• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most useless tech trick

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Did you know you can JC a shine into an illusion on the ground? Just like doing a doubleshine except press side b instead of down b :)

Did you know that you can make your "PC Chris edgehog" a tumble instead of a fall by shielding just as you slide off the ledge??

the more you know!
:)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just look at some of Phanna's stuff, even if its not with fox, some are the most useless tricks ever...

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
shine infinite ledge stall
its useless because i can only do it 100% consistently on onett (its easier there for some reason) even if i could do it 100% consistently on other stages (its about 75% on fd) it wouldnt have any use since firefox stall is better anyway

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
I like the ledgehopped single laser straight into another ledge-grab. (press down, DJ immediately, Laser immediately, grab ledge....repeat). Doing b-airs also work, but takes more precise timing.

I also like jump-cancelled shine -> (single or double) laser combo. It's a combo! Really! Do it in training, you get two (or three) hits (on characters who don't fall over and are tall enough).

With the up-b from on stage, if it ends just as you get to the edge (just past it, not before, and not too much after), you'll grab the edge. It takes a bit of practice, and it's really risky, but it's fun. I also like to try to shine into up-b chase. Suicidal? Yes. Fun? Extremely.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
what exactly do you mean by reverse waveshine then?
wavedash, then shine? lol

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Whoa dude relax, I was just saying... Besides, im not a technical god like sw even you are more technical than I am

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Really? Well I'm not trying to sound arrogant, to tell you the truth I'm not expecting other people that don't know me to believe the things I say I can do, If they say something about it then maybe is because they want to know if what I'm saying is truth and therefore meet me and clarify their doubts. Anyway, I just expect the people that know me and have watched me play -and I believe you've watched some of my vids- to gently answer me and believe what I say to have and intelligent or fun talk

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Takieddine needs to the type of pill to make him chill, it was one lil comment he made and you exploded lol. I am the cockiest member on smashboards though and very proud. X x X

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
After ko's, face left jc shine turnaround wavedash repeat. it looks nice when you get it but its not too rare that i flub the turn around.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol how did this become a slight flame thread??
Who cares if people are arrogant on the boards, if its not a super serious topic (since this one isn't) people can be as arrogant as they want. Look at any FLorida smasher, it is aggrevating.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i can also jc usmashes only using the y button and c-stick. it's completely useless but it requires very fast fingers.
FINE! I can only with bowser. >.>

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
another one i like is usmash out of shine out of shield :)
jumping with up of course

but more completely useless tech tricks....

You guys know that glitchy ledge on the right side of rock stage on pokemon stadium right. using falco, roll into the ledge as much as you can, then jump and phantasm, you will ledge cancel on the platform to your left :)

did you know that as bowser on yoshi story you can roll to the edge of the top platform and up+b to the opposite direction, keep holding your di, and you will ledge cancel on the side platforms :)

ahhh this game is so fun

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Shield drop on (yoshis,dreamland,FOD) mid platforms to reverse waveshine (so you waveshine instantly after the shield drop) then waveland off the platform to some aerial to ledge cancel.

If you do it at the very corner of the platform and fastfall the aerial to ledgecancel it looks really flashy cause shield>shine>aerial all in a moment

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
ok here's a really fun one i just did.
pick captain falcon, go to FD

ok you guys know about momentum dropping or whatever, basically if you do a dash attack at the ledge, hold back and you'll fall off after its done.

run at the ledge, do a dash attack
hold back
you fall of the ledge
keep holding back
walljump off the ledge of FD
upair
hold your DI back, walljump again
upair
hold your DI back, walljump one more time
upair
now double jump, do an up B towards the stage....careful....carefull....edge cancel it backwards :)

quickly:
momentum drop dash attack
walljump + uair x3
backwards edge canceled up+b

fun fun fun

game set

Smash Apprentice
whenever im running off the stage instead of running i hold sheild to slide off. Not sure if theres any differance, and its stupidly easy.

I'll give someone a million $$$ If they can get 4 edge cancel Dair Immediate wavelands. It doesn't have a constant possibility so it's basically impossible lol. Still possible, but not gonna happen =P

A lot of useless techs I have are situations or routines so I won't type those out lol.
One of these days I'll make a new video though. When people start to forget who does it best.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Takieddine needs to the type of pill to make him chill, it was one lil comment he made and you exploded lol. I am the cockiest member on smashboards though and very proud. X x X
Lain is really cocky too he once said, "I just have to beat Anther, then Dope, then vidjo, and if I lose to any of them I go against Scala. Piece of cake." He wasn't being sarcastic either...

Although he does WAY better when he's being a cocky *******, at one tournament he hadn't eaten for 3 days(no exxageration) and he was losing badly becuase he wasn't being cocky enough.

My most useless is ledge drop illusion regrab. With falco it's okay but Fox it's useless. I don't know much that's totally useless.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I lot of these things aren't useless, lots of them have situational uses. and some are just plain useful. Shine turnaround bair? People do that all the time.

For something truly useless, look no further than here.

Shine turnaround RSHDL

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
reverse-turnaround waveshines?

So basically, waveshining backwards, shining->turning around->waveshining backwards the other direction->repeat.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
question: is it possible to do a clean waveland on the dreamland platforms from a ledge hop? i've been able to ALMOST do it, and to air dodge horizontally and THEN land on the platform, but not a clean waveland

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
no, but you can land on it with a ledge-jump.

I have another trick:

On FoD if you WD back off one of the lower left/right platforms into a move and d.i. off the stage - you'll automatically ledge-cancel. Its pretty cool.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
certain platforms with certain characters basically have automatic edge cancels if you hold your DI after double jumping. falcon on yoshis top platform comes to mind

Top Bottom