• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOU vs. Nintendo: Smash Heroes

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
I've been thinking about a fun hypothetical topic to post on this board for a few weeks, now. Finally, I believe I've found such a topic in the form of a running a dream gauntlet against Smash Bros' greatest heroes! Basically, you'll have a select group of fighters that you'll have to fight in a set of one-on-one battles; the goal being that you successfully defeat the entire group and clear the gauntlet without losing.

Here will be the group of opponents you'll fight (I tried to list them from weakest-strongest, feel free to tweak the order should you disagree):
1. Olimar (Let's say he starts with 200 Pikmin, 25 of each variety)
2. Solid Snake
3. Pikachu
4. Ryu (He can go into Evil-Ryu form)
5. Pit (He can use all of his weapons and powers (like Lightweight) from Uprising, he also has the Three Sacred Treasures)
6. Donkey Kong (No Strong Kong)
7. Link (He has all of his equipment from the Zelda games, but he doesn't have the masks from Majora's Mask, or the complete Triforce, just the Triforce of Courage.)
8. Mario (Can use a Launch Star. Has all his power-ups and abilities from the games, except the Star Rod, Crystal Stars, Chaos Heart, and Gold Tanooki suit, etc.)
9. Mega Man (Has his copy powers from the Classic games, can also call in his robotic partners for help)
10. Kirby (Also has his copy abilities from the main series; has his Warp Star, and can swallow it to get the Star Rod)
11. Samus (She has all of her weapons from the Metroid series except weapons she gained only for fighting final bosses, let's also say that she remains in her power suit)
12. Sonic (Can only use his Super and Hyper Forms, aside from base Sonic)
13. Shulk (This is Shulk at the end of Xenoblade)

Rules:
1. You'll run this gauntlet with ONE superpower using this link: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/special:random
2. You can roll twice, but you'll only be able to pick one power between the two you get, so choose wisely!
2a. If you get sent to a gallery or something, that does not count as a roll.
3. Be sure to keep in mind the applications and associations your power has; be wary of the limitations as well (if any are listed)
4. If you believe that your power's description is too vague or broad, then think about how flexible you believe that you'd use your power to measure its effectiveness.
5. You don't have to kill your opponent to win. Just knocking them unconscious, or putting them in a situation where they are unable to fight back feasibly (such as sealing them away) would be enough to score victory. However, the same situation applies for you as well.
6. If you believe that you fight your opponent to a stalemate or draw, then your run in the gauntlet is over, be aware of that.
7. You are healed between each battle should you win, so you don't have to worry about stamina or lingering injuries (Unless you want to).

That's all the rules, I hope this proves to be a fun experience for you guys!

finalark

SNORLAX
I got Preemptive Adaptation. This means I get powers to deal with any situation as long as the threat is imminent. This includes powers to counter my opponent's power's.

I know all of these characters well enough that I'll know what's coming.

I think I just beat the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Esoteric Star Manipulation lists Gravity Manipulation as an application. Therefore...

All fights can be won by creating a gravitational force around the opponent strong enough to crush them instantly due to pressure.

God that's overpowered...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dark Matter Manipulation.
Includes:
Gravity Manipulation, distorting Space and Time. Extra Dimensional Energies or something like that.

Good Lord that's OP.

Last edited:

justaway12

Smash Master
I got Hope Manipulation
User can sense and manipulate the hope, including the virtue, of themselves, people, animals and other creatures, whether by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling hope, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level.

I can sap their hope and I can make them think there's no chance or put them in a state of despair, where they would be too depressed to fight back and I'd win by default...though it says users of Strong Heart can't have their hope sapped, but with Hope Manipulation I also get Hope Constructs and Hope Energy Manipulation, so I drop a house on them or sth and destroy them, I stop at Sonic max though, he stops me before I can even think of something to make and I'm pretty sure he has a Strong Heart too so I can't sap any of his hope.

Rolled again just to make sure and got Slime Manipulation
User can create, shape and manipulate ooze, slime, and goo of every consistency or viscosity, whether sticky, slippery, etc.

With this I don't think I can get past Snake, one of the applications of Slime Manipulation is binding, so I can potentially one-shot him, but he's this Living Legend of a solider and I'm...not in the best of shape lol so I doubt I'll catch him and I'm pretty sure he can one-shot me too.

So yea, I go with Hope Manipulation, I still don't clear it tho lol

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I got Weapon Hands:

User can transform parts of their body to form a weapon of their choice onto their hands and forearms, possibly their biceps, triceps and shoulders.

I can just kill everyone with gun-hands. Boom boom.

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I got Krampus Physiology:

I gain the ability to turn into a Krampus which is a creature that punishes naughty children in the Christmas season.

1st match against Olimar - BOOM I turn into Krampus. I realize he is not a child, hasn't been naughty and it isn't Christmas season. I get obliterated.

I sure didn't last long, lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
META TELEPORTATION!

CAN TELEPORT ANYTHING TO ANYWHERE AND ANYWHEN!

I ****ING WIN EVERYTHING!

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Sorry that I haven't been active for awhile, guys. School and everything has been keeping me on lock down. I decided to give this another go for myself after ending up with Kresnik Physiology. This time I stuck with Momentum Charge.

I believe that I can defeat Olimar with this, but I'm not too keen on being able to beat a super-soldier like Snake, so that ends my gauntlet run again, I guess.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I got
Foreign Material Manipulation

So as long as the substance is not from this world, I can control it. And since I'd be an alien to every nintendo world.... well.. this'll be easy.
1. Olimar (Let's say he starts with 200 Pikmin, 25 of each variety)

I've turned Olimar's ship into bindings that trap this miniature mob. And then I step on them. Since the foreign material does not designate whether it has to be inorganic, I also just cause Pikmin to murder each other until a remaining 50 surrender to me.

2. Solid Snake

Probably the most-of-this world enemy. Luckily I just worked my way through Pikmin and have a bunch of miniature things that I control. Match Snake by hiding before the match starts but the difference is I have mentally controlled pikmin doing my recon, eventually climbing up to his ears, and attacking the brain directly. If I don't get to use my new Pikmin minions, telekinetically take control of Raiden's sword and slice up everything until every cardboard box and contents within are ribbons.

3. Pikachu: Collapse the pokeball before he's thrown out.

4. Ryu: Shoot him. With Snake's gun. While Pikmin distract him. If I don't have Pikmin minions, I use Seth as a puppet and absorb the both of them into Seth's black hole chest.

5. Pit: Once again, his weapons become his biggest threat, The bow turns inward and wraps around his neck where the three sacred treasures rise above him as an empty suit and fire down upon him until I'm done.

6. Donkey Kong: Shoot him. With Snake's Gun. While Pikmin distract him. If I don't have Pikmin minions I bring the Moon that he punched down on his head.

7. Link: I actually use the parts of the triforce of courage kept within him to rip him asunder from the inside out.

8. Mario: Change the super mushroom to a Lost Levels poison one before he eats it, then shoot him. With Snake's Gun.

9. Mega Man: Taunt him about the mega man hunters from Mega Man 5 on the game boy. When he tries using the abilities of any of those interstellar robots, turn them back on him. Then use Duo as a puppet to murder him while he hesitates about having to fight a friend.

10. Kirby - smack him with his own star rod and rain warp stars down on pop star until the planet's been destroyed. Hijack Magalor's ship and leave.

11. Samus: Crushed within her own armor.

12. I'm not from Mobius. Sonic is an alien to me. Sonic's body is theorized to be a created weapon even if I can't control full organics, I can at least control Shadow and Metal Sonic. As well as surround myself with un-jumpable spikes at all times. And then, lift myself up and fly away on a death egg, and just rip the Tornado in half when him and Tails give chase.

13. Shulk - The monado paralyzes as I try to control it and he tries to keep its form. Then I shoot him. With Snake's gun. And feed his corpse to my Pikmin before his party can try to revive him.

TheVill4ger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wasted_Freddy
3DS FC
2621-3977-0203
Quantum Foam Manipulation... wait, what does that do?
I looked at the ability. Good God, that's overpowered.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Selective Invincibility.

"The power to be unbeatable on a certain field, activity, etc."

Well... I'll be Invincible at Smash then.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Out of my two rolls, I got the ability to control a certain type of parasite, and outright power immunity. Obviously I'm going to go with the latter.

Originally I thought I'd end up losing to Snake due to Snake not having any powers, but then I read that I'd also be immune to both pressure, physical forces, impacts, and weapons. So no matter what choke-hold I'm in, or what punches/swords I'm hit with, or what guns I'm shot by, they just won't work. I thought I ended up having a pretty glaring loop-hole, but nope. I'm OP.

Last edited:

Kaprica

Smash Rookie
I got Gravity Infusion and Empathic Air Manipulation.
Gravity Infusion sounds deadly enough *cracks knuckles*
Alrighty, who wants to go first?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hmm..... I got some interesting ones.

Phenomenon Embodiment and Future Embodiment. I'll go with Phenomenon Embodiment. I can become a literal force of nature and manipulate the laws of reality (but not outright break them, because doing so could be disastrous to everything including myself). Most characters would be easy to defeat, but I think :4pit:, :4sonic: and :4shulk: could be problematic.

:4olimar:: Summon a hailstorm. It would be like raining boulders to him.

:snake:: Encase his cardboard box in a heavy material (ice, stone, metal, etc,). He's trapped.

:4pikachu:: Earthquake. Ground > Electric.

:4ryu:: One up him. Bend the laws of reality to use a flaming OHKO Shoryuken.

:4pit:: He's pretty much immortal, so I'll just trap him inside a tornado and rain meteors on him. I'd like to see him get out of that.

:4dk:: Make one of his bananas so dense inside that once he ruptures the peel, it explodes in his face.

:4link:: Open up the earth underneath his feet and send him into a bottomless pit.

:4mario:: Black hole.

:4megaman:: Manipulate the earth to form spires that are like spikes.

:4kirby:: Form a gravity well that flattens him.

:4samus:: Crash her suit's systems so it becomes effectively useless.

:4sonic:: Hedgehogs can't swim. Tsunami incoming. Just gotta hope that his Super/Hyper form doesn't outlast it. Or that he doesn't find a conveniently placed air bubble.

:4shulk:: I might actually lose to him. He could protect himself from my moves with his Shield Monado Art. I'd have to go close combat to try to outlast his Shield, and then try to pelt him with stuff if he goes for Speed. Could possibly reach a stalemate of some kind (which might include me outright breaking the laws of reality and sending us both to oblivion).

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I actually got Precognition or Absolute Counter, which makes me by definition a Fire Emblem fighter... but both lead to interesting situations. I'm going to pick the latter.

:ultolimar: - So, we have an interesting question here. How do I practically counter someone who is literally a quarter of an inch tall? Let's say it takes the form of a shield or something, but then we have the point that every single one of Olimar's Pikmin needs to attack me. By definition, my ability is to "Counter every attack and kill the attacker." Even so, and even if that means the act of so much as breathing on me will kill you, if even one of the Pikmin doesn't attack me, I then have to attack - at which point I lose my buff. Even so, though, it's possible for me to win... so let's say I do for convenience.

:ultsnake: This will completely depend on if Snake has been watching me until now, and what Snake knows about me already. If Snake knows that my ability is, well, this - he won't attack me at all. Maybe he could pull some JoJo **** and find a way to immobilise me without attacking, such as through poison, but that then depends heavily on the definition of an "attack." If he hasn't got info, though, he just dies. Straight up.

:ultpikachu:So, we have a couple of genuine questions with Pikachu here. First up, is my counter's effect purely physical? Sure, it's an "absolute counter" but it's quite possible that this will only apply to physical - meaning Pikachu could fill me with several million volts in a similar vein to how he dominated legendaries like Tyranitar. Also, Electric type moves are weak against Electric type Pokemon, meaning that Pikachu will feel half of the effects he sent into me... but shouldn't he just die anyways? Anyways, I'll call it and say that he attacks with like, Quick Attack, and dies instantly because of it.

:ultryu: Ryu, luckily, relies on physical attacks. Even if he sends a Hadouken at me, I can just counter it back. The act of punching or kicking me kills him. Instantly.

:ultpit:SCREW YOU AND SCREW YOUR MIRROR SHIELD. Okay, so here, we have a problem. Pit's Three Sacred Treasures are powerful. Like, very powerful. Most notably in my case, the Mirror Shield. Now, in canon, this is a little confusing but I think I can say with relative accuracy, if Pit fires an attack into me, then it's a stalemate. Instantly. See, the Mirror Shield can pretty much reflect any projectile. Pit's main weapon is a bow. So, he fires an arrow into me, and I automatically counter it. If Pit can physically get the Mirror Shield out in time, stalemate. I can't outmanouvre him, and thus I can't get the arrow behind him somehow. The reason this is an issue is that it just becomes a battle of sheer patience. If Pit moves from behind the Shield, I win. If I don't just collapse of sheer exhaustion from not eating or drinking in like, a week, I win.

:ultdk:He's a gorilla, he can't bend reality or something. The minute he slaps me, he dies. Instantly.

:ultlink: Okay now Link is a weird situation, because there's actually quite a lot of items in his arsenal that aren't technically "attacks" - such as the toadstool from Link's Awakening (though given that I'm not made of liquid and happen not to be, like, a Chu, I should be fine.) The issue is that a lot of his items are projectiles or projectile-based, and as with Pit, he has a shield and a surprising amount of mobility with things like the Clawshots. Even so, the Mirror Shield isn't big enough to practically cover his entire body, so maybe like the 17 Bombchus he tosses at me just come back.

:ultmario: The problem with Mario is that he's durable. Very durable. See, a lot of his attacks are pretty weak, but he can survive point-blank exposure to a black hole. Even so, "Absolute Counter" kills instantly, so Mario just dies I guess. Bear in mind, even if he has every single weapon from his game, and uses his cape as a means of deflecting projectiles whilst riding Yoshi or something, the problem is that Yoshi fires a fireball, dies instantly, and then its a matter of how long until Mario gets dizzy and dies a firey death whilst I just like sit and read a book or something.

:ultmegaman: Mega Man is an awkward situation, because he's essentially Pit but worse. For instance, let's say he calls in Proto Man. Proto Man's shield can deflect any projectile. Proto Man fires a projectile at me. I reflect it. Proto Man does the same. Furthermore, Proto Man is a robot. He does not tire. Even Mega Man could handle this with the Jewel Satellite, a shield weapon that surrounds him and reflects any projectile - so if he yeets like, the Black Hole Bomb at me and I just reflect it, we're sort of playing Dead Man's Volley with a ****ing black hole at this point. Unlike Pit, who could just die of exposure or something (even though I probably could too,) Mega Man would have to be genuinely stupid to lose to me - which is a very funny, but interesting roadblock already. I'll still continue, but if there is any character who just stops me in my tracks, it's Mega Man.

:ultkirby: Even with every single copy ability, one has to ask - what if Kirby copies me? Then, he has absolute counter too. So we're... just a pair of gods that could survive the heat death of the universe. Clear stalemate.

:ultsamus: I think I could beat Samus. Despite the fact that she has various additions that would reduce her attack power, the act of attacking me just ends her so like... what would she do? Send her ship in? Even if she were to use projectiles, I can still fire them right back, so she'd wind up dying somehow.

:ultsonic: Unless Sonic were to conveniently instashield (like in Sonic 3) every single time one of his attacks returns at him, he'd still die. Moving at faster than the speed of light is cool and all, but it doesn't defeat "absolute."

:ultshulk: Put it this way. You cannot defend against an attack if your physical form does not exist. Shulk wins.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
1st Roll: Injury Extension.
2nd Roll: Archetype: Lumomancer.

I take Lumomancy.

I pick up :ultolimar:, intending to put him in a glass jar where he can't hurt me or command his pikmin. I underestimate my hand strength, crushing the tiny astronaut using only my fingers. I convulse at what has just occured and proceed to break down sobbing as the Pikmin panic and scatter.
:ultdk: is a gorilla. He is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultmario: is a plumber. He is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultryu: is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultlink: is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultsnake: is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultmegaman: is either crushed by gravitational pull or subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun; either way, he is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultpikachu: is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds.
:ultpit: is subjected to 5,778K degrees by direct exposure to the ****ing sun and is promptly obliterated within seconds. Ironic.
:ultsamus: The scorching temperature and crushing gravity only barely manage to deplete all of her Energy Tanks before she has a clear enough shot at me. I am instantly reduced to a bucket of KFC extra-crispy fried chicken because she forgot to turn on the Ice Beam powerup she found earlier. The sun dissipates instantly, and she goes to refill her energy tanks and the nearest save station. This incident is never to be spoken of again.
:ultsonic: N/A
:ultshulk: N/A
:ultkirby: inhales the entire KFC bucket of fried chicken. it tastes delicious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom