• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Must Recover: A Brawl Tournament - May 30 @ Gamezone RI

~You Must Recover: A Brawl Tournament~
Hosted by Xaoz and Game Zone RI

AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5754

Oh yes, it's time again for Fatal to take all of our money another tourney in RI!

Game Zone has plenty of TV's, but it's up to us to bring Wiis and copies of Brawl. So do that.

(copied from Bloodcross, who took this from Almo. Wow, good job plagiarizing, NE :p)

•Date
May 30, 2009

231 Broad St.
Cumberland, RI. 02864

•Contact
Game Zone (1-401-301-3334)
Xaoz's phone number (If you call after 10pm I will stab you) (1-401-861-0464)
Xaoz's AIM (xaozano)
Xaoz's AiB (Xaoz)

Contacting me through AIM or AllIsBrawl will be most efficient if you have any concerns. On the day of the tournament calling me would be most efficient, but after 9, you'll want to call Game Zone RI.

•Schedule (approximates)
- 9:00 - Set Up / Enter the venue / Unrestricted friendlies / Socialization
- 11:00 - Sign Up for Brawl Doubles
- 12:00 - Brawl Doubles Begin
- 2:00 - Brawl Doubles end / Brawl Singles sign ups
- 3:00 - Brawl Singles Begin
- 7:00 - IF WE HAVE TIME Sign up for Brawl Draft Crews (As Brawl Singles are finishing)
- 7:30 - Brawl Draft Crews Start / unrestricted friendlies
- 9:00 - (Approximate) End of tournament / Friendlies
- 10:00 - Game Zone closes

*Schedule is ALWAYS subject to change
*TV's will open up for friendlies as the tournament progresses.

•Entry Fees
Venue Fee- $5
Brawl Singles- $10
Brawl Doubles- $5 per Person, $10 per Team
Brawl Draft Crews- $5 per person

All prizes will be paid in cash.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%*

•Prize Pools (Crews)
1st- Even Split
2nd- $0

*If less than 16 teams sign up, the pot split will be 70/30/0.

I'll accept help from anyone willing to do so, considering this is my first run tourney. Any help is appreciated. :D

*Rules
-All Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes, with items set to off and none. All matches are best 2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are best 3/5.

-First round is double blind character pick. The first stage will then be determined by stage strikes. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played.

-Second and third games, winner bans a stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character, then the match can start.

-No stage may be played upon twice within a set unless agreed upon by both/all players.

-You will be DQ'd if you are excessively late for your match. If you are going off site, you should tell someone (preferably me, Fatal or Ron) where you are going

-Each player may select a stage to be banned from the counter pick list.

-In the event of a dispute for controller ports, rock-paper-scissors will be used. In teams the winner will select his port, the opposing team members will select theirs, and the teammate of the winner will take the remaining port.

-In the event of a tie, determine by stocks, then percent. If a tie still exists, play a 1 stock match on the same stage with the same characters to determine the winner.

-If Bowser's Klaw is initiated then the win will go to Bowser. If Ganondorf initiates a Ganoncide, ignore the outcome and the win will go to Ganondorf. All other suicides will be sent to the tie-breaker.

-Any action that causes the game to become unfinishable (glitching, freezing) will count as a forfeit of the match for the person who initiated the action.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned.

-Excessive stalling and planking are banned (250% rule)

-Dedede's standing infinite and Ice Climber infinite grabs are banned. Wall Locks are banned as well.

-BYOC (Bring your own controller).

-If you see someone doing something that is not permitted, please inform myself or another host and we will take care of it.

•Neutrals
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

•Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd