• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your opinion

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I have a poll for you guys. What would you prefer: A 100 man lagless online tournament, OR a 40 man Offline tournament.

I just want to know the rest of the Smash community's opinion on whether they like being in person or anonymous.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
40 man offline tournament without a doubt.

:093:

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
There's just something about playing in person at a real venue. Not only is it a whole different game when your opponent is sitting next to you, but a big part of the enjoyment of tournaments is friendlies, companionship, and atmosphere.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
My first thought was "well, if it's lagless, then wifi."
Then I remembered that in-person tournaments are more fun.

You really don't feel the community aspect on wifi. It's just more fun being able to communicate and interact with people.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Yeah, in-person.

Being able to actually talk to the people there, be part of the hype, do friendlies or random challenges afterwards make the experience a lot more fun.

Top Bottom