• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most annoying experience so far?

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Alright; I was playing For Glory minutes ago as Pacman, and I got a Duck Hunt Dog on the 3D Land stage. These usually go really smoothly, so I did not worry at first. Oh was I wrong.

It started to lag as soon as the numbers appreared on the screen. This was not good. It wasn't your normal lag either. It was advanced lag. I mean it. When I say advanced, I'm talking about smashball-on-the-screen/2FPS/opponent probably living in a research base in Antarctica bad.

I never abandonned a match in For Glory, so I kept playing. This was by far the most horrible match I ever had; I could not get the Fruits I wanted, and it was near impossible to Bair the Hydrant to send it flying. This means I could not zone him out.

To top it off, it was a campy DHD. He never approached in the entire match, and I'm not sure if he pressed the A button more than 3 or 4 times. The typical For Glory DHD.

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but he commited suicide at 12% (it probably took a good minute, at least, to get him to that percentage).

I thought he was giving up because of the lag, but that would have been too easy: he came back and started spamming again.

I told myself I couldn't lose to that, and I couldn't leave, so I kept playing. He was at a pretty high percent when I lost my first stock, but he managed to catch on. When he was at kill percent, I couldn't manage to Key him, let alone do a smash attack. I lost that match by failing to recover (Trampoline under the stage).

I'm mad at myself and kind of ashammed for that, because I really tried, and what he was doing should not work in the first place, especially against a Pacman. So yeah, this was probably the longest, stupidest match of my life. What is yours?

WaterDemonBaku

Smash Cadet
Was playing For Glory with this person named GUS number-something, I was Kirby up against a Ness. It seemed okay, there wasn't any lag, I was doing pretty good. I somehow hit him with an UpB and he gets sent flying. I go for a Nair but I miss it by a bit. He hits me with an Uair and I go up a bit.

He hits me with PK thunder, it lands, no big deal, then he does it again.

...and again...

...and again...

And I fly off the screen after he continues it for about 5 times.

Now I'm mad, mainly because I fell for the dumbest trick in the book and my own stupidity to not dodge.

Well, now I'm back in the game, doing pretty good but he knocks me far again. This time I'm not exactly above him, more over to the right. If I go into stone but NOT hit the PK thunder, He's open for a grab and I could probably end the match there. I do just that and it works, this one trick pony met his match.

...and then... he does PK Thunder again, but it doesn't hit him, just me. When I'm flying back a bit, he does it again,

and again,

AND AGAIN,

AND A-FREAKING-GAIN.

I am now dead, victory screen, and after about two more matches of THE EXACT SAME THING, I leave the room and try to find another match. This time it's with someone from Japan. Seems okay. I stick around and again, it's Kirby VS Ness. I'm thinking that this might be okay since this person probably thinks that PK Thunder should only be used for recovery, from the way it looks. There's not much lag, which is pretty good, but

NO, BAKU DOESN'T GET A TIME TO SHINE BECAUSE IT'S THE EXACT SAME ACT OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE NEXT 3 MATCHES

I then leave For Glory and wail at a Ness level 1 CPU with 2 other CPU's on the same team with items on a 99 stock battle...

VentusNeos

Smash Cadet
NNID
VentusNeos
3DS FC
0087-2490-5498
Was playing For Glory with this person named GUS number-something, I was Kirby up against a Ness. It seemed okay, there wasn't any lag, I was doing pretty good. I somehow hit him with an UpB and he gets sent flying. I go for a Nair but I miss it by a bit. He hits me with an Uair and I go up a bit.

...and again...

...and again...

Now I'm mad, mainly because I fell for the dumbest trick in the book and my own stupidity to not dodge.

Well, now I'm back in the game, doing pretty good but he knocks me far again. This time I'm not exactly above him, more over to the right. If I go into stone but NOT hit the PK thunder, He's open for a grab and I could probably end the match there. I do just that and it works, this one trick pony met his match.

...and then... he does PK Thunder again, but it doesn't hit him, just me. When I'm flying back a bit, he does it again,

and again,

AND AGAIN,

AND A-FREAKING-GAIN.

I am now dead, victory screen, and after about two more matches of THE EXACT SAME THING, I leave the room and try to find another match. This time it's with someone from Japan. Seems okay. I stick around and again, it's Kirby VS Ness. I'm thinking that this might be okay since this person probably thinks that PK Thunder should only be used for recovery, from the way it looks. There's not much lag, which is pretty good, but

NO, BAKU DOESN'T GET A TIME TO SHINE BECAUSE IT'S THE EXACT SAME ACT OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE NEXT 3 MATCHES

I then leave For Glory and wail at a Ness level 1 CPU with 2 other CPU's on the same team with items on a 99 stock battle...
Let's be real. PK thunder juggles are really good to rack up percent. Cheap and annoying yes, but still is good against floaty characters. As a Ness main, I try not to fall with the trope, so I taught myself not to do that. I'm so sorry about your Ness experiance :(

As for me, met a really disrespectful man online. Not like awesome Ganon disrespect, but like I fought a guy who had a good Link camping game, and you could see he knew what he was doing, but he was super disrespectful about it. Running away constantly, which made it an easy punish. Taunted when he got a Fsmash, but my DI was on point and I lived. Taunted again when I Pk thundered to a wall, just for me to do it again and recover to the ledge. Killed him once and I was at like, 180%. The man quit the game, not even SD, but a communication error. It infuriates me. Especially when people ragequit because I'm at a low percent and have taken a stock. If you have the skill, make the comeback, don't just give up. Even if you don't have the skill, try to make the comeback, and I'll respect it.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice

...and again...

...and again...

and again,

AND AGAIN,

AND A-FREAKING-GAIN.

I feel your pain... That happenes to me a lot.

Gold Zero

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrezDlog
3DS FC
4441-8406-8476
Had my first experience of Sonic the Stallhog a couple of days ago. The rage I felt was indescribable.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
This isn't my experience, but it's my brothers.
My brother was playing a Yoshi as Jigglypuff, and they were both on their last stock. The Yoshi knocked him off stage, and he managed to land a rest as he came back. The Yoshi flew up and began the flying away animation. Easy win right? Wrong. Since he rested off stage, he fell down and died before the flying away animation for Yoshi had ended.
He was so extremely salty.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
People who play one match in for glory and leave immediately after,regardless if they win or lose,close game or not.

BlueShadow.EXE

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueShadow.EXE
3DS FC
2036-9070-3056
Easily for me, it was me versus a Marth, I was Lucina BTW. So I thought it would be a pretty fair match. NOPE! Not sure how he did it but. He never moved once, but he managed to perfectly counter each and every attack I used. I never touched him, and it seemed like he wasn't even playing, it was really weird... Has anyone else ever fought someone like this? I'm kinda curious.

BlueShadow.EXE

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueShadow.EXE
3DS FC
2036-9070-3056
The 3DS' controls. If only they made a way to connect a GameCube controller to the 3DS.
Eh, it's not that bad. I've gotten used to it by now. Although there have been many times where I died because I Faired instead of Recovering. *mumble circle-pad mumble*

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Spam doesn't even bothet me as much anymore. Wanna know what does?

Specifically spammers that RUN AWAY LIKE A ***** WHEN YOU APPROACH.

Done.

aquaticpineapples

Smash Apprentice
Playing against a noob Bowser on FG as Mario, I got him on his last stock at about 130%, while I was at just 20% with both my stocks. I get a down smash on him but he doesnt get KOed, so I was just like, "Yolo, right?" and jumped way far offstage to try and land a F-air, but I failed and killed myself.

Afterwards, I figured I could probably just land another smash against this guy and kept dash U-smashing him, but I was missing and got punished to about 30%. Then suddenly, he jumps up for a Bowser Bomb, and out of my instinct I hold up my shield, only to have it broken and leave me dazed at the very edge. He taunts me and then fully charges his sweetspotted, rage-powered F-smash and BOOM, I'm dead.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
People who play projectile characters like they can only use their projectiles and Dash Attack while rolling to get away from the opponent when they approach. There's using projectiles to control space and zone people out and then there's just throwing out hitboxes "hoping" they'll magically hit and try over and over again.

I've seen this SO many times on the Links, Zamus, Pits, and Mega Men I faced since my friends play them often (and always the same way). The worst part about this is that my 3DS has a shield button (R) that either works all the time or half of the time so I never have a consistent option to power-shield and instead have to rely on SH's which they can exploit unless I DJ and put myself in an even more disadvantageous position.

Flubz

Smash Rookie
As a Falcon main, one thing that happens to me is I'll be on the ledge, and I'll do a scrubby getup attack and then buffer a Falcon Kick to try and get back to center stage (hey, sometimes the scrubby stuff works : P) but then I'll get hit offstage, and I SD in flames

Strife Maximilian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Demnex
3DS FC
1349-4774-8739
I'm not sure if this counts as an annoying experience, but fairly recently I fought as Charizard against an Ike user, who was really good and pretty legitimate skill-wise. He was winning most of the matches.
See, that's not what was annoying. The annoying part was that I noticed after my third loss, he kept alternating his name to "U R MY" and "****"... Seriously now? Why would you even...? >__>

Thankfully this story has a happy ending. I wasn't gonna stand for that, so in the next match I two stocked the jerk without losing a stock myself. The best part is he left the lobby immediately afterward. XD

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
How everyone plays so good like they're in a Melee/ProjectM tournament in for glory. I mean, aren't they going to break their freak'n 3ds? or do they have a gamecube controller attachment? I have no Idea, but it is So freak'n annoying! And I better not forget the LAGS

Last edited:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I came across a Yoshi today on 3ds and I never run into Yoshi players so I thought 'hey a Yoshi! This should be an interesting match!'
It wasn't.
It became a match where he would jump, down b, if it hit me get a fair, if miss repeat.
Since I never find Yoshi players I didn't know the hit box on the down b very well so he hit it a lot more than he should have. The game devolved into him using down b, i shield and use f smash. To top it off, he left after the match.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
A little mac spammed the heck outta me in for glory with dash attack. He even comboed me with itself...

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Easily Toon Link trolling and spamming with his boomerang, arrows and bombs. On top of that, the little brat isn't too shabby up close. He's gotten the upper hand on me quite a few times but I'm learning how to outsmart the little *******.

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
I hate when people keep camping or playing defensive even if they are one stock behind... Sometimes it takes me some time to realize "Wait a moment I don't need to play his/her game, I have the advantage!!", then I proceed to play defensively as well until they realize they need to change their master plan if they want to win.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
whats flow chart supposed to mean?? haha
Basically "cookie-cutter," what most every other wannabe Ness player does. Spam PK Fire, go for a grab, down-throw, 2-3 forward airs, and when you're in kill%, shamefully whiff grabs until they get a backthrow kill, rinse and repeat.
Not saying everyone does this, but that's what "flowchart/cookiecutter" Ness players do.

D

Deleted member

So I was playing 4 player smash on for glory, and I dont know what happened but I was playing pit I ended up against 3 Pikachus and all they did was juggle me around I dont know if theres a way to make it so you and all your friends end up in the same game on glory but yeah.... They targeted me and continuously did the grab and electrocute attack and I could not hit them even once, especially since pikachu is faster then pit you are not winning a 3v1 like that lol.

Quite annoying

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing Smash Bros 3DS, You know I'm kicking a** and taking some names, then this guy was mad because I beat him on a perfect being Sonic vs his Little Mac, He didn't touched me (He really sucked so yeah I'm not a Smash God) I kill him and did a pose with Sonic (Come on!) Then the guy loose his **** and says "¡Esos no son combos!" And he freaking lunch his 3ds against me, A FREAKING 3DSXL!!! I dodge like a champ and ****ing leave as the brave hero I am, then he leave the other way because a security guy from College saw everything, I leave and then decide to not play against strangers on real life, so mock me if I beat you, block me whatever I don't care, If you beat me I'm cool with it, but that guy WAS A LUNATIC!!!! AN A-HOLE!

MrChickenNipples

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4485-0725-3171
Any time I get paired against people who are WAY better than me, so much better than me that I can't even touch them, it just makes me ask why, why is there no matchmaking?

D

Deleted member 269706

Pretty much every Sonic player I go against manages to get under my skin.

D

Deleted member

I was playing Pit once and fighting three zero suit samus and they spammed the stun gun on me and I literally could not move at all because right when the first stun was over the next was fired and Pit jus kept on standing there in pain...

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
When someone says that I only won because the game supposedly screwed them over. I'm sympathetic to a point, but after I've fought tooth and nail to win a match where I messed up towards the beginning; it seems as if they're implying that my skill has nothing to do with my victories.

Top Bottom