• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite tourney experience

Rayku

Smash Lord
Post/Talk about your favorite tournament you've ever been to.

Mine was FC: Diamond. Awesome organization, awesome turnout, other things to do in your downtime, DODGEBALL, and concessions so cheap that I don't think they even made profit off of it. Also, reasonable entry fee (with food provided for all 3 days included in this...including Chick-Fil-A for breakfast once).

This was also my first national level tournament I ever went to. I traveled with my friends from Wisconsin that I was visiting at the time, so overall the tournament was beyond comparison.

I'd say my second favorite tournament I ever attended was Smash Aid V (because I didn't know about VII), because that was where I met other pro level smashers, and saw Mike G compete for the first time. Truly a treat.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
YO POLT DROP A BEAT!!!

(starts beatboxing)

I...I don't like rap :\

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Mine was most likely was one of the Vulcan Gamebox tournaments, it was my second ever and it went really smoothed and I actually finished it, xD I got beat 3 times in the tourney set because the organizer put a win over a person I didn't play because my brother looks like me and said he won his match.

Purple

Hi guys!
Every waba monthly, just fun chillin with ga people :3.

all the bigger tourneys i've gone to are trash.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
awesome thread idea Rayku

GAWes' Xplayground series. Initiation, Devotion, Falconpunchion. Any time where Co_and_me and Reflex were under the same roof was sure to be a night where I would laugh 10000000 times. They were just greatly run tournaments, great scene at the time, wonderful people and wonderful place. Wes is the best host ever <3

Down South Junkin' in Feb of this year, where my Young Link was actually pretty in practice and I had a lot of fun playing folks.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Post/Talk about your favorite tournament you've ever been to.

Mine was FC: Diamond. Awesome organization, awesome turnout, other things to do in your downtime, DODGEBALL, and concessions so cheap that I don't think they even made profit off of it. Also, reasonable entry fee (with food provided for all 3 days included in this...including Chick-Fil-A for breakfast once).

This was also my first national level tournament I ever went to. I traveled with my friends from Wisconsin that I was visiting at the time, so overall the tournament was beyond comparison.

I'd say my second favorite tournament I ever attended was Smash Aid V (because I didn't know about VII), because that was where I met other pro level smashers, and saw Mike G compete for the first time. Truly a treat.
****nnnn. Genesis isn't even on your top 2? ****.

I haven't been to many tournaments except the Waba monthlies, which are really fun, but my favorite is Tipped Off 5. "More setups than people" is always awesome, and plus all of the out of state people.... and I got to play with M2K for about 30 minutes. So much fun and great experience. If only we went to IHOP for the madness.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Posting my favorite tourney experiences in here will get me de-modded and probably banned.

sorry guys =/

Linguini

Smash Master
FCD and Pound 2 were sick tournaments.

Don't know what,but Pound 2 had this unique vibe to it, everyone new school and old school was there and it was my first OOS.

-Chad-

Slackerator
The amount of tvs, three rounds of pools, amazing venue, amazing TOs who genuinely care about everyone there, food priced fairly to not make a profit, and all my bestest friends from all over the US.

What more could a smasher ask for really?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Chick Fil A for breakfast...oh wait.

Housing that comes with the venue...oh wait

Infinite Mountain Dew...oh wait.

I'm stumped.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Yo man!

My favorite tournament was at gigs where I had to face Scar in the first round.
Is like having man sex but twice as better XD. I wanted to do off the stage stunts, I scar jump knee on scar X3. and alot of falcon ditto shananigans.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Smash Aid 7.
Anyone who was there would probably agree with me.
Also. Mike G 16 stocked South Carolina by himself.
I was there. It was a beast tournament. My first out of state, etc.

All that said, I tend to agree with this guy:

FC Diamond without a doubt in the effing world.

Best tournament of all time.
For he speaks the truth.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I will also echo the sentiment for FC Diamond. So many good things going on even beyond the tournament. Very good vibes with everyone there.

Close runners up are FC1 and Smash Aid VI.

Top Bottom