• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** you MK!!

NNID
MasterHavik
Well, by the way I put the title in this thread make sense. This one is really pissing me off, and I'm calling for some help. I'm posting off topic crap, but I'm jsut callign an S.o.S. If anyone askes why I get own with Mk with Sonic. I'll tell you, well for starters it almost impossblie to get in clsoe with Mk. And it seem all the things Sonic can do,are shut down by Mk air game, and ground game. In the end, help me!!!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Springs.

my Wii can't get online, but Spring tactics are somewhat effective vs MK.

Other things:
-F-tilt and F-smash seem to be able to outrange MK's smashes (I guess use charged Fsmash or Dsmash/B-air for KO kills)
-FF U-air (aim it to clap at the tip) can outrange his d-air
-Spindash defeats his infinite A
-Springs (as projectile) can defeat tornado, or be used to position a move to break through it (aim the d-airs!)
-MK doesn't travel vertically too well, strange as it sounds:
- - Tornado doesn't go down quickly, but it can move upwards.
- - Up-B loops around, but it's more of a horizontal recovery than anything.
- - Spring and D-air travel up/down faster than MK can fly or fastfall.
- - Side-B is his best vertical recovery, if what I read was right.
- All of his specials leave him in a "oh crap i can't do any moves" state except for up-B. Standing by the edge vs aggressive Metaknight (especially people who chase you with Tornado) = lolfails.

If caught in a combo, DI and SDI as much as you can away from it. I think the best way out of Tornado is down (if you're caught from midair) or sideways.

Snake is a harder match for me than MK's, I think.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Believe it or not, I've gone through the Rapid-A attack with homing attack. Yes, METAKNIGHT's rapid a attack. HA is a lot more effective than people say it is. And if you get above him in the air, Dair is a good move. But only if you're both a good distance from the ground.

I'm starting to think Sonic's holding out on us with hidden priority. I call autopsy.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
With meta, you want to get around his insane horizontal attack range. Full jump bair and nairs hitting him on the head is the way to go. Homing attack is really good against him because of the angle it comes in at. It also has just a bit more priority than metaknight's nair, but you will often trade hits.

Dair goes through his tornado, so try to jump/spring when he gets you inside it. I wouldn't recommend tilting him because trading hits with his Dsmash is definately not worth it. Just play safe in general.

He's easy to KO actually, dies at around 90% from a mid-high uair. You have to look out for his dair when going for those KOs though.

Things to pay close attention to are his Dsmash which is insanely fast, his upB which can mess you up when going to pursue him, the Glide attack which has priority over *everything* (Do not try to intercept meta when he's Gliding. That thing has a massive deceptive hitbox. Just wait for him to land) and his nair, which shouldn't be too much trouble.

IMO, Sonic is one of the characters that can camp against Metaknight effectively due to his speed, as he relies on timing and precision. You should be able to get off a good amound of grabs because most metaknights don't stay in the air too long.

The matchup is still **** in Meta's favor.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, by the way I put the title in this thread make sense. This one is really pissing me off, and I'm calling for some help. I'm posting off topic crap, but I'm jsut callign an S.o.S. If anyone askes why I get own with Mk with Sonic. I'll tell you, well for starters it almost impossblie to get in clsoe with Mk. And it seem all the things Sonic can do,are shut down by Mk air game, and ground game. In the end, help me!!!!
I can't really help b/c I don't use sonic, but I totally agree that MK's a ***.

Sonics priority is very weird... One moment im geting owned by jabs, the next I'm ownng Smashes O.o
Jabs and tilts have more priority over smashes, but smashes have more range. It's a universal trend for every character.

Edit: that's a blocked word? it's faq with a loop on the Q. sorry y'all

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
The thing I really have trouble with about mk is his incredibly fast dsmash. It is hard to get close when when they start spamming this move. it really makes it a tough fight.

Tenki

Smash Hero
use aerial approaches then =/

it's a sweeping move, so you can try doing double jump above and dropping a spring over his head while he's doing d-smash, falling with d-air then comboing into a tilt or something.

you can also try just shorthopping behind him and using a move like nair.

or you can run at him, then do spindash cancel (side b>shield) to fake out while stopping all momentum then use a f-tilt, new spindash/down b, or fsmash.

Tenki

Smash Hero
alot.

Most of the stuff I say is repeated off other tips that other people said before.

but just to humor you:
-how to do f-air (semi?)spike
-how to do u-air semispike
-how to consistently do f-tilt semispike.
-why homing attack fails
-the timing for a full spindash combo (can't do it consistently anymore ><)

._.; I just collect the information, haha.
Being knowledgable about stuff can make up for lower technical skill (dodging, shielding, actually doing the moves) sometimes :x

either way, there's alot that we don't know, but on the flip side, there's alot that's already been said that just keeps being repeated.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I battle this kid SiYkO alot who is a MK main, and he usually beats me.

If I have learned one thing agianst meta knight, its that you need to do a hit and run in Boston Style playing.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
My advice is that Metaknight's biggest weakness is in his approach. So try to clip with something as he comes in to attack you. If you can foresee when he's going to come in from the air or maybe with a dash attack, you can retaliate appropriately by moving in and catching him off guard.

That COMPLETELY changes when he approaches with his B moves, though. Stay faarrrr away from his tornado.

It's gonna be tough, but not being afraid to go on the attack and making sure you play unpredictably is the key to beating Metaknight. It's a matter of knowing when to do it and when to stay completely clear of him; if you just stay right in there and try to duke it out, it's just far to easy for Metaknight to get strikes in before you. So, be patient, and try to figure out any patterns your opponent might have that you can exploit.

Metaknight probably has one of the best approaches in the game, wo I have no idea what game your talking about Teben.

As for this Matchup, it's almost a hard counter. MK can basicially stop anything Sonic throws at him and Sonic can't handle anything MK throws at him because of his crappy priority.

Tenki

Smash Hero
If you mean the Tornado approach, that was mentioned- and he said it 'completely changes' when MK uses his B moves. His aerial approaches (the few that I saw that did have them) can be hard to break sometimes though.

There are many people that don't feel the effects of having bad priority because they simply don't attack at the same time someone else is attacking. Sonic can close in or create range when situations (good or bad) arise, like a Tornado, Mach Drill, teleportingcapemajiks, MK jab...

MK is a tough matchup for Sonic, but it becomes alot easier when his range and timing is more familiar (though.. it's probably true with any matchup)

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, everyone in this game has like laser whips, swords, and rocket arms and Sonic has to fight with his bare hands. Pretty unfair if you ask me, Sonic should get like a saber or something.

Top Bottom