• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your funniest moment in Smash

D

Deleted member

Mine was when I first encountered Manaphy when I was fighting peach as mario in brawl...

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
One of the funniest moments I had was when someone was using Link in for glory and kept grabbing the ledge till I down smash him and followed up with forward smash but ended up dying from his own bomb. :joyful:

Kimiono

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kimiono_SSB
I hade a captain.F faire traind we bout died and it came to Sudden death because we died at the same frame
Then in Sudden I down aired him twice but tched it then he daired me and I teched the bobombs killed him then XD

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Me and my friend were fighting on 3ds, he was Lucas, I was Ness. I tried hurting him with PK Thunder, but i missed and I hit myself instead accidently, then I hit my friend KOing him. I never intended to do that.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
One of the most recent moments I can recall (yesterday) was in the Miiverse stage I was practicing my Link against the Lucario CPU. I managed one of the kills by using an Up Throw on him from the top platform and threw a bomb up. When the bomb didn't hit him I jumped according to his DI (left) and did my Up B because why not.

I not only managed to get him caught in the Up B but the last attack launched him to my bomb covered by the top blast zone and killed him that way. The best part was that this support message for Lucario popped up after the kill and had me pause the game for several minutes to let out all my laughter.

Thank god I saved the replay.

spamwichx

Smash Cadet
NNID
samantharrgh
i was playing a lvl 9 CPU pikachu with sheik on omega tortimer island(3ds), smash ball appears, we both try and get it. pikachu gets in first, then final smashes me, i use my shield as much as i can, and was flying around the place and a fairy bottle appears, i'm at 100 something percent damage, and i land right where the fairy bottle is and survive the final smash. i laughed my ass off.

T8TO

Smash Cadet
I've had countless moments in smash that would fit this category, but honestly best memories are of playing with my younger siblings. I think we all get used to playing competitively, or taking the game too seriously. When I would play with my brother and sister, sometimes we wouldn't even take eachother stock. Instead we would take funny pictures, or try to do weird stuff in game. I have a lot of found memories of us all just laughing at some of the pictures and replayed we would capture

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I've had countless moments in smash that would fit this category, but honestly best memories are of playing with my younger siblings. I think we all get used to playing competitively, or taking the game too seriously. When I would play with my brother and sister, sometimes we wouldn't even take eachother stock. Instead we would take funny pictures, or try to do weird stuff in game. I have a lot of found memories of us all just laughing at some of the pictures and replayed we would capture
I loved doing that back then. had over 479 pics

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
There are SO many. Once I 2 stocked a Villager in For Glory by spiking him off of his gyroid for both stocks with Falcon's up tilt.

I also remember that on one of my thousands of Brawl battles, I found a super rare Pokemon that switched the characters we were controlling for about 10 seconds, we kept our damage but fought with the other character. It was confusing and awesome, and I never seen the Pokemon since in videos, or in Brawl.

The last one is simply that I was Ganon and decided to edge guard Amarth with an up tilt Volcano Kick. Marth lands right in front of me, shields, and gets his shield broken. Then I proceded to taunting, pushing towards the ledge a little and reverse Warlock punching him to death. I was SO happy. It's a pity I didn't know how to save replays then. Anyway that's just a few of mine.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I was getting torn up by a DeeDee in FG when i was playing Peach.
Then I'd pulled out a turnip from the ground and threw it at him. Then he just blasted off screen. Turns out i was lucky enough to pull out a bomb at a time in need of one. He left the game so quick that i tasted the salt.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
When we were playing doubles in Brawl, my sister and I managed to surround my brother's Luigi, and when I used Wario's down-b, my sister managed to spike him with Mario's f-air beneath FD. It's one of the fondest memories I'll ever have with video games. I miss those days where it was just about having fun... And not about master races and ****.

