• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Flippin Tell Me There Is No Use For Down-b!!

j3ly

Smash Champion
HOW the hell has no1 told anyone about this - i just docovered how GOOD down B is!!!

I only just tried it on CF, but by god - even when he is on 0%, the final hit GROUNDS OPPONENTS.

So they d-cancel - get grounded, take a jab, forced to stand up - charged usmash to the FACE
They do not down cancel, are grounded anyway, take a jab - charged usmash to the FACE

Also it makes a decent failed-tech chase. Press B like 5 times if the opp is above you and grounded.

I may not have been clear when i said it grounds CF on 0% - the final hit sends him very low into the air, and he hits the ground - so it is techable, but on 0% the opp will likely not even think to tech a move that sends them so low, at least the first time you use it.

Clearly the more you do something the quicker the opp is going to catch on anyway. Plus its like the least used offensive move in the game, like in the top 5 i would say. In addition to noone suspecting mario to be a good char in the first place. Tourneys are fun lol :)
AAnd you can space the move during execution :)

Watch for ASDI and SDI though, im pretty certain that will nullify the move and set you out for punishment if you use all 8 hits.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
i don't know..Its a risky move. If its incorporated into a combo maybe... But as a combo starter? its way to risky. If you get mindgamed (your oponent is a skilled dash dancer) and you fall for it. The lag on that move would make it more than easy to get punished.

j3ly

Smash Champion
true say. i actually totally forgot about this when playin today
o well - regardless, knowledge is power nyah?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
U-air/dair to grab would be much more beneficial to Mario.

Resets are great and you should use them when you get the chance, but aren't really what you should revolve your game around.

Against decent people, I might thunder once or twice and never try again because by then they'd SDI and **** me for it.

Besides grab on CF = stock

Top Bottom