• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Bomb Slide!

T

Tyman12

Alright, this is my first ever thread/guide and one of my first few posts. Yes, I am an 08'er, but please listen to what I say.

I believe I have discovered a character-specific technique. I call it bomb sliding, but I don't really care what the name is. To do this technique all you have do is:

1: Bomb set
2: take a few steps back and turn around/wavedash
3: hit the bomb with a ground neutral attack
I believe this is very hard to do, but is very useful. The results are one of six things:
A)bomb keeps moving backward until it explodes or falls off screen or hits a wall
B)bomb moves backward and stops right in front of you
C)bomb moves barely backward
D)bomb goes nowhere
E)bomb moves slightly forward
F)bomb moves backward and stops a few character lengths from where it was
G)bomb moves forward and doesn't stop until it explodes hits a wall or falls off screen
If you can do this consistently enough and with the right timing you will be a formidable foe, but I think that what happens depends on:
A)how high above it is compared to you
B)how close you are compared to it

I don't have a camera and therefore do not have a video. I have version 1.2 and have only played on 1.2 so I don't know if it works on other versions. I would love to see this technique used in tourney play, and I would like to see this in the bomb guide if not stickied.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Huh.... I can't say I've seen this before but maybe it's just because I'm not up to snuff on my Y. Link.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
No offense, but it's really not that useful. In that time, you could just throw the Bomb or throw a Boomerang.

It's good for... messing around, I guess.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That doesn't take that much time. I could see it useful for mindgames for like 1 match. Although the slide that lasts till it blows up sounds pretty good. Like depending how fast it goes, you could egress with more ease and more effectiveness. I am talking do the bomb slide, jump/bomb, rang, bomb, sliding bomb explodes. Just another projectile your opponent has to deal with. I am gonna test this technique before I jump to any conclusions.

rhan

Smash Hero
elvenarrow3000 said:
No offense, but it's really not that useful. In that time, you could just throw the Bomb or throw a Boomerang.

It's good for...messing around, I guess.
Use the technique to show off to the n00bs. :)

But yeah...other then that I wouldn't do this...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Old as hell. You can also just pull out another bomb and throw it down on it when the bomb starts flashing. Little to no practical application, but it's fun.

Also, over here, we call that shiz bombchu.

Top Bottom