For King K. Rool costume :drsad:)

I had Lucina, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt listed previously but as of this update I never find myself using these characters ever, so I dropped them from my list.

I notice some consistencies. Save Brawl, Pikachu was always one of my mains, since the start, but is otherwise amongst my most used characters in any game. I picked up Bowser in Melee and never dropped him, usually acting as a secondary or tertiary. Charizard has become my true main since Brawl and now in Smash 4 (doubly so now that he's solo and got several great buffs) and Meta Knight is popular with me since Brawl as well. You'll see me dabbling in Robin as well, wanting to learn his ranged game.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
SS (Super Sass) Tier: :4zelda:
S Tier: :4falco::4wiifit::4feroy:
A Tier::4sheik::4myfriends::4darkpit::4zss::4lucas:
B Tier::4lucina::4palutena::4robinm::4fox::4ness::4kirby::4lucario::4peach:

F Tier: The Rest :/

SS+S: My main and true secondaries

A: Characters that I use often

B: Characters that I just use for fun

F: I honestly never use the rest of the cast. I just listed the characters that mattered.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Updated for Lucas/Roy/Ryu and new opinions. The Miis are with customs.:

S+::4shulk::4marth::4robinf::4feroy:
S::4megaman::4littlemac::4ryu::4falcon::4fox::4sonic::4mario::4link::4lucina:
A+::4pit::4lucas::4myfriends::4falco::4luigi::4peach::4drmario::4darkpit::4zss:
A::4pikachu::4metaknight::4diddy::4tlink::4olimar::4dk::4yoshi::4miisword::4greninja::4miibrawl:
B+::4sheik::4kirby::4palutena::4ganondorf::4ness::rosalina::4gaw::4pacman::4mewtwo::4wario2:
B::4villager::4rob::4duckhunt::4miigun::4dedede::4bowser::4samus::4charizard:
C::4zelda::4lucario::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4jigglypuff:
Updated version, this time with actual explanations for the placements with characters I actually use:

S::4shulk::4falcon::4feroy:

- Shulk was the newcomer I became the most excited for in the days pre-dating Sm4sh release due to his music and versatility with the Monado Arts shown in his trailer. I've become dead set and followed through on maining him since 3DS Day 1. He's my most practiced character and the one I'm most comfortable using in tournaments.

- Captain Falcon I actually started using way more after the events of Super Smash Con, my first Sm4sh tournament. With him I also get the fluidity and adeptness I feel with Shulk and kept him as a solid secondary when he helped alleviate or even triumph over Shulk's bad matchups.

- I've been preferring to use Roy over Marth lately due to his dominating pressure. While I didn't use him in tournament play like the other two, Roy is my go-to in friendlies and I'm training him as an extra backup for Shulk alongside Captain Falcon.

A::4samus::4marth::4mario::4littlemac::4robinf:

- Samus is probably the biggest change from my previous list. After learning the beauty of Uair and Zair I started using her more often and she somehow became my most used projectile character.

- Despite his buffs, I started using Marth less frequently because Roy. I still use him because tippers are incredibly satisfying and help with Shulk spacing.

- Old main from 64/Melee/Brawl. I just have him as the pocket character to cover a few matchups in case I don't feel like playing my secondaries.

- I can't exactly explain why I like playing Little Mac. He just feels immensely satisfying and plays a very good reactive playstyle that I like.

- While Robin isn't my most used projectile character anymore she's still my favorite to use. Her thunder tomes and Dthrow buffs in particular helps her zoning and CQC game nicely. Makes me want to just go and proclaim "Checkmate!" every time I secure the game or set win with her.

B::4metaknight::4fox::4peach::4link::4zss::4pit::4megaman:

- Meta Knight quickly became a character I accustomed to by virtue of his punish game as well as his multiple jumps.

- Fox feels similar to Captain Falcon except that, for me personally, he's not as fluid.

- I've been warming up to Peach recently and find her float mechanic fun.

- Link still remains a character I play, if only on few occasions.

- Zero Suit Samus is pretty much how I feel about Captain Falcon but seems even more versatile. I might practice her a lot in the future.

- Pit's an extremely well balanced fighter and I love him for that.

- The Super Fighting Robot dream is still alive, just not being used very often.

C: (Everyone else) because I use them for exclusively casual play.

Kulty

Smash Ace
*UPDATE (AS OF OCTOBER 2015) :

Top-tier (mains and secondaries) : :4mario::4sonic:(mains),:4shulk:(secondary)
:4mario:: I want to become a specialist of this character, meaning main Mario in every Smash game (not including PM). The reason is because he's my favorite video game character of all time and my favorite game series outside of Smash.
:4shulk:: a character that I recently picked up again after I dropped him since Roy came out. However, I do prefer him because of his amazing ability to adapt through different kinds of situations. Makes me think a lot of Marth and has an anime feel to it.
:4sonic:: another character that I recently picked up again, because I want to give him another chance. He's my second favorite franchise of all time after Mario. I love his personality and his gameplay style. He helps me cover a few bad matchups for the 2.

High-tier (love them so much) : :4drmario::4fox::4feroy::4falcon::4marth::4pit::4megaman::4ryu:
Favorite characters to play outside of my three competitive characters
:4feroy:: my favorite Melee veteran to play aside of Dr. Mario technically. Plays similar to Marth and moves that feel so rewarding to land (f-smash).
:4falcon:: my good old companion from Smash 64. Like Roy, feels good to play this character.
:4fox:: my gameplay style in Melee (technically :falcomelee:). Love him to death. Incredible fun character to play (20XX). The other for fun secondary along with Dr. Mario.
:4marth:: my character from Brawl. Best thing about Marth : landing tippers which feels so good. Still love him even if nerfed.
:4pit:: love his personality, love his gameplay, love his balance, feels like I'm playing Mario again.
:4drmario:: that's pretty obvious why I love this character. Even if nerfed from Melee, I still love Doc due to his differences with the original character. One of my For Fun secondaries.
:4megaman:: so hard to play, but I enjoy him a lot. The only zoning character that I really enjoy for a while without being bored.
:4ryu:: like Mega Man, such a high learning curve, but very rewarding character. Shoryuken feels very satisfying to land.

High-mid tier (willing to use them competitively) ::4luigi::4metaknight::4littlemac::4villager::4myfriends::4ganondorf::4falco:
Characters that I enjoy but not as much as the high-tiers, either boring if I play them for too long or I don't use them as much.
:4luigi:: I like this character a lot, but don't like the fact that his weaknesses are easy to exploit.
:4metaknight:: Same reasons as Villager, but I find him more fun than Villager overall.
:4littlemac:: a character that I love for his amazing reward of using his ground and air game, but very easy to exploit his weaknesses just like Luigi.
:4villager:: really cool character, but boring after a while.
:4myfriends::4ganondorf:: extremely rewarding characters to play, but their weaknesses are too easy to exploit like Luigi.
:4falco:: my main in Melee. Definitely not as fun as :falcomelee: or :falco:, but I still love him.

Mid-tier: all the characters that I've not mentioned.
Characters that I used in casual play only, because they don't fit my playstyle in terms of competitive environment, but very fun to play otherwise. However, I only use them occasionally.

Low-tier: :4miigun::4miisword:
I just don't find them that fun to play. I don't hate them, but there's almost no point for me to play these characters. They're just there.
Garbage-tier (THE WORST CHARACTERS EVER) : :4gaw::4jigglypuff::4olimar:
I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. THEY'RE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE IN SMASH. These characters are the only ones I wish they were not even in the game, because they're that stupid and annoying. Sorry to offend some of you guys who main these characters, but I just CAN'T STAND THEM. THEY'RE THE WORST. Gonna hate them forever. They won't even move up in the tier list

Most of my fun in competitive Smash comes to if I'm interested at playing them at a high skill level. I often use characters from top to high-mid tier. I occasionally use characters in mid-tier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom