• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your favorie Shonen jump manga?

solidsnake2234

Smash Journeyman
What is your favorite Shonen jump manga?
1.One piece
2.Naruto
3.Yu-Yu Hakusho
4.Shaman King
5.Yu-Gi-Oh
6.Hikaru No Go
This is from my favorite to least favorite.What are yours?

Alex13

Smash Journeyman
Yu-Yu Hakusho. I was hooked on that weird-a** anime **** for like a year man. Yu-Gi-Oh too. But I've matured from that to stuff like Smallville and 7th Heaven... well... then I matured from that to MTV.

YoruWoNukeru

Smash Cadet
Legomaxx said:
To hell with Hikaru No Go.
TO HELL WITH YOU!!!

Sorry, but I hate Hikaru No Go haters. But that's your opinion.

1. Naruto
2. Hikaru No go (Yeah, that's right!)
3. One Piece
4. Shaman King
5. Yu Yu Hakusho

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Naruto and Hajime no Ippo (if that's part of shonen jump too)

edit: oops my bad

Four_Star

Smash Cadet
Current favorites (favorite to least favorite)
1.Naruto
2.Shaman King
3.Yu Yu Hakusho
4.One Piece
5.Yu-Gi-Oh
6.Hikaru No Go

Favorite of all time
Dragonball Z!!!!!!
(Dragonball comes in second.)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
One Piece. It actually focuses on characters and their development with any action as a side. Also, I love the whimsical and childish imagination that is put into it. Not to mention, I have never seen a story with better plot twists.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
more like...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77588

just wanted to add this....

Myths vs Facts

I decided to make this page since there's an aweful lot of rumors and myths going on about the One Piece dub and I'd like to clear a few things up.

Myth: Funimation had the rights to One Piece but Toei took it away because of the horrible job they did with Dragonball.
Fact: I think anyone can figure out why this is a myth. As fun as it would be to think of Toei shooting themselves so horribly in the foot, fact of the matter is 4kids got the rights to One Piece by putting in the highest bid (at the last minute).

Myth: Toei hates the way 4kids is dealing with One Piece because of all the edits.
Fact: Again, this is a fun one to think of, but it's just not true. Think about it. If Toei really hated editing in their shows, would they have sold their biggest liscence to 4kids? Obviously not. Toei might be upset that the show isn't the huge sucess it SHOULD and certainly COULD be, but as long as they get money, they really don't care.

Myth: R and L are interchangable in Japan so changing Zoro to Zolo and Lougetown to Rougetown isn't a change.
Fact: This is more of a missunderstanding. First of all, there is no "l" in the Japanese language. It does NOT exist, at all. Period! There is no Kanji that involves the letter L so they use R. So that means the myth is sorta true right? Zoro could be Zolo, right? Wrong! Because Oda has written out Zoro's name several times in English as "Zoro". The same is for Lougetown and any other R and L mess ups (like all of them) Also, when Japanese actors try to say the letter L, it comes off as an "r"ish sound or a "d" sometimes even. It's kind of like that harsh H they have in the German language that English speaking places don't use.

Myth: Toei picked out the American actors for One Piece.
Fact: I have no idea if this is true or not. I think maybe 4kids sent Toei the main cast's credentials and they approved it or something like that. But if anyone can find the supposed magazine that printed this, I'd love to see it.

Myth: Dub DVDs aren't selling at all.
Fact: Unfortunately, they're selling quite well, but that does seem to be the only thing. Most of the time I go to any stores that carry One Piece toys, they're marked on clearence or something.

Myth: 4kids promised to use a dubbed version of the song "We Are" for the dub, but then went back on their word and used the rap.
Fact: I've yet to see any sites or anything that say 4kids promised to use the dubbed We Are. I think they made the dubbed We Are to shut the One Piece fans up to make us THINK they were going to use it, but didn't in the end. But I've yet to see anything that says they said they'd use it.

POYO!

Smash Rookie
One Piece- Original and fun (Its about Pirates!)

HunterXHunter- Not really a typical Shounen (I wanna be the strongest of all etc.) and it has interesting characters.

am more of a Shounen Sunday fan.

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
BLEACH!!! OMG BLEACH IS #%&ing AMAZING

Yeah, the fight scenes are way awesome, and the character designs are pretty nice, but the characters are so easy to fall for! Byakuya is a freaking amazing character, Ichigo's the best badass I've seen in anime in ages, and Kon, to me, is the best comic relief ever. And the multitude of shipping possibilities... Ichigo and Rukia have the best chemistry I've seen since Takeru and Hikari from Digimon.

Oh, btw I ship IchiRuki, HitsuHina and, my Bleach OTP IshiNemu. You touch my OTP and I am forced to challenge you to a match and lose horribly because I've only been smashing for less than two weeks

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I admit to being a serious One Piece manga fan. The Japanese anime is alright, but the manga is really good stuff. The blend of lunacy and the usual shounen manga combat is something I really dig. It's probably my favorite ongoing manga. Maybe my favorite manga of all time.

A lot of the other Shounen Jump fighting manga are fairly decent. I keep up to date with Bleach and Naruto. I prefer Naruto to Bleach, because Naruto has a completely different, fairly consistent world, and I like that. Plus, the various abilities and jutsu shown in Naruto are explained almost scientifically. In contrast, the Bleach world is simply tacked on to our own, with very little explanation or exposition. Hunter x Hunter is good, for many of the same reasons I like Naruto. The art isn't as good though. D.Grayman is mediocre.

I've read quite a few of the other Shounen Jump manga as well. Death Note is very good, at least for the first half. After that it's just only good. Prince of Tennis was alright, until it started jump the shark by giving many of the players abilities approaching tennis superpowers. I know a lot of people can't stand Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, but I personally think it's hilarious.

I've liked some of the manga that aren't currently running, too. Slam Dunk was good, and although the basketball was unrealistically flashy, at least none of the characters got "superpowers" like in PoT. Rurouni Kenshin was definitely good, although not one of my favorites. I've read quite a bit of Shaman King, and I like the main character's attitude, but not all of it has been scantalated yet. I liked Hikaru no Go quite a bit, but the ending was rather abrupt.

God, that was a long post.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
A lot of you seem to like the Shonen Jump manga from the magazine itself.

I"s is a good read if any of you ever get your hands on it.

Top Bottom