• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOUR Character

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
After a while, it becomes apparent that people have a certain gravitation towards that one character for whatever reason, be it nostalgia, play style (PS), exploitability etc.
I'm curious
  • Who do you hold a soft spot for, and why?
  • Does it affect your PS with that character?
  • Is he/she your main/best character?

Always held a near-dangerous love for the Legend of Zelda world ,so that would be Link for me. Currently experimenting with different PSs reflecting the colour of his tunic for an added challenge and change of pace.

Green - Mixed; purely acrobatic, no items. Reflects the Forest Temple and Kokiri area of OoT.

Red - Offensive; lots of short range bomb usage and aggressive swordplay. Reflects the Fire Temple and Goron area.

Blue - Defensive, long range bomb usage with frequent 'Longshot' embellishment.Represents the Water Temple (*hears the resentful muttering*) and Zora area.

Lavender- N/A (Almost never play this style). Heavy boomerang usage. Reflects the Entire Legend of Zelda I area.

Let's hear those ramblings ;)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
*Who do you have a soft spot for and why? Of the smash 64 characters, my favorite series is the Metroid series. I enjoy using DK and Yoshi the most however.
* Does it affect your PS with that character? I play overly offensive in all 3 smash games but I don't find this related to my "favorite" character in terms of series.
* Is he/she your main/best character? Samus is not my main but Yoshi is. Samus was my main for a while in melee if I would possibly include that. (I main Luigi for the other games though).

I main Yoshi due to his quirks, I like being able to DJC out of other characters combos.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I don't really have a bias towards any character cause of their respective game series. I am quite fond of Fox, though, simply because I enjoy characters that reward fast playstyles.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I like all of Link's appearance (The Legend of Zelda) and I like him the most in this game over the other characters, I find him the funnest (and sexiest about his attacks) character to play with, but still not my main...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Link, all three games. I go straight for lavender because you can get more manly than that :p

Spam projectiles and spam D-Air in 64 and N-Air in the other two, not too hard lol...I almost always approach before the other person unless I'm on my last stock or something.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'll always despise Sakurai for giving Link the shaft in EVERY Smash game, how can you do that to the most liked video game character?
At least things are looking good for him in Project M.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I have a huge soft spot for Yoshi. However, for some reason, I suck with him in every smash game.

My character choice in all the smash games seems to be the characters that are basically free in the air (good aerial movement, good aerials). My favourite characters in melee and brawl are Puff and GaW, while in 64, I use everyone, but prefer Falcon, Puff, and Pika.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
I have a huge soft spot for picachu just because I always played him and pokemon is teh pwns. In meele I have no soft spots because I started with like mewtwo and roy and moved so much. Brawl um.... yeah....

Battlecow

Play to Win
As a scrub, I loved everything about samus; keep in mind that since Smash was one of the first video games I played, I didn't have any nostalgia going on. I swore to myself that I'd always be true to her and so forth; it broke my heart when I had to switch mains (first to DK, then to Doug) to win.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I have zero attachment to any character in Smash, so it purely comes down to playstyle. Also, my playstyle fluctuates a lot for me, it's hella weird. So my best character changes a lot, and I have no solid main. Just like a month or two ago, I would have said Kirby was my best character, but recently my Kirby has been garbage.

The only character that is ALWAYS good, as well as being a blast to play as, is Yoshi. However, he's not as good as my higher-tiered characters, so he's not my main character. I don't have enough incentive to main him, as fun as he is. He'll simply remain my most used character in friendlies.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Red hat Pikachu was my boy for my first year, until I saw that he represented everything that was noob about me, so I gave him up. Now it's original Pikachu all day.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I disagree, I think blue hue/green hue Pikachu combined with an ugly party hat looks 10x more ugly. + I like to pretend my Pikachu is Ash's Pikachu .

TANK64

Smash Lord
Soft spot for Luigi over Mario. Always have.

Link, of course, is super fun to play. Although never played Zelda games. Just love him in this one.

Always loved Yoshi in mario games, and he is fun because he is different in like a billion ways.

My best chars are probably fox, and falcon idk lol.

oh and Link is the only char in a smash game that I am not loyal to one color.
Blue= calm and collected= pretty boy Link
Red= angry= bad boy Link
The ladies love them

wiscompton

Smash Rookie
i wish i could play better with fox, since starfox 64 was the only game i had for n64 for a long long time. i still bust him out from time to time...

ness has my favorite PS though for sure.

Top Bottom