• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Hypest/Best Smash Moment Ever!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Smash has always been a series that sparks up much more emotion than other fighting games because of the connection that the players have to the different Nintendo franchises, the concept of Smash alone can make a hardcore Nintendo fan shed a few tears, but I'd like to know and I'd like to share what you consider your best Smash moment (Or best three, that can also count!) I'll share two, one gameplay-related and one content-related.

I remember that I was playing with three other friends on a 2v2 match on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and we were down one stock, my teammate was Ike and I was Marth, and the other team was Mario and Mr. Game & Watch, the one using Mr.G&W suddenly landed between us and he was about to D-Smash us to our deaths, and we didn't even think about it, we used counter at the same time and I don't really know what happened, but he was stunned and electrified on the air for a split-second and then he WENT FLYING HORIZONTALLY AND DIED. We couldn't contain our excitement, and we also won the match after all, to top it off!

Also, as if the first Super Smash Bros. Brawl trailer wasn't hype enough...I remember when Wario farted and the field exploded, showing the SSBB logo and the Smash jingle. And then the little calling sound effect from Metal Gear Solid, I was screaming like a little fangirl and then Snake went all 'Knowing your enemy's the best path to victory!' and 'SHOWTIME!' ...then COMING SOON.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Best? I was Mario (FFA Match) and it went down like this: I Meteor Smashed P3, then Footstooled on P2 (And killed him by doing so) and another meteor smash on P4, did up special and recovered to the stage. Best match ever.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Fighting a guy as wolf (he used ROB). Both of us at 1 stock, but I had about 90% more damage on me. I grabbed, pummeled, and forward throwed him off the stage. I then jumped off myself, and used wolfs neutral air when he was trying to recover. I ended up pulling us both down, but somehow the game said I won. Was hyper hype since we both though he would win.

Second would be the E3 direct, The mega man reveal had me squeeling, and made it hard for me to focus on the biology regents I had an hour later. :awesome:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dedede's reveal on the Brawl Dojo. After the E3 2006 trailer I began trying out some franchises I hadn't played from the Smash series, and Meta Knight's reveal made me go directly to Kirby. I became a huge fan of the franchise, and Dedede became one out of two characters I wanted for the game (the other one being Ridley of course.) I was about to leave for school, but figured I could just check the Dojo before I headed off, and there the fat jolly Penguin was beneath the incredibly hype "New Challenger Approaching" banner. The only reveal that can possibly feel more satisfying than that one is Ridley, I don't think anyone else will be able to match Dedede's reveal for me.

There are way too many great in-game moments, but I've managed some incredibly fun things with Ike, ranging just from cool combos to dragging people down with me with Aether. Me and my brother can also have some really intense fights in Project M with Meta Knight and Sheik, it's almost breathtaking how exciting it can get with two characters as fast as them. We've also had rival Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf matches since Melee, and those can also get really close and have made for some hilarious moments too.

Oh yeah, and I guess the Giga Bowser event in Melee warrants a mention too. Kneeing myself to justice with Falcon never felt as satisfying.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Wario's reveal on the Brawl Dojo. After the E3 2006 trailer I began trying out some franchises I hadn't played from the Smash series, and Wario's reveal made me go directly to WarioWare. I became a huge fan of the franchise, and Wario became one out of two characters I wanted for the game (the other one being Ridley of course.) I was about to leave for school, but figured I could just check the Dojo before I headed off, and there the fat man was beneath the incredibly hype "New Challenger Approaching" banner.

There are way too many great in-game moments, but I've managed some incredibly fun things with Ike, ranging just from cool combos to dragging people down with me with Aether. Me and my brother can also have some really intense fights in Project M with Meta Knight and Sheik, it's almost breathtaking how exciting it can get with those characters as fast as them. We've also had rival Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf matches since Melee, and those can also get really close and have made for some hilarious moments too.
Fixed.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was playing Brawl's Classic mode on Hard, with 5 lives, using Bowser.

I completed it so that Crazy hand appeared as well. I had managed to keep my 5 lives till that match, but I lost them rather quickly.

But I somehow survived to 482% and defeated both the hands, without using a continue. That's one classic mode I'll never forget.

-----

As for content related one, this is the first Smash that I've been actively following, so Toon Link's reveal takes the cake. I've been quite vocal about no cuts since I've joined the forum, and a lot of users were absolutely sure that Toon Link was a goner, which had honestly made me worried about his fate. Seeing him on that daily pic was a huge sigh of relief. I let out a squeal of joy, to the suprise of my friends sitting beside me.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
In-game has to be in Melee when I Falcon Punched Giga Bowser offscreen and won the last event. It took so long to finish it and it couldn't have ended any better IMO.

This is the first time I ever really followed a Smash game in development. The most hype moment for me was watching the Nintendo Direct SSB4 trailer since it was on my birthday. That's like the best present I can get.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Taking a stock off of Forward's fox.

Last edited:

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Watching the E3 Smash 4 trailer, of course. In-game? Hmm....probably the time where I fought against fellow Smashers at an after-school event, as my main man Kirby. He were clearly playing non-tourney rules, but I was just happy they were people at school as hyped about Smash as I was.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In terms of AI fighting, 4-stocking level 8s and 9s on lightning Melee is less exciting than you'd think and in terms of real opponents, their complaints about Kirby being too good really take away from the satisfaction of a good swallowcide cancel.
I don't really remember any hype moments but I'm totally down for making some with the new game.

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
The First time I beat classic mode on intense

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The first time I unlocked Ness on the original.

Then there was a time where I was playing free for alls on Melee. It came down to a buddy of mine with Kirby and myself as Game and Watch. We were pretty even, then that fool just HAD to say something to the effect of "it's because you're black, isn't it?" I raged (not seriously) and beat the s*** out of his Kirby, to the amusement of everyone present. One of my other buddies made a commemorative jpg of the occasion--alas, it's lost to nothingness.

I think someone had a JP copy of Brawl, and I wound up immediately taking to Lucas and winning against a rather good player... who was also Lucas. It was great stuff.

And I can't forget the Sonic reveal. I was hype for days.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll state my top 3:

1. I was at my friend's house, and we did nothing but play Melee that entire night. The best part of it was the first match, 1 stock each, Mushroom Kingdom II, he was Falco and I was Ice Climbers. The announcer screamed "GO!" and I jumped forward, and he unwittingly footstooled me and had gained a KO in less than 2 seconds. We laughed for hours.

2. Playing against a fellow Smashboards user (@Mega Bidoof) on Brawl, and choosing Rainbow Cruise. He was Wario, I was Marth. A rolling crate spawned, and I jumped onto it and used the Down-Tilt. The entire match was basically me on a rolling crate smacking Wario into oblivion.

3. (THE BEST MOMENT OF ALL) June 11th, 2013. Just got home from school in time for the Smash Bros. trailer, and summer vacation had officially begun. Unsuspecting me watched as the Blue Bomber appeared and made me freak out. I jumped and screamed, I waved around my pants, I chugged a can of grape soda, it was not only the end of middle school, but the start of my video-gaming passion; from that point on, I joined Smashboards, began interest in the history of these characters, found a hobby in game design, everything became a lot more fun. With that reveal, I showed my little brother it later, and watched him nearly poop himself. It took me at least 3 weeks to comprehend that Mega Man, my MOST WANTED NEWCOMER, was finally in. So I decided to follow the game and see what else was in store. Maybe a bit too religiously, but I don't care.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Getting Brawl at midnight from the holllywood video gamecrazy store, both of which are now one big empty building.

I was in 6th grade on spring break when Brawl came out, I had spent about 4 hours waiting for it at midnight, watching movies on my ipod, and my mom brought my brother, sister, and I all McDonalds (since it was about 100ft from where I was at). I ate that mcdonalds up, eventually got brawl, and went home. When I got home, I cracked open a monster assault drink, while my brother hooked up Brawl, and my sister watched. The first thing we did was play a multiplayer match on the Norfair stage, since it was random. My brother told us to at least use the wiimote+nunchuk to start out with. I was Fox, my sister was Zelda, and I think my brother was Link or Ike.

We had a somewhat decent first match, and at the endgame screen, my brother pauses, looks at us and says: forget this, where are the gamecube controllers at?

We all then played Brawl from midnight until 5AM when we all crashed and fell asleep...greatest night ever.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Defeating a tournament player (melee1, or at least I think he plays in tourneys) in a 3-stock match in Brawl, with him as Snake and me as Peach. Felt good about myself.

My most hyped moment was probably Mega Man's reveal, though. He was my most wanted newcomer right behind Lip at the time, and during the Brawl days he was my very most wanted newcomer. I rewatched that trailer like 20 times after E3 came to an end (and I still go back and watch it every now and then).

With Fox: D-throw, tech chase, Shffl Dair, waveshine, U-throw, Shine Bair, F-tilt, drop through platform waveland to edge, shine spike, game.

Other hype moments:

Every time I shine grab or shine bair
Darkrain combo
Ken combos
Waveland double shine grab
Ledge techs
Playing Melee in General is hype

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Sonic in Brawl. Nothing can top that.

Unlocking Mewtwo in Melee without knowing he was in it (and being a 10 years old) is a close second.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Biggest Hype for SSB4:

I was at a public library when the SSB4 trailer was released, so I had to watch it on a cruddy old computer. While it was loading, I went to IGN to see if they had a better video, and I saw the hair. I started to get hyped, but I closed the site and watched the cruddy stream instead. Then, at the end, MEGA MAN. If it wasn't a library, I would have screamed.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Playing Smash Bros 64 on my friends house. I was a huge Sony fan but when I saw Mario VS Pikachu VS Link VS DK my heart broke. I want to go on his house just to play this game and I asked everthing possible about Smash Bros. My dream was to get a N64. Just achived that in my adult life :/

Getting a Gamecube with a Melee for my birthday when I was a kid. My first match was Bowser (me) versus Fox (my brother) on Onett.

Little Mac reveal was big for me too.

Man...I just want to play Smash 4.

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
As someone who still remembers picking up his teal Game Boy Colour and Pokemon Blue about 15 years ago, being the only game I still have to this day (how does that thing still work...) my signature should speak for itself

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Me and three friends doing free for all on Summit, I accidentally bring out the fish, I dodge the fish and my friend (playing as jigglypuff) ends up doing a rollout from across the stage right into the fish's mouth as it falls. We had to pause and laugh for like 5 minutes.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I JV-5 stocked 5 random lvl 9 CPUs in a row in P:M. I felt like I was flowing and brimming with energy afterwards.
With other people, though, I did a hype combo with Doc in Melee and transitioned directly into another one on the other player in the FFA match and K.O.'d them both.
Other than that, on wifi I 360 Warlock Punched three people at the same time while riding the gale boomerang.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
With Fox: D-throw, tech chase, Shffl Dair, waveshine, U-throw, Shine Bair, F-tilt, drop through platform waveland to edge, shine spike, game.

Other hype moments:

Every time I shine grab or shine bair
Darkrain combo
Ken combos
Waveland double shine grab
Ledge techs
Playing Melee in General is hype
Brah the vast majority here probably don't know what half that stuff is just stop. xD

But yes Melee is extremely hype.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
My favorite moment and match was when a friend and i were having a fight on final destination. He was Snake while i was Olimar. We were both down to our last stock, both quite high percentage. I noticed Snake pulled out a grenade and i ran up and grabbed him. Noticing he dropped the grenade and knowing about his cooking, i waited three seconds then used my up throw. My timing was perfect- the grenade went off right after my up throw ended, sending both of us into the sky. We were both gunning for the top of the stage when i noticed he was above me. I up aired him with a yellow pikmin and he hit the blast zone right before i did. To this day, yellow pikmin are my favorite. :chuckle:

Top Bottom