• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most humiliating loss(es)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxen

Smash Rookie
Tell us about your most humiliating loss. Maybe a loss when you screwed up really bad, of reasons unknown. Or maybe about a loss to a foolish CP.

Also, did you get angry? Did you throw the controller with all your hate right into the wall? Or maybe you turned the power off and didn't play for weeks.

Let's hear it everybody!

SilverDraco134

Smash Cadet
When my cousin (Playing Falco) knocked me over the edge with his laser, and I Fire Foxed the wrong way! I died at 10%.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I was once Falcon Punched by GAWes on FD, microscoped to the side. Though I had no chance in beating him anyways, it sucks when you have a Captain Falcon Moon Walk into a Falcon Punch like that, especially when you alrdy are going to die.... >.>

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Once, when I was playing my friend, we had items turned on, and she was at 123% damage, I was at 98% (or somewhere around there) just as soon as I was about to land the finishing blow, a capsule spawened right in front of me, I hit it instead of her and it was an exploding one (I have horrible luck) it sent me flying off the stage, and it was impossible to get back on.. we were both on our last stock too.. :(

I am know as the master of disaster on there, lol.

247Marthathon

Smash Cadet
i did a 2v2 with my friends and we killed one person so it was 2 v 1. all 3 of us had pretty much no damage and one life and i decided to try and get that super long throw with samus so i was just messing around. the kid came back and killed me and later killed my partner

bluezaft

The True Zaft
1) In the final tournament match, I was Jiggs and accidentally did down-b instead of side-b while off the edge.

2) Another tournament match as Jiggs on Mute City, I got knocked way off on my last stock and barely survived. As I was making my way back, the stage changed boundaries (apparently Mute City does that) and I suddenly died.

3) I hit a falco off the stage so he couldn't make it back, but I was hanging on the ledge just in case. As the falco fell, he shot a laser, which hit me and actually killed me because I got confused for something.

Pure of Heart's story reminded me of something funny that happened today involving items. A Mario did a neutral air but missed by a lot, but a green shell just happened to spawn exactly at his foot at just that moment, so the shell went flying to me and killed me.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
As Marth I was playing my roomate's Peach. We were on Ness's stage with the cars ( I can't recall the name) and both of us were on our last lives with very high damage. After an epic battle I manage to hit him with a Fsmash. As he is twinkling slowly to his death in the background, I was hit by a car. The force was so strong and latteral that I hit the house on the left, bounced off the screen to the right and died before he did. I was soooo frustrated because I rarely beat his Peach.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think it happened at the most recent tournament I was at. I was matched up with one of my friends in the bracket (who's pretty smug, btw...) We had a close fight to open the set, both down to one stock and over 75 damage on Yoshi's story. He was Falco and I was Peach. I had been using Sheik the match just before that, and impulsively tried to ledgehop fair, something I never really do with peach. I smacked him, but never adjusted the timing for peach, so as he flew off the right side [should have died because his DI generally sucks] and would have been edgeguarded to death easily, I just tumbled to my death because I missed the stage and was FFing, so I couldn't react and umbrella quick enough to save myself. SDs make me sad :(

But then I got him back by 3-stocking him with Zelda the next match, hehe

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well, once i got beat by a n00b doc player badly, im not going to go into any details, but it was pretty sad, then i trained a whole bunch and then i won against him.

Zink

Smash Champion
There's a match on youtube of Shiz (falco) vs KSN Sheik), and at the end KSN tried to recover by transforming and teleporting on his last stock . Shiz edgehogged him, so KSN was falling to his doom, but Shiz tried to show off by dropping down and spiking him. Missed and died, losing the match.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Ok i was facing a computer since it was christmas eve, so no friends over at my place, now check this out when computer fox throws you off the edge, after a second he would use the shine, so he threw me off the edge and i did the illiosion and he shined me, if you dont beleive it fine dont have too, i never got mad or anything cause i know it was mistake. after that match, i never did illiosion after a fox throws me off the edge.

Holy Ji

Smash Apprentice
I can hardly count how many times I've used Fox or Falco and used side+b off the stage.
Also, once I got a lot of damage when a complete noob kept using smash attacks with the ICs.

K-Cow

Smash Cadet
My friend beat me with Fox by spamming C-stick because I was being careless. Lol. Then I four-stocked him. ._.

I've also died numerous times while trying to edge hog with Fox, usually when I was guaranteed to win anyway. =[

Razed

Smash Ace
I lost to a super-noob's ganondwarf! Well, he's been playing as long as I have but he doesn't know any advanced techs =/

I can beat him every other time though =X!

Sensai

Smash Master
Me and a friend of mine teamed at a tourney once. We should've placed a lot higher on teams (like...3rd instead of 5th), but we chose Battlefield and he SDed 3 times.

