• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your most annoying experience so far?

Falco_Phantasm

Smash Rookie
NNID
DexNexRex
3DS FC
1006-0212-8425
Literally having two dirtbag matches in a row. One was a laggy japanese Dark Pit who dodged along the stage, the other was a kirby who taunted and ran across the stage and eventually suicided for no reason what-so-ever. Both teabaged the entire time aswell.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
I hate when the game lags and i'm unable to show my moves. I also dislike those who roll all day.

Tyclarity

Smash Rookie
I hate playing against my sister because she always pauses the game when she is about to lose -_-

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Was playing For Glory with this person named GUS number-something, I was Kirby up against a Ness. It seemed okay, there wasn't any lag, I was doing pretty good. I somehow hit him with an UpB and he gets sent flying. I go for a Nair but I miss it by a bit. He hits me with an Uair and I go up a bit.

He hits me with PK thunder, it lands, no big deal, then he does it again.

...and again...

...and again...

And I fly off the screen after he continues it for about 5 times.

Now I'm mad, mainly because I fell for the dumbest trick in the book and my own stupidity to not dodge.

Well, now I'm back in the game, doing pretty good but he knocks me far again. This time I'm not exactly above him, more over to the right. If I go into stone but NOT hit the PK thunder, He's open for a grab and I could probably end the match there. I do just that and it works, this one trick pony met his match.

...and then... he does PK Thunder again, but it doesn't hit him, just me. When I'm flying back a bit, he does it again,

and again,

AND AGAIN,

AND A-FREAKING-GAIN.

I am now dead, victory screen, and after about two more matches of THE EXACT SAME THING, I leave the room and try to find another match. This time it's with someone from Japan. Seems okay. I stick around and again, it's Kirby VS Ness. I'm thinking that this might be okay since this person probably thinks that PK Thunder should only be used for recovery, from the way it looks. There's not much lag, which is pretty good, but

NO, BAKU DOESN'T GET A TIME TO SHINE BECAUSE IT'S THE EXACT SAME ACT OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE NEXT 3 MATCHES

I then leave For Glory and wail at a Ness level 1 CPU with 2 other CPU's on the same team with items on a 99 stock battle...
Don't worry, the pros fall for that trick too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1h-nyuxL-mQ#t=36

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Facing obnoxious players on FG with characters like Mario, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Charizard that roll a lot, spam projectiles, taunt a lot when they know you're losing, and backstabbing. It gets worse when you actually lose to these players and they end up leaving after taunting you.

Oh, and with lag, that's...that's even worse.

Last edited:

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
Facing obnoxious players on FG with characters like Mario, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Charizard that roll a lot, spam projectiles, taunt a lot when they know you're losing, and backstabbing. It gets worse when you actually lose to these players and they end up leaving after taunting you.

Oh, and with lag, that's...that's even worse.
Preach it.

Sachmoo

Smash Rookie
Sonic. There is nothing more annoying than a brain dead sonic. When the FG match starts and i see you have Sonic, i immediately hate you. Even if you are an actual good sonic, i still hate you. I'm aware that makes me a prejudice idiot, i don't care.

Also, its not so much annoying as predictable. But when you beat someone twice, and they don't leave. It's a very safe bet that they are going to break out their pocket Link.

Arle Nadja

Prodigy Sorceress & Girl Power Icon
NNID
ChaoticMarin
3DS FC
1547-5230-3937
Shulk Players

The token bad player who does nothing but run away and wildly throw projectiles, making you do all the work in a match.

Playing against a decent Fox or Falco as Mega Man.

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
I met a Ness on 1 on 1 who only spamed PK Fire and down throw to f air.
I've found some pretty bad Ness's.. but this guy was the absolute worst.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE
GRAB
BACK THROW
UP TAUNT

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
This Mewtwo that kept spamming the shadow ball, everytime I reflected it, he would, and I wasn't fast enough. Also, there was this Villager who kept rolling, and I was playing as Mewtwo, and his down smash isn't really good at punishing rolls.

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
Warning Received
For Glory Doubles, Two Pac. Need I say more?
But I like Pac Man...:c

Was playing For Glory with this person named GUS number-something, I was Kirby up against a Ness. It seemed okay, there wasn't any lag, I was doing pretty good. I somehow hit him with an UpB and he gets sent flying. I go for a Nair but I miss it by a bit. He hits me with an Uair and I go up a bit.

He hits me with PK thunder, it lands, no big deal, then he does it again.

...and again...

...and again...

And I fly off the screen after he continues it for about 5 times.

Now I'm mad, mainly because I fell for the dumbest trick in the book and my own stupidity to not dodge.

Well, now I'm back in the game, doing pretty good but he knocks me far again. This time I'm not exactly above him, more over to the right. If I go into stone but NOT hit the PK thunder, He's open for a grab and I could probably end the match there. I do just that and it works, this one trick pony met his match.

...and then... he does PK Thunder again, but it doesn't hit him, just me. When I'm flying back a bit, he does it again,

and again,

AND AGAIN,

AND A-FREAKING-GAIN.

BAKU DOESN'T GET A TIME TO SHINE BECAUSE IT'S THE EXACT SAME ACT OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE NEXT 3 MATCHES

I then leave For Glory and wail at a Ness level 1 CPU with 2 other CPU's on the same team with items on a 99 stock battle...

I hate PK Fire so much,but it's not that bad if you have a character than can reflect. BUT I ****ING HATE PSI MAGNET, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE MEWTWO.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
:4ness: VS Literally anybody I play (:4littlemac::4villager::4link::4diddy::4falcon:)
PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE D-Throw F-air to death
And it's always the laggiest matches where this happens, so all my inputs delay and it makes it hell to fight. I hate it.

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
Not so much annoying but funny, when you fight on FG and the player is just mashing as many buttons as possible to just go as fast as possible without spacing anything. Like unnecessary movement.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
I just had a horrible experience. I came across a Meta Knight player and the match was laggy enough to a point where it was almost going frame by frame. It was only when I hit him too, and it was horrible. I won though, so theres that.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I've played a few matches where people used characters with good recoveries (Jigglypuff/Kirby/Villager) and just ran away from me the whole match, only attempting to attack when I get close. Now, they weren't a "challenge" in the sense that they were hard to beat, but it was frustrating trying to actually kill them.

Top Bottom