• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Your most hated stage on 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deluxe0111

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0387-8789-6929
Mushroomy Kingdom - Why they thought this was a good idea to bring back is beyond me, the colour palette is also awful - If they should have at least gone down the traditional route
3D Land - Same with Mushroomy Kingdom but at least it looks good!
Wily Castle - The yellow thing drives me mad

BBC7

Smash Ace
Wily Castle - The yellow thing drives me mad
The Yellow Devil? Try playing Mega Man 1, he's 50 times worse in that game. You can also try playing Mega Man X5, where you fight Shadow Devil who is 500 times worse than the Yellow Devil from Mega Man 1.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
i really love how chill mushroomy kingdoms music is so it makes me really like omega form stages so i can listen to it. but the stage i dislike the most. probably boxing ring its just so bloody big. and not the fun type of big like hyrule temple.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm probably in the minority here in that I don't like Magicant regardless of the existence of the Flying Men. Dunno why exactly - I think it's just too bright for my liking (I prefer darker colours).

My least favourite stages are Living Room and Mushroomy Kingdom.
Living Room's falling blocks are annoying.
Mushroomy Kingdom is just too bland, and the fact it scrolls doesn't help.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually like Mushroomy Kingdom. :V

My least favourite is probably Living Room.

The blocks aren't what bug me, it's just way too big for a walk off stage. Battles take forever.

Not a fan of Jungle Japes, Pac-Land and Balloon Fight either, but that's more in single player modes that they bug me. They are still fun when playing for fun with friends, though.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
It's close when it comes to my top one between Baloon Fight and Paper Mario, but I think Paper Mario may just beat it out in my book. The only area I like is the ship and the Bowser area just isn't a nice place to be fighting in general. I'm not a fan of Dream Land either for some reason (despite the fact I don't mind Flat Zone 2). (Dis)Honorable mention goes to Reset Bomb Forest. Love the first area and the music that plays there, but once it shifts to the second area I just don't like the platform layout being so jagged and broken up Really hard to navigate depending on what's happening in the fight.

Ryik

Smash Cadet
Balloon Fight. It has hazards, annoying fish that can kill you and no wall under the ground, making it so that you can be stuck underneath the platforms even if you escape the fish. A grab anywhere near either end is instant death, and the looping stage combined with the hole in the center make it as if the actual center of the stage is the death zones at the ends of the screen. Bonus points for not looping for some things like Jigglypuff's Rollout.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Golden Plains. Music is eh, stage looks eh, gimmick is kind or boring, stage's layout is boring, Omega version is boring. No reason to play there.

Mushroomy Kingdom is a close second.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Living Room. Bad stage, bad music, and the only redeeming factor is I like most of the dog breeds that show up.
Wario Ware. Please no. Not even once.
Flat Zone 2. Just as bad as it was in Brawl. Please, at least Flat Zone 1 wasn't hazard-riddled.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
3D Land and all the other scrolling stages- UGHGhGhGhGhUgh scrolling just kills me. I can't platform and fight at the same time!

Fighting Arena- bland music, bland stage, overall MEH

Game and Watch- literally unplayable without Omega Form. Literally.

JKarmageddon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4828-4911-5045
Paper Mario's 3rd stage is so offensively bad. I remember my eyebrows flying up the first time it appeared.

Balloon Fight got blocked after it came up on random once.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
The stage selection in smash 3DS is horrendous overall. So hard to choose. I can only have fun at like 6 or the thirty something stages in the game and the omega versions really don't make things better. What's frustrating is that so many would be good to fight on if they didn't have one element that's ****ing obnoxious.

If I had to choose I'd give the worst stage of the game award to Mushroomy Kingdom because not only can you night fight there, it's ****ing boring to look at. Flatzone 2, Balloon Fight, Paper Mario, are up there too.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
I hate warioware both versions with a passion, the pikmin forest one, and pictochat.

dcozain

Smash Rookie
Magicant , Gaur Plains, Tomodachi Life and Rainbow Road, at least in Classic and All-star mode.
The AI just doesn't fight in this stages, i hate the Flying Man, Gaur Plains is to big, and the enemy just runs, same in Tomodachi Life.
In Rainbow Road i always feel like im going fall if i don't pay attention.

Facading

Smash Apprentice
I dont know who's idea it was to bring back the worst stages from Brawl, but other than tortimer island and Tomodachi life and I'm not liking much of the other stages in this game. Almost every stage has some sort of annoying hazard or gimmick that prevents a normal fight from going down. Wily castle, Find Mii, Gerudo Valley(even though almost a rip from Bridge of Eldin), and The Living Room are all stages that couldve been really good had the stage hazards not been such an issue.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I expected to see a lot of people hate Mushroomy Kingdom. I wasn't disappointed :p
Anyway, the stages I hate the most are:
Mushroomy Kingdom. Auto scroller, boring and looks like it had the color drained out of it. Also difficult to play on.
Reset Bomb Forest. The first part is alright, but after that it's just...awful.
Paper Mario. The Bowser stage is just ridiculous.
Mute City mostly because it's an eyesore. Why not go with the Melee or Brawl versions...? They were both way superior imo.
Gaur Plain is just...why?
And I don't really dislike the stage, but I hate Green Hill Zone's default music. I don't know why (maybe I've just heard it too much), but it drives me insane and I almost always quit if it has the Green Hill Zone music.

Moonyay

Smash Rookie
Balloon Fight, with fishes, spinners and walking between sides with a small blast zones is pretty confusing for me.
And Magicant because Flying Men

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
magicant has the awful flying men, but the rest of the stage is such genius i look past them (when i'm playing with friends i avoid the flying men as a courtesy unless somebody else is feeling ****** and grabs one first).

mushroomy kingdom is just bad. it's scrolling, which is bad but would be overlook-able (i enjoy pupupu land and 3d world) except it's not visual interesting, the music is bland, and there are already enough blocks everywhere without the hidden blocks screwing up your KOs.

i like paper mario because it's visually nice, but i don't like having a wall AND a pipe (why not just one or the other?) and the wind is way too strong. the bowser section is... kind awful for fighting. the moving platforms move so far it screws over many recoveries and the central spinning head is already a death trap for stage-spikes without it snapping closed and spinning (not even with grabbable ledges). i really ought to hate this stage, but i usually just lol.

the yellow devil single-handedly ruins the wily castle stage. you forget about all the cool little platforms doing fun things because there's this massive blob covering half the stage shooting disruptive projectiles across to the other side. worst part is the 10 seconds he takes to teleport, essentially preventing 95% of the stage from fighting (you either shield the whole thing or stand in the tiny slip of ground on the other side of him. mess.

balloon fight i don't even consider a stage. if i go online to the enjoy room and this stage comes up while i'm waiting for the other players to navigate to the practice room, i don't even care that i'm just in the room for fun and not competition -- i drop the match.

never liked green hill -- still don't.

the mario one with the coins. idk, it's not the WOST stage but i have never enjoyed a match on this stage. it's just boring and the gimmick annoying.

Last edited:

Redying

Smash Rookie
NNID
redying
It'd probably be easier to list all the stages I like rather than pinpoint my absolute least favorite, honestly.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Mushroomy Kingdom. Never liked it in Brawl and don't like it now. Who's idea was it to make a SMB stage into a freaking desert?!
Tomodachi Life mainly because I can never get kills on it.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Magicant.. Although it is nice to see a new earthbound stage.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
Mushroomy Kingdom and Find Mii.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
  • Mushroomy Kingdom - Who in the development team thought it was a good idea to bring this stage back? It's cramped as hell, it's too easy to KO at ridiculously low percentages, plus the godforsaken scrolling... just, why is this still here?
  • Unova League - This stage has effed me over a quite a lot. From my experience, Zekrom's Fusion Bolt kills at around 40-60% when you're in the air. The stairs protruding from N's Castle have ended up killing me as well (which was the end of me in All-Star mode, possibly on a botched attempt on Hard mode). I would like this stage if it wasn't for the stairs appearing and the Pokémon BW mascots being stage hazards.
  • Jungle Japes - No. Just... no. Why add in this stage once again? The water is awful, the Klaptrap is awful... the development team would've been better off adding a different stage instead of this monstrosity.

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
Magicant: Fun stage, but those Flying Men... Blah.
Balloon Fight: Way to small. Should've been in the Wii U version, so it can be bigger and better.
Wily's Castle: Hate that stupid Yellow Devil.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Wily's Castle could've been a fine stage but the yellow devil just ruins it so much. It is too disruptive of a stage hazard for my liking.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I hate Arena Ferox the most. It was the only new stage I expected to not suck because it was called arena. Wanted it to be something like battlefield, and not that Pokémon Arena 2.5 FE style with collapsable elements in random positions BS. A huge disappointment for me.
All the other stages that move / transform a lot or have stupid hazards I dislike as well, but at least I knew I would not need to get hyped for a map called Ballon Fight.

Spirst

The Paper Mario stage is trash. The second transformation is a generic boat level and was already done back in Brawl while the last transformation is laughable in how awkward it is.

Magnicant is funny when I'm the one who set the Flying Man off. Otherwise, nah.

And yes, Balloon Fight is terrible. I had such an annoying time versing Metal Wii Fit Trainer in there during classic mode on 9.0.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Spirit Tracks, Balloon Fight and Wily's Castle are all terrible. Spirit Tracks is Big Blue but without the fun and chaos, Ballon Fight is the second coming of Mario Bros, and the Yellow Devil completely ruins Wily's Castle.

Brinstar and Jungle Japes are also as horrible as they've always been, it boggles my mind why they would ever make it past Melee, at least I won't have to play them once the Wii U version is out.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I avoid any level with small blast zones like the plague.

Had way too many bad experiences with 0% deaths in 9.0 Classic on them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The 3DS has a lot of annoying stages, luckly Omega Form is a solution sometimes.
Spirit Train: It feels badly desigined, its a train so I get the irregular platforming but when it moves to the right side it allows so many cheap KOs near blast line; this stage is like the little annoying brother of Big Blue.
Paper Mario: Bowser's Sky Castle area is a pain in the a** because that rotating Bowser head.

Balloon Fight: Irregular Blast Lines, Flippers and the Fish hazard
Magicant: Flying Men nuff said.
Omega Wario Ware: The Camera is too far
Tortimer Island: It feels too long, giving disavantage to horizontal killers.
Willy Castle: The Yellow Devil is cool but it becomes a mayor annoyance after some time, especially because it respawns fast.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
How do you hate Magicant? It has the homey.

Flying Man should have been a character tbh lol.

My most hated stage is Mute City. I got ping ponged by the platforms and getting hit on the racing ground is really annoying.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Mushroomy Kingdom for obvious reasons.
Warioware due to the horrible camera always staying zoomed out.
Balloon fight the normal stage is awful with how it plays and in omega mode all the water below that really should not be there blocking your visibility is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom