• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favourite characters so far?

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
In your opinion, what characters are your favourites thus far? I love Olimar, Dedede, Sonic, PT and Ike. And for veterans, I'm really really happy about an improved Kirby (my 64 main, and favourite melee character) and to some extent Lucas, since he's basically all Ness was supposed to be ^_^

Please respect other's opinions, I don't want anyone saying certain choice of favourite is stupid just because you dislike the character, and no "___ sucks" if you can control yourself.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Mine are-

Wait, doesn't this belong in Character Discussion? And if you think about it, there's no way there isn't another thread about this. Go search it up.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Why are people on Olimars Bandwagon,He needs Pikmin to attack and without them he's basically ineffective not to bring anyone down but he's not as good as people think he is

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Why are people on Olimars Bandwagon,He needs Pikmin to attack and without them he's basically ineffective not to bring anyone down but he's not as good as people think he is
Olimar is great. You can't criticize until you play the game.

End of discussion.

POST 300!!!

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
So you've played Brawl and know how effective he is?
of course....just think you need the pikmin to attack even if you use them all and he stated you do USE the pikmin...know picture to pull them out it only take one second but by then a good player would have hit you then your going to have to use that pikmin you just pulled out..so basically throughout the match(assuming you get more pikmin when you come back from death) your just going to be picking out pikmin and using items...how fun(assuming you can use items)

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Ever hear of a comma?

Also, you cannot predict how good or how bad he until you play as him. You're basically talking out of your ***.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
They could just be part of his own chracter model, not like Peach's turnips, but like any sword character pulling a sword from their sheath.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Sonic: always have been a Sonic fan
Snake: Its Snake, c'mon...
Ike: Bamf
Pokemon Trainer: <3 Pokemon, especially Charizard.
Olimar: Pikmin is da bomb and he looks like a very fun character.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
For new characters: Olimar looks like he will be a difficult one to play so I think he is my favorite. He will most likely involve a great deal of strategy and thinking rather than just button mashing.

For veterans: Samus FTW.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
NoNess, you're doing exactly what I requested not too. It's okay it's your opinion, but this is about what character is the one you like the most, and not about that character you THINK you know is bad.

And the way you talk about him, you're sounding just like the people thinking you only had one smash ball per battle. Please read properly the Dojo. It said he needs them for most of his attacks, and you don't use them then discard, they remain there. There are other ways of losing them.

Back on topic now!

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
Sonic: always liked him
Pit: Looks cool and nice to have an old character
MetaKnight: always wanted an evil kirby char in SSB
Pokemon Trainer: looks like a new style of playing and cmon, most people have played pokemon while growing up

Favourite Veteran has to be YOSHI !

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not trying to be offensive it's just my opinion
Opinions are great, but the OP did ask you not make posts bashing other peoples characters. Olimar will be interesting and unique, and is a great addition to the roster.

My favorites

1. Olimar (Hells yeah, hes in the Brawls, eat it haters)
2. Diddy Kong (DKC fanboy right here)
3. PT (3 Chars in one = awesome, and I've always loved Pokemon.)

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
Veterans
Peach, Fox, Mario

Newcomers
Ike, Sonic, Capt. Olimar, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer!

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
Veteran favorites: Link (main for life!!), Mario, Pikachu, Samus

Newcomer Favorites: Ike (badass), Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, nuff said), Pit, Sonic (probably wont use him, but a really cool character*) and Zamus (cool extention of samus)

*i wont really use sonic because im best with the slower characters. im probably gonna use him just for fun

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Vets: Pikachu, although everyone looks really cool again, as if new life was breathed into them!

Newcomers: Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, and Snake stand out the most to me, but I like everyone else so far as well.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Olimar and Pit for newcommers...As for Veterans, I like Ice Climbers new design and the new looks of Bowser and Link as well

Top Bottom