• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Know When You Press Start Too Much When...

MeleeMan19

Smash Apprentice
I usually pres start to view my character's taunt, or when an explosion occurs. Do you do that? This topic is for what you saw what you didn't plan on seeing. For example, today I was playing Classic Mode, and I threw a Red Shell at Pikachu. Wehn I paused, it looked like Pikachu was riding the shell, but he was really taking damage ;) . So anything lke this happen to you? The title was inspired by the topic, You know you've been playing too much Melee when... I'll make up a list for this topic. So, to sart the list,

You know that you pause too much when...

1. You don't know what or where the Pause On/Off switch is in Vs Mode

2. You always be Peach and do a certain move ;)

3. You become addicted to pausing. Your friends freak out at you when you pause to look at your guy standing there for no reason

4. You start to see many unexpected things

5. You know what those green-explosions look like, and you can draw them perfectly

6. You buy a controller with Start being the largest button (yes, bigger than A)

7. You can stil pause when Pause is turned of in Vs Mode

8. Your Start button is worn out

Any more? Post them here! :D

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
You press Start to reset the match before you lose.

You pause every time your character uses a move just to see what it looks like.......

Tweagon

Smash Cadet
I hate it when people pause too much. My brother pauses for every little thing. It gets really annoying, and I always get distracted and die. You know you pause to much when:
-It takes over an hour to play a 5 minute time match.

**Fox McCloud**

Smash Ace
In X's house contacting my alien associates to abd
heheh i know how u feel.
U know u press start too much when.. ur flying a plane and ur about to crash and instead of slowing it down, u try starting it up when its already on.
When u pause the game every second thinking u saw the blue spiked shell.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: **Fox McCloud** ]</p>

J_v_r

Smash Apprentice
Didn't get the airplane thing...

17. When you're fighting with your friends, and anyone pauses at the middle of a battle, everybody automatically shouts your name.

Edit: illegal sig correction

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: J_v_r ]</p>

Snake6523

Smash Ace
I pause to mutch.Like for example i've beat the last Bowser in Mario64 like 57 times just to pause every time bowser hits a bomb,it looks realy sweet

n e way
-when you play vs. mode 5million time with roy
because you think his moves and jumps look sweet and pause every 3 seconds

P.S. Prbebly the only reason im hear is 'caus i am
on a "Post streak"where i post at like every topic
even if i dont like it so dont think i am obsest with pauseing for any reason then the one at the top of this post!
And yes i do know how bad my spelling is.

jet

Smash Lord
You know u use the pause button to much when you start asking santa claus for more start buttons

[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: jet ]</p>

POPS

Smash Apprentice
I didn't get the airplane one...

You know you've pressed start too much when:

You cuss at your T.V. when in training mode because you had that perfect scene

When you know the difference between start and pause(I don't)

When 4 people are pressing start at once and the screen never changes...

You get a new level for pressing start 1 million times

MeleeMan19

Smash Apprentice
The total so far:

1. You don't know what or where the Pause On/Off switch is in Vs Mode

2. You always be Peach and do a certain move

3. You become addicted to pausing. Your friends freak out at you when you pause to look at your guy standing there for no reason

4. You start to see many unexpected things

5. You know what those green-explosions look like, and you can draw them perfectly

6. You buy a controller with Start being the largest button (yes, bigger than A)

7. You can stil pause when Pause is turned of in Vs Mode

8. Your Start button is worn out

9. when you're watching TV you try to pause it.

10. When you see a fight a school you tell them to pause.

11. You press Start to reset the match before you lose.

12. You pause every time your character uses a move just to see what it looks like.......

13. Everywhere you see the word start you try to press it.

14. It takes over an hour to play a 5 minute time match.

(heh, i'll keep this next one for archives ;) and, what is he talking about?)
15. ur flying a plane and ur about to crash and instead of slowing it down, u try starting it up when its already on.

16. When you pause the game just to post about why you pause too much. :D

17. When you're fighting with your friends, and anyone pauses at the middle of a battle, everybody automatically shouts your name.

18. -when you play vs. mode 5million time with roy because you think his moves and jumps look sweet and pause every 3 seconds

19. You go mad in training mode

20. You pause too much when there is an imprint of a small circle on your thumb.

21. When you can pause in the pause!

22. I kno im pausing too much when my friends suddenly get board...

23. You know u use the pause button to much when you start asking santa claus for more start buttons

24. You cuss at your T.V. when in training mode because you had that perfect scene

25. When you know the difference between start and pause(I don't)

26. When 4 people are pressing start at once and the screen never changes...

27. You get a new level for pressing start 1 million times

28. You're pressing start now

29. Your desktop is a giant start button

30. You despise the VS on/off pause rule

31. You wanna go see Clock Stoppers ;)

beanbean

Smash Journeyman
35. You can't get into vs. mode (since you're only pressing start and don't move the control stick, always goes to 1-player)

36. You forget how to play the game.

Yoshi-lord

POKEMON RULEZ:):)
BRoomer
My secret Yoshi island, where I remain to be the L
37. Your joypad disintergrates in your hands as your fingers bleed as you have broken them on the start button and the blood clotting the joypad gets into the console and blows the thing up! :p Well done! :) You have killed 2 birds with one stone by accidently killing yourself and your console! :eek: Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

----------
Give it up, because now i'm back! :cool:

SSBGR8

Smash Apprentice
When you have Start Pressing flashbacks during school or when your at the mall, and just stand there in a trance thinking of your old start pressing days with all of your old systems.

You get home from a hard days work, and all you can think about is pressing the start button.

You press the start button.....With the game not even on, then wonder why the screen won't unpause.

You explain to your friends the exact chain of circuit reactions in your controller and the GCN that insue when the start button is pushed.

When you press start you make a pointing jestour at the TV and say "Now That is a Scene to Remember"

You create a Start Pressers Anonymous so you can talk to other start pushers and try to kick the habit as a group.

That should help.

E-Oreo

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Tweagon:
<strong>I hate it when people pause too much. My brother pauses for every little thing. It gets really annoying, and I always get distracted and die. You know you pause to much when:
-It takes over an hour to play a 5 minute time match.</strong><hr></blockquote>

When ever my brother does that i get mad cuz it always messes me up. I hate when people press start when your not ready to stop.

Royce-da-5-9

Smash Cadet
your friends have a rock ready to beat you to death with everytime you pause.........

this is me. man have i taken allot of rock beatings

Yoshi-lord

POKEMON RULEZ:):)
BRoomer
My secret Yoshi island, where I remain to be the L
You cause many people to die because you graphete the word on all the objects in life which say stop with the word start, thus many people will always cross the road and cars won't stop to drive perdestrians onto the newly coloured red tarmack roads! :D

----------
Give it up, because now i'm back! :cool:

Zone

Smash Champion
38.) When you Thumb is a nub

39.) Whenever someone walks infront of you, your Thumb twitches. (Like when pple walk infront of the T.V. so you pause.)

40.) IF you playing a Board game and you purposely get urself sent back to Start.

41.) When you try to pause your PSP, you leave a thumb print on ur Screen.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
When you have a T-Shirt with a giant PAUSE button on the front.

When you start carrying around your remote control to try to stop time.

Top Bottom