D

Deleted member

I was getting torn up by a DeeDee in FG when i was playing Peach.
Then I'd pulled out a turnip from the ground and threw it at him. Then he just blasted off screen. Turns out i was lucky enough to pull out a bomb at a time in need of one. He left the game so quick that i tasted the salt.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I have two very funny matches. I was playing for glory doubles against this laggy team, we couldn't do much about the lag, so they kept landing their smash attacks. They even felt the need to taunt after every ko. We were down a point, but during the 7 second mark, I gimp the shulk player when he is only at 5 percent and get the kill. It turns into sudden death and we win that match. I was then showered with very mean insults :^) The other match I had was also a for glory double match. Nothing much happened in that match other than the fact that my teammate (yoshi) started having glowing particles surround her. It was a very fun experience.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
So me and my friend where playing a pretty casual 1v1. The battle progresses pretty usually until I (Dedede) knock him (Captain Falcon) off stage. Being the styling guy I am, I try and go off and meteor him as he's coming back. Him being the stylish guy he is, manages to footstool me instead. Now he's hanging from the ledge, and I'm making my way up. He has the smart idea to try and meteor ME in return. so I air dodge his FF Dair, and end up footstooling HIM in return. Now falcon is way down there, but I'm a douchenozzle. I try to go and spike him again thinking "meh if i miss he dies anyway". OH HOW WRONG I WAS. Captain Falcon instead walljumps away from the stage, AND SIDE-B's RIGHT BACK TOWARDS THE STAGE, GETTING THE SICKEST RAPTOR BOOST SPIKE I'VE EVER SEEN. It was so hype.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
One of the most recent moments I can recall (yesterday) was in the Miiverse stage I was practicing my Link against the Lucario CPU. I managed one of the kills by using an Up Throw on him from the top platform and threw a bomb up. When the bomb didn't hit him I jumped according to his DI (left) and did my Up B because why not.

I not only managed to get him caught in the Up B but the last attack launched him to my bomb covered by the top blast zone and killed him that way. The best part was that this support message for Lucario popped up after the kill and had me pause the game for several minutes to let out all my laughter.

Thank god I saved the replay.
I loved doing that back then. had over 479 pics
My god, that's exactly what my siblings and I would do back in 2010. I was only 12, so I didn't know anything about competitive smash at all. All we did was snap pictures, create custom stages and beat the Subspace Emissary.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
My god, that's exactly what my siblings and I would do back in 2010. I was only 12, so I didn't know anything about competitive smash at all. All we did was snap pictures, create custom stages and beat the Subspace Emissary.
Exactly what I did at the same age.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Once in for glory mode I played with this one player and on the fifth match he picked Kirby and rage quitted by using B neutral and I was inside of him and then he dropped off the stage on his last stock!

Last edited:

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
I
So me and my friend where playing a pretty casual 1v1. The battle progresses pretty usually until I (Dedede) knock him (Captain Falcon) off stage. Being the styling guy I am, I try and go off and meteor him as he's coming back. Him being the stylish guy he is, manages to footstool me instead. Now he's hanging from the ledge, and I'm making my way up. He has the smart idea to try and meteor ME in return. so I air dodge his FF Dair, and end up footstooling HIM in return. Now falcon is way down there, but I'm a douchenozzle. I try to go and spike him again thinking "meh if i miss he dies anyway". OH HOW WRONG I WAS. Captain Falcon instead walljumps away from the stage, AND SIDE-B's RIGHT BACK TOWARDS THE STAGE, GETTING THE SICKEST RAPTOR BOOST SPIKE I'VE EVER SEEN. It was so hype.
I can feel the hype just reading it.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Same here. I think competitive Smash is awesome, but I also think casually playing brawl on custom stages or with items on is severely underrated.
I did make some custom stages that some of my friends liked. One of their favorites is bomb-omb battlefield. It was hard to make.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's one moment from 2v2 For Glory that I thought was pretty funny (we were tied at the start of the gif).

Last edited:
Top Bottom