• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know, Im a little bit upset.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That Luigi's downB was NOT the poltergust. Maybe I WAS the only person on the boards who thought Luigi's Mansion was great, and maybe you are going to say "well, in that case, you got music and a stage, isnt that enough?"

Well, I absolutely love the stage, and the music brings back great, great memories of playing that game for hours.

But, I mean, Mario has Fludd, I just thought Luigi deserved his contraption as well. It had possibilities. Many. It could blast fire, ice, water, and suck in. This could also be useful. Gale Boomerang 2.0.

2/3 of the characters I know I'm maining, Im maining because of how much fun their games were for me when i sat for hours and played Gamecube (Pikmin, and Windwaker)

I love Luigi, and would certainly consider maining him, but every time I play him, and use his down B, I'd think "Aw man, I could be using the poltergust... this sucks harder than Kirby (lol)

I am not disappointed at all with the roster, the stages, the fact that there are clones(I actually like that), SSE, stage builder, any of that, I love it. The one thing that disapoints me, is that the many years I play Brawl, Ill be bugged by the fact that Luigi does NOT have the Poltergust 3000.. well, maybe Prof. E. gadd comes out as an assist trophy and uses it. Who knows...

have we unlocked ALL of the assist trophys yet?

Does anyone else at all share my pain of having no ghostbuster luigi?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for an E. Gadd Assist Trophy. He has made quite a name for himself in the Mario series. Not only did he develop the Poltergust, F.L.U.D.D., and Bowser Jr.'s Paintbrush, but also several contraptions in the Mario Party series.

I'm kinda glad Luigi doesn't have the vacuum. It'd be like a mirror to FLUDD. :/

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm hoping for an E. Gadd Assist Trophy. He has made quite a name for himself in the Mario series. Not only did he develop the Poltergust, F.L.U.D.D., and Bowser Jr.'s Paintbrush, but also several contraptions in the Mario Party series.

I'm kinda glad Luigi doesn't have the vacuum. It'd be like a mirror to FLUDD. :/
True, but in many cases, Luigi is a mirror of mario, not completely, but many similarities exist, mainly in looks now. So this would have fit I think. I'd say give it ice, which would vary from Fludd, as it would do damage and freeze, like the IC's down B, but better.

Oh well, too late for any of that now :(

MechanisMs

Smash Rookie
<3 luigi tornado, especially with it's insane recovery now =] it'd be hard to make a case in which the Poltergust would help with luigi's previously abysmal diagonal recovery.

it would've been nice, however, to have poltergust included in some shape/form, even if it was just a taunt.

no skin off my back that luigi instead received a huge buff to his tornado :D

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
<3 luigi tornado, especially with it's insane recovery now =] it'd be hard to make a case in which the Poltergust would help with luigi's previously abysmal diagonal recovery.

it would've been nice, however, to have poltergust included in some shape/form, even if it was just a taunt.

no skin off my back that luigi instead received a huge buff to his tornado :D
Lol, yeah.

Pretty sure unless the Poltergust was somehow like 5x better than Shine, I'd still prefer Luigi's ****-sauce tornado anyday.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I'm not dissapointed. I like luigi the way he is. If he had poltergust it would (as stated above) make him a mirror of mario. Because he keeps the tornado it makes him even more of his own character. Plus you don't have to do thumb push ups just to get him to go up with his Tornado. :D

Luigi player

Smash Master
I was a little bit surprised that he didn't get the poltergust. Since I never played Luigi's Mansion I don't really care that it isn't in Brawl though.

But I'm happy about the Luigi cyclone. The move really got buffed a lot!

