• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youmacon Results

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
M2K, I'm going to repeat what Juggleguy said in the original thread: if you did research on the attendance beforehand, you would've been aware that the majority of MI Melee wasn't going to this in the first place.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
TECH CHASE - WHEN I WAS COMPLAINING IT WAS LEGIT - there was 4 melee teams. I didn't know many more people would show after that. That is not fair
Let's have a civil conversation okay?

Why is that not fair? Is it because those players didn't feel like donating to you? In all honesty, it's Youmacon staff's fault for not properly advertising the Battle Opera. So that really couldn't be helped by any of us. So when you use "That is not fair" , it's kind of silly.

I mean this point has been brought up several times already but it really up to you to decide whether how likely a tournament is going to be financially "worth it" for you to attend. If you don't do the homework and you end up with an unsatisfactory outcome, is it our fault or yours? You could have asked myself or any of the Michigan people how big our scene is and whatnot. This could have all been done within the span of 10 minutes.

The issue that I personally have with your post is that you are walking around with this absolutely ridiculous sense of self entitlement. Yes, you are very good at both games and have the skills to make money. You put in the work in both games and that's pretty awesome. However, do not parade around talking about "I DIDNT GET ENOUGH MONEY!" You still make a profit of several hundred dollars it appears and you still openly complain? That's absurd to me. Do you know how unbelievably stupid that appears? We have a lot of new players in Michigan and I DO NOT need that kind of crap going on in my scene. I don't need them to think that top level players are just spoiled brats. This is the exact reason why I did not assist you financially in coming to Phoenix Saga 4.

And my point can be further emphasized by your actions at the venue.

"I don't feel like buying food, who wants to donate to me?" - You said that if you remember. Like who the hell says that to a group of people they don't know. And then you lurk around me waiting for me to give you my leftovers. That's just unbelievably crass. And don't get me wrong, none of this is personal or anything. But honestly, those are the kind of things you need to stop doing. Serious.

You have some things to learn before you should consider coming back to Michigan.

We don't take kindly to that kind of attitude here.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
tech you shouldnt waste your time on him. He will be the same no matter what. People will enable him.

I have stories for you bro just hit me up sometimes.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What Tech says is correct M2K. In the future just ask someone how big a tourney will be and they can likely give you a good estimate.

Complaining in the thread about it just makes you look super selfish and I know you do not want to be seen that way.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Watching on YT. Keitaro, did you not feel like correcting jwong or do you not play melee? Justin was making a few mistakes during commentary, it would've been polite to correct him when he mixed up peaches BAir with her FAir. Commentary was still boss though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Watching on YT. Keitaro, did you not feel like correcting jwong or do you not play melee? Justin was making a few mistakes during commentary, it would've been polite to correct him when he mixed up peaches BAir with her FAir. Commentary was still boss though.

I played Melee competitively before Brawl came out for nearly 2 years but I don't remember much stuff. As for correcting Jwong, I didn't want him to feel pressured to say thing correct while commentating. I'm sure most can understand that he would make many mistakes commentating since he played Melee for a short time. I actually expected his commentary to be worse than what it was lol.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Jwong's commentary and watching Jebailey play were the most hilarious parts of the Melee tournament.

Keitaro should regret nothing.

:denzel:

Vkrm

Smash Lord
BAir being called the butt had me dying. Even though Justin nor keitaro are really into melee, their commentary is godlike.

Top Bottom