• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your estimate on how many chars total?

brawl.admin

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's definitely 40 characters. I think Famistsu was giving us a hint of this by saying there was 240 hours to beat the SSE with ALL THE CHARACTERS. Now we all know that you can't replay it with different characters than what they offer in the storyline, but we assume that there are choices you can make.

So 240 hours may not be an accurate number, but he said 240 for a reason. If you it takes 240 hours for ALL OF THE CHARACTERS, then the only reasonable number that goes into 240 evenly is 40. So to beat SSE with ALL OF THE CHARACTERS you must play all 40 characters.

That's my logic, and I'm sticking to it.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Well if it his last SSB game (by the looks of it is..) then there will be lots of chars...40 minimum. Game has been delayed a lot...and it looks like this is gunna be the grand finale. Web page with updates every day...Crazy *** music...Online play...all those extra modes :p I dont think he'll let that all go to waste by only including 30-34 chars.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
One thing we should take into consideration - even though Sakurai doesn't separate PT's trio like he does with Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zamus, should we not count him as three movesets (even though you can't use them separately but get all three with one selection)?

In that case, I think we should count movesets and not characters, and we already have 27 of those.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think at the MOST we would get 35. Even that seems a little drastic.
Go count how many characters we have confirmed and then count the most likely to return vets. Then, come back here and say that again.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Expecting 35. If I count just unique movesets (which means Sheik, ZSS and 3 pokemon (going with 2 since I counted one of them already), I think we'd get atleast 40 unique movesets total.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
I'm going to guess 38 as the final number

There were 11 secret characters in melee

If you figure that Brawl will match that then we know at least 2 Sonic & Snake

1.Sonic
2.Snake

Add the list of the most likely returning veterans

3.C.Falcon
4.G-dorf
5.Falco
6.G&W
7.Jigs
8.Marth
9.Y.Link (proabbaly WW Link)
10.Luigi

then that leaves room for 1 new character to fill the 11th spot.

Only 1 new character beyond what we know...highly unlikely

I'm going to say that there will at least be 3 new characters beyond what we know

that bumps the number up to 36, but that is shooting a little low so I'm going to say 38

to fill out the roster we have

11.Ridley
12.Geno
13.Krystal
14.Isaac
15.WTF character 1
16.WTF character 2

that adds half the ratio of the amount of hidden in Melee. It would be too mcuh to consider them to double it, so I think this will be our final number, 38.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah Lucario will probably take up a spot if Mewtwo doesn't. So that leaves room for one WTF or 3rd party character.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda expecting 7 more vets and 8 more newcomers, to balance out the Character screen on the Dojo. And I also think we're gonna get one new character every week on the Dojo from here on out -- just like we have the past two Wednesdays.

That would make 40 characters...

Santini

Smash Journeyman
This is a fan project, and it seems like Sakurai is trying to really blow everyone away with this game. And what would do that the best? A huge roster. So, actually I don't think 50 characters is too farfetched.

But then the sheer hugeness of that number makes me doubt my optimistic self. So I'll just have to go with 40+.

icymatt

Smash Lord
34-38, not counting Sheik and ZSS, of course. Depends on how many third-party characters end up being there.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
It is 48, it was confirmed in a Japanese Newspaper. And the numbers don't count Sheik because it said Melee had 25 and not 26, so if you count Sheik and probably ZSS, there are 50 total.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
*cough* no concept of scepticism *cough*
I have skepticism, but I've believed for a while that Brawl will far succeed its past in content, including characters, and that it will be about doubled what was in Melee. While 36, 38, 40, or 42 are a bit more reasonable, I'm going to believe this for now that it will have 48 characters. Especially since Sakurai has already listed 25 characters before the release, meaning once you take out Snake, Sonic, ZSS, and Sheik (ZSS and Sheik because they're transformations and don't count as their own character on the roster list), there are already 21 characters that have been announced to be there without having to unlock them. We'll probably get at least one or two more before the release, so I could see the unlockables making it around that number.

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
im ganna say about 35 counting Z - Suit becasue she has her own character, but not counting shiek

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. - 12 char.
Super Smash Bros. Melee - 25 char.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 53 characters.

I'm just logically following doubled each number each time.
So, approximately...

25/12 = 2.1 x 25 = 53

So yeah, that's my NEW guess.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
High 30s, low 40s.

So far we have 12(+1) returners. Falcon and ganondorf are pretty much assured. Jiggs and marth are also pretty likely, and maybe falco too. So, for the sake of simplicity, lets say theres 20 returners.

We have 12 newcomers, which would put the minimum count at about 32. So, assuming they throw in another 5-10 newcomers, thats somewhere between 37-44.

Top Bottom