Magnacor

Smash Ace
As much as I would have loved to have the Poltergust suck up projectiles and fire them back in the form of fire, ice, or water, but I suppose he needed a better reovery first. The Cyclone looks like it helps a lot.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't you see that Nintendo was trying to seperate clones. Instead of modifying Luigi they modified Mario to make them even more different. Only adding the vaccum would have made him more of a clone and that wouldn't be good.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Don't you see that Nintendo was trying to seperate clones. Instead of modifying Luigi they modified Mario to make them even more different. Only adding the vaccum would have made him more of a clone and that wouldn't be good.
Yeah, I saw this. And I realize why they did it, and Luigi is much better now, but I'm still sad that the Poltergust is not in the game at all it seems.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
God I always loved the tornado. I'm so glad they didn't give him some stupid gadget. The tornado was already good, and now it's improved even more?!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i thought brawl was too gamecube-ish already and i can't see how it would work well (and i love luig's mansion)

3D King

Smash Journeyman
I love Luigi's Mansion, and I bet it was discussed as a new move, but while they could make a use for Fludd (although not a very good use) the Poltergust would what? Pull enemies toward you? Why'd you want that? They probably saw this and decided Luigi's Down-B was better off staying the same.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I wanted Luigi to have his Poltergust simply because, to me, that is the only justification for Mario to have FLUDD. Mario gets a random contraption that he's only used in one game; Luigi should get the same. Equal but opposite. It better exemplifies the fact that they're connected by brotherhood while still highlighting the fact that they're different characters.

To me, the coolest thing about Mario and Luigi is how they're almost the same character imagined in two completely different ways. For example, the fireballs. Just the fact that they act differently since they're being used by different people, yet are still the same basic attack, is really cool to me.

That said, I think the Luigi Cyclone is much more functional than the Poltergust would've been. So, whatever.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Personally I'm disappointed that Luigi didn't get any different moves at all. I mean, he changed so much between Melee and Brawl, he finally could have become 100% uncloned, but no... :(

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'd agree with Luigi Poltergust for the sake of consistency with Mario's FLUDD, but I don't really like either of those contraptions, lol.

The Mario Bros. were always best with their bare hands and legs (and powerups).

Also, yes what he has already works juuust fine.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
But, I mean, Mario has Fludd, I just thought Luigi deserved his contraption as well. It had possibilities. Many. It could blast fire, ice, water, and suck in. This could also be useful. Gale Boomerang 2.0.
YEAH, IT WOULD BE A VERY USEFULL GALE BOOMERANG, POOR LUIGI HE DIDN'T GET ONE!!!!

I mean you should be happy.. Gale boomerang is an horrendous attack and instead you got a excelent an original extremly buffed recovery beast!

also.. just think if you have felt more represented if they add poltergust instead the music or the stage.. I don't think so... Luigis mansion is a great stage... and it's a nice way of representing the game... in the other hand, a game like eternal darkness will be very lucky if at least there was a sticker in the game, That's it underrepresentation! I think that you are just whining about nothing important ¬¬

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
YEAH, IT WOULD BE A VERY USEFULL GALE BOOMERANG, POOR LUIGI HE DIDN'T GET ONE!!!!

I mean you should be happy.. Gale boomerang is an horrendous attack and instead you got a excelent an original extremly buffed recovery beast!

also.. just think if you have felt more represented if they add poltergust instead the music or the stage.. I don't think so... Luigis mansion is a great stage... and it's a nice way of representing the game... in the other hand, a game like eternal darkness will be very lucky if at least there was a sticker in the game, That's it underrepresentation! I think that you are just whining about nothing important ¬¬
Well, in all honesty, I wasnt whining, so much as venting my disapointment that Luigi did not get his vaccuum. I know his recovery is amazing now, and Im glad for that, just, like I said, I wish it had been in the game in some form.

Kind of like K. Rool should have...but isnt... I dont get that...

Magnacor

Smash Ace

Useful's spelt with one "L" first of all, and maybe it would have been useful. He also gave possibilities for what else it could do like spit fire, ice, or water. The least they could have done would be to make it his grab. Everyone in this thread was talking about how it could have been used and calling one person a whiner and then going on to talk about how broken up you are over how Eternal Darkness didn't get represented is just stupid. Please think before you start flaming innocent people next time.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
I too wanted the Poltergust, but then I thought that, finally, Luigi was kind of uncloned by Mario having FLUDD. I mean, they weren't straight-up clones before, but the FLUDD further differentiates them. It makes me happy that at least one of the brothers stays consistent and will play like the Mario Bros. of previous Smash games.

Top Bottom