/sigh.

I was cool with it though, I mean, s'just a game, right?

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
at a tournament a long time ago i got 1st in my round robin pool so had a 1 seed, then i went 2 and out in the tournament, including a loss to someone i had beaten in the RR pool

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
A few days ago I kileld myself 3 times by COMPLETELY aiming my Quick Attack incorerctly
I have NO idea why.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
A few months ago when I was still learning the basics, I played a Marth who chaingrabbed to f-smash on all four of my Falco's stocks. It was not fun to watch/play.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
well, I was playing McRustyJr in a tournament match and everyone was watching, I kept running into his FSmashes and ppl were probably thinking I sucked cuz he was FSmash spamming and I kept running into him. I got 3 stocked...****!! I got so mad cuz it was a tournament match and I lost so badly, I threw my controller at the ground and shouted "Im an idiot!" :(

Metà

Smash Master
I two-stocked my friend's Ganon (which is his main) with Peach. He called me cheap and said Peach takes no skill. So, I told him to try Peach, and seeing as he doesn't use advanced techniques that much, I figured it would be an easy win. I chose Fox, with the intention of waveshining him to death. I just kept getting D-smashed for 50 or more damage. The d-tilt keeps him in for so long at low percentages, and I have good DI! >.< I couldn't get enough waveshine combos off so he 3-stocked me. Worst loss ever. Of course, right after that I two-stocked him with Doc, so it's all cool. : )

Izombie

Smash Rookie
My most embarissing must have been at the tourney that I got paired up against my frient who uses Luigi. He is really good and it had been a while since I had last beaten him. I meteored him three times with yoshi and had the advantage (2 stock over his 1) and i was owning him, but one of my other friends yelled out try to get a misfire and he got it. it killled me and then he freaken just owned me when I came back and I lost :dizzy:

Edg

Smash Cadet
Bah I still suck at edgeguarding... I usually end up doing a late air dodge on my wave dash and falling off of the edge or accidently fastfalling when i get knocked back trying to do a dtilt.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
the worst loss i ever had was when a lvl 1 pichu basically punched me off the edge of poke stadium. no joke i looked away for like two seconds.
Anyway i spent the entire night redeeming myself by pwning pichus
I HATE PICHU!!! :'(

Hellhawk23

Smash Rookie
I got taunt-spiked by Luigi as Link before. I grappled and hit A immediately to climb up, oblivious to the fact that he had already begun his taunt.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've lost a set to a n00b falco with my ganon and doc, he didn't SHL, l'cancel, wavedash, anything, he jsut kept fsmashing, i beat him badly with bowser, i was fooling around, but he sounded liek he was gonna cry (he was young, 7, 8, looked younger though) and then i went to doc and lost, then went to ganon and lost, my ganon does well against falco's too, then i won the next 2 sets against other people, but didn't make the finals in this small tournament, next time i fought him, i 4 stocked him 6 times in a row

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
i was playing this noob falcon then he some how combos me to death and starts getting all exited i just calle him a gay and remached him and 4 stcked him

Majora731

Smash Apprentice
I suicided all my lives and my opponent never really did anything. I was cussing and laughing.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
I missed every single spike with Marth on Dream Land 64. Causing myself to have 7 suicides. I still one but man it sucked. As well I accidently left my game running while playinga level 1 fox t practice my chainthrowing. I came back and i had los tto a level 1 fox D:, though it wasn't really losing, I shut my game off and played some Resident Evil 4.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
At the beginning of December I was playing a 1 vs. 1 item battle with a friend (he won't play without items ¬_¬) and was killed by a Mr. Saturn.

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie
This isn't really me being humiliated but rather me doing it to my bro. I play as Marth and he plays as Peach. He's really good and beats me about 75% of the time. We were playing a timed match and it came down to both of us being at one life and the timer counting down from 8. He had about 110% and I had like 20%. So him thinking he was being smart floats out near the side of the map way off the edge so I couldn't get that last kill in and beat him. I did my double jump out there towards him and then did my up-B which knocked him sideways and killed him (obviously if the round went on I would have died from this suicidal move). Anyway he was stunned that I actually won and simply lowered his head and said "wow..... you owned me."

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I was playing Random at my first tournament, and I wasn't a match for him or anything. But it was a Falcon ditto, and a guy behind us joked 'C'mon guys! This is a FALCON ditto and you guys aren't even using his Falcon Punch! It's his TRADEMARK MOVE!'
So right after he said that I'm on the left side of FD and I somehow air-dodged up, right into a Falcon Punch.
I was a little red in the face afterward. =P

Also at that same tourney, in the same pool matches even, I was de-virginised by Viperboy's Falco. >_< I've hated Falcos ever since.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Any loss where the number of self destructs is greater than or equal to the number of remaining enemy stocks. That hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom