• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Most Frustrating Times In Smash

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
the title was likely self-explanatory: what have been some of your most aggravating, frustrating, and infuriating moments while playing smash? mine personally: attempting anything on very hard in melee...
share your experiences, fellow smashers!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Unlocking Mewtwo.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Trying to ledge tech and dying 50 times in a row.
(still can't ledge tech :mad:)
Honorable mentions include Master hand and crazy hand in Melee, and Trying to do multi man melees on very hard.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Tripping in brawl. Opponents being able to air dodge out of hitstun and I can't do the same combos in brawl like I can in melee. in brawl I end up getting punished because no hitstun, and with my aggro playstyle it just does not help. Brawl's online.

Melee: Not being able to wavedash perfectly, yet i'm able to do everything else. Kirby is garbage tier.

64: No complaints.

Mewtwo was easy to unlock, I just left my ol' gamecube on. I want more unlockables like that one sakurai.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dealing with generic noobs getting lucky in lag, or the egos of some players (most of em are top tiers), the wifi and imbalance of Brawl itself. Combining all that makes it frustrating for generally anyone, especially those who don't just quit to a top tier. Thankfully the new Smash will have better balance, but I worry bout what kind of exploits will be there.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dealing with generic noobs getting lucky in lag, or the egos of some players (most of em are top tiers), the wifi and imbalance of Brawl itself. Combining all that makes it frustrating for generally anyone, especially those who don't just quit to a top tier. Thankfully the new Smash will have better balance, but I worry bout what kind of exploits will be there.
I'd say you can rest easy Admiral, Sakurai has brought up patches multiple times.

Anyways, most of SSB's in-game stuff has been fairly easy for me. (Even those overhyped Melee matches.) I guess my most frustrating time was trying to actually get online in Brawl. My internet simply wouldn't let me play it. Most people would say it wasn't anything to be upset over lol.

D

Deleted member

The Earthbound section in Melee's Adventure mode and Brawl's All-Star mode.

...AUGH.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Playing SSE and finding out I have to replay all of the levels...

The padding was unbearable.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Online sudden death ledge camp fests...

I once was doing sudden death online with this really good meta knight and as pit I knew I was gonna lose.

So I ledge camped for 32 mins and a bomb finally killed the meta knight.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Melee had plenty of event matches that really drove me up a wall back in the day.

I also hated the 15 Minute Melee or whatever-it-was-called. Everybody said you could just sit there with Donkey Kong's Down-B the whole match and you'd be set, but that wasn't true. It took me forever to beat that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tripping in tourney matches when i was trying to quck grab the ledge... and it would have been a kill if i didn't trip.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Getting the goddamned Diskun trophy in Melee. Anyone who has that trophy knows what I'm talking about. Finally seeing the "You have all the trophies!" message made it all worth it though.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Brawl boss battles on intense (I'm looking at you Porky).

Also, Playing 15 minute man melee/brawl (or any other multiman modes for that matter), making it all the way to the end and having a bomb spawn right on top of me.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Getting the Meta Ridley trophy in Brawl was a nightmare for me, how many times did I had to replay that level only for Meta Ridley to kill himself by attacking a bob omb while you are waiting for a trophy stand to appear or to see his trophy falling out of the stage 'n'

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
When my friend keeps spamming Pit's side-B, I am extremely aggravated. I am glad that they are removing this with the release of Smash 4.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tabuu and those red rings of death (mind you this was a time when I didn't know how to air dodge. So my best strategy was to hope for the best)...

And if fan-games count, trying to 4-stock level 9 CPU's is SSF2. As I always lose at least one stock.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Getting the Meta Ridley trophy in Brawl was a nightmare for me, how many times did I had to replay that level only for Meta Ridley to kill himself by attacking a bob omb while you are waiting for a trophy stand to appear or to see his trophy falling out of the stage 'n'
This! XD

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Event 51 back when Melee came out. But determination is what lead to victory!

And all these years later, using the Master Hand glitch on that event was so, so satisfying. :troll:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
My most frustrating moment? When my friend told me that Mewtwo was an unlockable playable character in Brawl as he was in Melee. So, instead of looking online to see if what she said was true, I played through Intense All-Star mode. I died plenty of times, my hands hurt, but what did I get as a reward? I got Mewtwo alright...as a trophy.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
When my friend keeps spamming Pit's side-B, I am extremely aggravated. I am glad that they are removing this with the release of Smash 4.
Just walk away if you read pits hiyayayayyay.
Or time a spot dodge
Or roll away

Or jump over the hiyayayayyay
Or punch your friend in the face.

Then punch the ending lag of angel ring.

In competitive pit play ar is not used often... It is one of pits landing options.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Melee had plenty of event matches that really drove me up a wall back in the day.

I also hated the 15 Minute Melee or whatever-it-was-called. Everybody said you could just sit there with Donkey Kong's Down-B the whole match and you'd be set, but that wasn't true. It took me forever to beat that.
My then six-years-old sister did it twice. (She botched the Falco fight lol)

Getting the goddamned Diskun trophy in Melee. Anyone who has that trophy knows what I'm talking about. Finally seeing the "You have all the trophies!" message made it all worth it though.
I somehow managed to get it by accident.

1.Pick a character with a grapple. 2.Grab Pit through angel ring. 3.Never have to deal with AR again.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
One of my most frustrating times? When I was playing Brawl with a friend and they lost a stock, I would try to show off on the ledge, but then I get KO'd. Lol!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
- Tripping.
- SSE's padding.
- Brawl's craptacular online.
- Brawl's online error-ing when you finally found an opponent.
- Going into a room in Brawl and seeing the other 3 characters just spam up / down and taunts after waiting for 10 mins to find people.

Poor Brawl, lol. Needless to say, I hope there are improvements for SSB4 with online experiences.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Most frustrating moments with Smash?
- My SSE save file being deleted.
- Learning that SSB4 won't have DLC
- SDing with Marth's Final Smash
- SEEING ASSHOLES INSULT BRAWL ON A 'YOUR MOST FRUSTRATING TIMES' TOPIC.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Most frustrating moments with Smash?
- My SSE save file being deleted.
I had a similar experience a few years ago. Because they weren't manufactured all that well (I did take care of them the best I could mind you), I'd gone through like 2 wiis. For some reason though, when my first wii broke, my SSBB data somehow wasn't deleted even when I got a new one. When that one broke, I lost everything. 500+ hours of playing brawl, gone. I had to start over completely.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Not having anyone to play online in Brawl so doing basic Brawl, Tripping. Laggy online connections in Brawl.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Power Shielding Level 9 CPUs in Melee. It was practically impossible to hit them with any projectile.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Getting hit with wolf's forward smash at a high percent. Tripping in brawl, Getting chained grabbed by king d3 in a corner. Campy slow paced matches.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Event match 49 - 51 in melee. I only had the patience to be 'cheap' and spend like a couple hours beating 6 level 9 AIs with two stock in under 4 minutes on bull**** stages with items on by rest spamming Jigglypuff. :/ the challenge would be very welcome actually if something as important as unlocking FD wasnt at stake.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Event 51 in melee.

That would be mine but I remembered jigglypuff's rest move.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Beating boss battles with every character. (I'm still in the process)

Top Bottom