• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Fail Brawl Moments

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
My most memorable fail is when I was reverse falcon pawnched into a stage spike, right out of my Kirby's final cutter. I purposely suicided my last stock because it was so epic.

Unfortunately, I didn't record it. :(

Cracker

Smash Rookie
Not my mistake though;
Me and two friends (i was TL, friends where ike and tl)
and Ike uses upsmash while my TL friend is in the air. He is a noob. So he starts to charge his bow at 119% with a smashing Ike under him *sigh*

UberMario

Smash Master
Winning a FFA with Captain Falcon after being on my last stock when everyone else had three, 5-Stocking a single person in the succeeding duel, and then getting 3-stocked by koing myself with the sideB twice and downA once.
KOing my teammate on his last stock when he was gimping someone.
Gimping a Mario with FAir while he does the exact thing to me. (Somehow, instead of cancelling each other, they both connected, resulting in a gimp tie)
Warp Star sd-ing in order to try to gimp someone and even though I connected, and whoever-it-was survived because they gotlaunched back onto the stage.
Losing to a Red Alloy on wifi.
Getting gimped by a sandbag in the Waiting Room.

Losing the finals in the only tournament I've gone to by being gimped after my controller fell out of the system. The winner got a $600 camera while I got $20.

Losing a 4-way tie by port priority during a Sudden Death. (It was at Hanenbow, I UpB'd someone off the top of the screen, and proceeded to fall off the bottom after missing the leaf barely, while another opponent hits the screen from the remaining person's hit, who freefalled at the same time as I did.)
BTW it WAS a 4-way tie since everyone lost their percentages at the same time.

After turning the item frequency off (but not actually turning off each item), I was playing as Kirby and my opponent was DeDeDe, he proceeded to spam sideB, getting a Bob-Omb, a Bob-Omb, a Bob-Omb, a Smash Ball, and a Golden Hammer (which I survived), and then proceeded to get ko'd by a Waddle Dee.

Fails involving lag:

Everytime I FLUDD-charge beyond the ledge, since it takes forever to cancel it when there is button-lag and usually results in a sd.
Losing a FFA when I had a 3-stock lead in a 5-stock match by walking off the ledge and not being able to UpB due to said lag TWICE.
Missing an unnecessary gimp and koing myself when the other person was below the stage in freefall, I was at 10%.

Fails for the foe:

Koing a Zelda by using Fludd when they were using Din's Fire on-stage.
Being infinite-chain grabbed by a hacking DeDeDe on Target Test 1, only to win the proceeding Sudden Death by fludding a bob-omb into him.
Using banana peels to kill a Diddy that produced them.
FLUDDing Bob-Ombs during a Sudden Death from the right side of Green Hill Zone all of the way into the opponent camping off the left side of the screen.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
Two friends and I were playing FFA on FD. One friend was playing Ness, and the other friend and I were playing Snake. We had a habit of unintentionally ganging Ness with our various explosives. The friend playing Ness has enough and he positions himself in the center of the stage to get the most advantage. The other Snake and I duke it out a bit before knocking each other to the ends of the stage, as we make our landings we fire out Nikitas which travel straight at the Ness. He forward smashes, catching the friend Snake (in front of him)'s rocket and sending it back to him, his BACKSWING catching mine (behind him obviously) neither of us reacted in time (truly embarassing >_>) and we both die. The friend Snake ended up winning but it was definitely amusing.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
What's always embarrassing is when your opponent is successful at landing Ganon's Flame Choke in midair. It's never been so hilarious to watch your character fall to their doom! :laugh:

Darkrulerjoe

Smash Rookie
I was playing against my friend and i was Peach and he was Zero suit samus. He had about 90% and i knocked him off of the board and he used the rope thing to try to get back onto the board. He was hanging by the rope and then i pulled a turnip (or w/e their called) and threw it and when he was pulling the rope to hang on the board. He got hit by the turnip and died, i started laughing and then he came back and beat me cause i couldnt stop laughing Lol

E3_

Smash Apprentice
another is on Yoshi's Islands...I was playing a ness and it was tryin to recover and i hit the PK Thunder and edgeguarded him...as he was falling to death i was laughing and threw the controller down...The ghost platform saved him and he look at me stupid and F-tilted meh....I WAS MAD

AXXotekk

Smash Cadet
mine is when I tried to use Luigi's rocket to get back to the stage and I accidently did the cyclone and I flew too far and fell.

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
I Wario wafted a G&W on Corneria, but star KO'd myself because of the stage's incredibly small blast zones. G&W would have died before me, but got saved by the lasers from the Arwings. o_o

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I Wario wafted a G&W on Corneria, but star KO'd myself because of the stage's incredibly small blast zones. G&W would have died before me, but got saved by the lasers from the Arwings. o_o
Hmm, that seems wierd, the Blastzones won't KO you unless you're in a "hurt" state, in which case, Wario didn't get hurt unless G&W was able to get a poke at you.

Lucario1337

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that seems wierd, the Blastzones won't KO you unless you're in a "hurt" state, in which case, Wario didn't get hurt unless G&W was able to get a poke at you.

You can KO yourself with wario waft. even if not hurt. it happens. if your in the blast zone or waft sends you in blast zone in kos you.

Even at 0% it kos you if your in blast zone. I just checked. I jumped to top with a fully charged wario waft and used it and it star koed me.

Top Bottom