• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite Technique

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
What are everbodys favourite Technical skill and why?
L-Cancel? SHL? Dash-Dancing? Wave Dash?

Me personally, I get goosebumps everytime I watch a Falcon player doing a good moonwalk. Not the most useful technique, but it looks so frickin slick!

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Reverse aerials in no particular rush.

That's when you do reverse aerials really late so they're safe on shield. :wolf:

Korrag

Smash Cadet
NNID
Korrag
L Canceling for sure, once I learned how to do it properly and not fail most of the time it was like a whole new door opened in terms of tech skill.

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
I'm a big fan of RAR, particularly RAR wavedashes. Useful for a number of things but most apparently useful for fast edgehogs when coming from a further-away part of the stage. DACUS is also fun because it's underutilized for a lot of characters and looks pretty flashy.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Me personally, I get goosebumps everytime I watch a Falcon player doing a good moonwalk. Not the most useful technique, but it looks so frickin slick!

Same! I love seeing people do that. I think my favorite might be some of the Luigi shenanigans that top Luigi players pull off, haha.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Would Quick Attack Cancel be an appropriate choice?
While I can't claim I can reliably pull off a pivot Fsmash, that would probably be a close second. If not that I'd say L-cancel, did wonders for my Roy game.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Edit : nah, I can't decide on a single one.
wavebouncing, wavelanding, dash dancing or shffling. Take your pick.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Lucas's magnet pull, which is still in P:M, I found out the other day. It's even cooler now because he can DJ out of the magnet, for cool pseudo-airdashes->DJ movement.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Wall jumping. :D

I also do enjoy B-bouncing or what you call it. :p Get some extra height with a B move?

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
My personal favorite is moonwalking. :V

Something about the input and the actual technique is extremely fun to do.
Yeah I agree, I havent learned to use it fully, but when you pull it of it´s very satisfying!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Jab resets, multishining, pivot tilts, and the moment where you eletricute Samus and pause to see her naked polygonal body.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I love wave dashing, it's just so satisfying to have that instantaneous advantage over your opponent's spacing, and it feels so rewarding to pull it off for a combo or a counter.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Favorite universal techniques: Moonwalking, taunt-cancelling, platform autocancel
Favorite character specific techniques: Lucas magnet pull and airdodge cancelling with his zair. Squirtle's shellshift.

I love advanced techniques

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Favorite technique: DACUS
Least favorite technique: L-Canceling.

Celestis

Smash Ace
L- Canceling and Wave Landing.

L - Canceling just feels so right. Makes me feel fluid.

Wave Landing also adds to the feeling of constant flow. I do it almost every time I hit the ground when i can.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I would like to put RAR on my favorites now. Falco is strong.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Samus Super Wavedash =P
Or on a more serious note, wavelanding on platforms with Ganon. I wish there was a stage with a bunch of vertical platforms so he could mix up his vertical approach... like the Bosspider in Megaman X.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Dash dancing with Falcon.

I also like using his neutral B momentum reversal for some shenanigans.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
As boring as it sounds, I think I have to go with just regular old wavedashing.

I think it changed the game the most out of all the advanced techniques I can think of. L-cancelling is great, but it was in 64 and I wouldn't exactly call it "advanced."

Wavedashing is what took Melee and propelled it to the next level and opened up a whole other world of gameplay. The game is so very based on movement and wavedashing is an incredible movement tool, especially when weaved in with other movement tricks. We took an accident and cared for it, nurtured it, until it defined entire characters. And wavedash OoS? Come on! How cool.

Casuals will be blown away if you start doing it, it's visually impressive (on some characters). It gives you an instant leg up against an opponent (if you're good at it -- that is, knowing when to use it). It is unique to Smash, as far as I know. It has become synonymous with competitive play. It's just so damn cool.

Also waveshine -_-

Top Bottom