• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You think there's going to be any secret characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
There's less than a month for the 3DS version to be released in Japan and with it the final roster will be known.

However, something I was wondering about since Toon Link's announcement was if the game would have secret characters. I don't mean unlockable ones, as I'm sure there would be, but characters not revealed publicly.

The revealed roster as of now is of 37 characters, and while I'm not stating there's a character limit, it's undeniable that's already a large number.

Marth, Luigi, Toon Link and Lucario have been publicly announced while they have been secret characters in previous games, what's more, Marth even appears on the 3DS cover. However, being secret in one installment doesn't means to be in the next one, Captain Falcon and Ness in Melee are the prove of that.

Also Mr. Game & Watch appeared in Pac-Man's trailer and unlike Charizard and Captain Falcon who were announced on the official site after they appearance in Greninja and Lucina & Robin's trailers respectively, he hasn't been confirmed as a returning character, possibly indicating he's a secret character. Dark Pit deserves a mention, with how he appeared in Palutena trailer and we still don't know his role in the game; boss, assist trophy, he could very well be this even (before you say he's going to be an alt. costume for Pit or no clones, no alt for him was found in the Invitational and I highly doubt they would tease just an alt like that and that Lucina and Toon Link inclusion means clones coming back. Then again I could be wrong and Sakurai posted pics of new alts for characters post-Invitational)

What do you think?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think only veterans that haven't been announced yet will be secrets, since Sakurai wants all newcomers to have a trailer (Sonic got lucky to have his own trailer)

Booster

Smash Lord
Ridley will be playable after logging 50,000 hours/2083 days of continuous gameplay.

An alternate method is unlock all other characters plus Goku.

Seriously though, of course there will be secret characters

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yeah, I'm sure there will be. I think Sakurai will announce Ridley, Bandana Dee, and Ice Climbers, and then the rest will be secrets.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ridley is a boss character, like Yellow Devil
Unconfirmed and irrelevant.

I expect some characters to be secret, but honestly won't care super much if we magically get the full roster pre-unlocked, as then I can play as much VS as I want without inwardly wanting to go play single player to unlock everything. I'll still play single player modes all the way through regardless.

Niala

Smash Ace
I don't see any reason for there not to be as of yet. It's possible they underwent some changes with a new group working on the game, but I don't think that's evidence enough to assume the concept is going to disappear. It's still a piece of what makes Smash a unique fighter.

Ridley is a boss character, like Yellow Devil
Please do not get into this here~ There are plenty of places to discuss Ridley, I would prefer if this thread were to not become yet another.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Unconfirmed and irrelevant.

I expect some characters to be secret, but honestly won't care super much if we magically get the full roster pre-unlocked, as then I can play as much VS as I want without inwardly wanting to go play single player to unlock everything. I'll still play single player modes all the way through regardless.
Smash Run will probably be the first mode I'll play even if I haven't gotten used to the controls but oh well I really wanna try it out!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Smash Run will probably be the first mode I'll play even if I haven't gotten used to the controls but oh well I really wanna try it out!
If I wasn't going straight into a round robin tournament with my friends, I'd totally play Smash Run immediately. Alas, several of my friends prefer the game as a competitive game and likely won't want to do Smash Run unless it's a quick way to unlock characters/stages/whatnot.

That said, I hope Smash Run has some unlockables of its own.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
If I wasn't going straight into a round robin tournament with my friends, I'd totally play Smash Run immediately. Alas, several of my friends prefer the game as a competitive game and likely won't want to do Smash Run unless it's a quick way to unlock characters/stages/whatnot.

That said, I hope Smash Run has some unlockables of its own.
I play competitively but at least have some fun with the game also I mean it isn't just doing VS mode all the time. Do some Multi-Man and things also I mena if I did VS mode all the time I'd get bored so i'd at least play the fun modes that are in the game.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I play competitively but at least have some fun with the game also I mean it isn't just doing VS mode all the time. Do some Multi-Man and things also I mena if I did VS mode all the time I'd get bored so i'd at least play the fun modes that are in the game.
Same (I wouldn't say I play competitively, but that's because NC has no regular scene that I'm aware of and able to go to on any basis. Still the best of my group, though). Fortunately, people's class schedules will give me plenty of time to rush the unlocks in single player while others are in class, plus my fall break is the week after release. I'm hoping to come up with a score-based set of rules for some semicompetitive Smash Run, but I doubt I'll really be able to convince my group to play it.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Same (I wouldn't say I play competitively, but that's because NC has no regular scene that I'm aware of and able to go to on any basis. Still the best of my group, though). Fortunately, people's class schedules will give me plenty of time to rush the unlocks in single player while others are in class, plus my fall break is the week after release. I'm hoping to come up with a score-based set of rules for some semicompetitive Smash Run, but I doubt I'll really be able to convince my group to play it.
Luckily I'll be downloading the game on October 3rd (despite being a school night) But It's on a Friday so it shouldn't be that bad. I'll probably be one of those people at my school just bragging all day like "Bro I played it all morning since I downloaded it." as my friends probably start asking me dozens of question about the roster and stuff, then get impatient since they want school to be over so they can buy it and we can all play together.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
As I made this thread, I think I have to say this: No Ridley discussions people, I'm sure there's lots of other threads to do that.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am not confident there are secret characters. I believe the leaked ones are all characters present in the game. I would love to be wrong, though.
But heavily implied.
Please stop. This thread isn't about Ridley.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This discussion belongs in SSB4 Character Discussion, not the Smash for 3DS section.
Sorry, I'm new and still not all too familiar with being a member, but I'll take it in mind next time.

Last edited:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
Yeah, I'm sure there will be. I think Sakurai will announce Ridley, Bandana Dee, and Ice Climbers, and then the rest will be secrets.

why do you hope for bandanna de he is not coming get over it why would sakuri waste time doing that

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
why do you hope for bandanna de he is not coming get over it why would sakuri waste time doing that
What you really mean: Sakurai won't put him in because I don't want him. :laugh:
Honestly though, if I want a character I want a character. Deal with it. Also, 'Waste his time'? Last time I checked Bandana Dee was one of Sakurai's creations, so it wouldn't be a 'waste' for him.

Last edited:

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
What you really mean: Sakurai won't put him in because I don't want him. :laugh:
Honestly though, if I want a character I want a character. Deal with it. Also, 'Waste his time'? Last time I checked Bandana Dee was one of Sakurai's creations, so it wouldn't be a 'waste' for him.

okay your going to get your hopes up when he is not revealed

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
because fire emblem has a lot of characters that are important to their games Kirby only has those 3 that are important
1. Robin and Lucina have appeared in one Fire Emblem game. They aren't that important.
2. Bandana Dee is becoming more important to the Kirby series.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
okay i said to THEIR game that means only to THEIR games that means they were the main character to THEIR game has bandanna de ever became the main character no

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
We'll probably get a couple newcomers before launch then maybe 3 or 4 secrets like in brawl. Also anyone that was a starter in brawl will be announced before release like Wario and Ice Climbers while the ress will be revealed post launch. I also have a hunch Jiggs and Ness will be included in those couple of newcomer trailers (Ridley and Shulk?) like how Captain Falcon did

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@ captainghost07 captainghost07 and @ SS-bros14 SS-bros14
Please try to stay on topic. If you wanna discuss Bandana Waddle Dee or Characters in general, please do so in the correct topics.

As for the current topic, I'm more than confident that we will still have unlockable characters. Mr. Game & Watch practically proves it, unless Sakurai decides to reveal him sometime soon.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
okay i said to THEIR game that means only to THEIR games that means they were the main character to THEIR game has bandanna de ever became the main character no
Bandana Dee was a main character in Return to Dreamland, will be one again Rainbow Curse, and had some roles as bosses and helped you in other games. Just a final note. If you want to continue this... Well, let's not. :p
Back to the main subject, I have a strange feeling Mewtwo will be a secret character. Then again, it'd be much better if Sakurai announced him...

8BitBlackMage

Smash Cadet
I mean Slippy Toad, Obviously...

By that I mean it only makes sense for a few characters to be hidden, especially with a roster as big as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom