• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You will NEVER win....seriously. You won't.

Frames

DI
its not impossible to win from what i remember the hitbox of the ship is very small and its right in the center so u can dodge pretty well

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Yay.... Danmaku discussion?

And yeah, what Frames said is true. The image of the ship is actually just an image. The hitbox is much smaller. It's the only way for Danmaku to be realistically beaten.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I am quite aware that the hitbox is at the center. I play many touhou games and such.
However, this does not mean its anywhere near easy. Just cause the hitbox is small does not mean its easy to dodge RIDICULOUS bullet patterns like that, and THAT is ridiculous.
In most shmps, they have a "focus mode" which allows you to go slower if you hold down a key. This is when your ship goes slower, hitbox is visible, and your fire is concentrated.

You guys should give'em a try.

Purple

Hi guys!
i always loved gradius 3. I could never beat it when i was younger, but i always tried.

I might give it a go now that i'm older.

tubes

Smash Ace
at first I was like "This doesn't seem that hard in fact I could probably beat this within a day" and then I skipped 5 minutes in and was all like "wtf...wheres the hole?.... there is no hole between those bullets! the hitboxes are god**** overlapping wtf!"

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ikaruga wasn't that bad. I got to the point where I got through the game without losing more than one life. When I saw Touhou games and whanot, I was slightly baffled that they would even put something like that out there.

Then I saw the really ridiculous FFR/ItG songs like Death Piano.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Ikaruga wasn't that bad. I got to the point where I got through the game without losing more than one life. When I saw Touhou games and whanot, I was slightly baffled that they would even put something like that out there.

Then I saw the really ridiculous FFR/ItG songs like Death Piano.
If that shocked you..
I guess you'd have a heart attack from watching someone play Keyboard Mania.

Laijin

Smash Hero

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
btw guys the proper term is "bullet curtain" not bullet hell.

i find it kind of humorous that some bc games nowadays are more about how long you can survive the patterns than how many times you can hit that boss

Top Bottom