• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can crouch to avoid Wizard's foot

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I just noticed this. I guess it could be helpful but it's mostly just a neat little trick.

Sorry if this is old.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
You know, I find your sig offensive hippochinfat....

Just to let you know.
Political correctness sucks.

Plus, saying ignorant stuff can be funny :chuckle: : Americans are fat burger-eaters, the French don't wash and run from wars, Blacks all rap, the British drink tea, the **** are all exceptionally talented at videogames, Russians are all communists, Canadians hail the Queen, and Québécois separatists are close-minded (so ****in untrue).

See, now all of this is bull****, but I bet it cleared your mind up to see it, so you could keep some prejudices away.

Tenki

Smash Hero
speaking of... Ganondorf's down-B, this whole deal with being able to crouch under it- at the same time it lets you avoid things like bananas :D

Looper

Smash Journeyman
most characters can avoid it if they're laying on the ground after being hit

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
You know, I find your sig offensive hippochinfat....

Just to let you know.
Man is disturbed not by things, but by the view he takes of them. --Epictetus.

If you find yourself unhappy, you should look at your valuations and judgments and see if they are out of line with the universal reason (logos). If you experience unpleasantness at the hand of something, it must be that you have made a mistaken judgment. You have erred in responding to it; only by confronting each thing with apatheia, and logic, can you best stand to learn from the encounter.
Only in the judgment, the "I am hurt," are you hurt. (Marcus Aurelius) It is up to you to have a will that is in agreement with Nature. The good and evil cannot be in the world, fated by its own character to be the way it is. It is just in freeing yourself from the passions, practicing right reason, that you will find virtue.

[/Stoicism]

Well, this explains a few occasions of missed Wizards' feet. It misses foes who fall from a helpless position, even if you seem to travel through them. Guess the game says they're lying down.

Obviously programmed in specifically. Weird.

:034:

Smash Hero
This thread =/= racism thread.

I never even thought about crouching to avoid WZ. >_> Means Snake can just crawl under it.. And Kirby.. And maybe Sheik? Eh, it'll still work on most characters.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
You're right Flying Dutchman, this is a thread for discussing about crouching to avoid the Wizard's foot. Like Flying Dutchman, I have never thought about crouching to avoid the Wizard's Foot. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anyways, I shouldn't have posted my thoughts into this thread and should've just Pm'ed Hippochinfat about his signature. Hopefully extinction won't occur by one or more following whole-heartedly into what has been said by others. (Btw: How can I keep my prejudice away when I have not left any clue of judgement of others, but thanks for your input.... most stereotypes are for laughs, but I'm just caring for others now.... others may not be so open-minded)

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
whats wrong with you people.

This guy created this thread to inform people and you jerks just come and point the racist finger at him.

I am azain and I found that commercial hilarious It made me LQTM.

For those who claim that his sig is racist I say you all S U C K big time.

hippochinfat!! Plz dont change your sig I find it hilarious and these other guys just couldnt find good comedy if it bum rushed em. (keep on rockin)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
yup, it is very neat, kirby is probably the best at doing this. most characters can avoid it if they're laying on the ground after being hit
everyone forgets about jiggs :-/

anyhow, cool.
i'll have to try it out even though i'm the only one around here who plays as gannon sometimes.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
This thread =/= racism thread.

I never even thought about crouching to avoid WZ. >_> Means Snake can just crawl under it.. And Kirby.. And maybe Sheik? Eh, it'll still work on most characters.
Quite a few characters can do it.

Kirby, Snake, Jiggs, Wolf, Sheik, Squirtle, Metaknight and probaly some other characters like Ness.

Mario and Luigi can also do it but when they move there head up a bit to look left or right then can be hit by it.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Sorry to say this, but since I didn't want to create a thread out of it and it is somewhat relevant to this, I'll just say that the first part of Ganondorf's up taunt can evade Ice Climbers' Ice Shot.

:034:

Smash Hero
Sorry to say this, but since I didn't want to create a thread out of it and it is somewhat relevant to this, I'll just say that the first part of Ganondorf's up taunt can evade Ice Climbers' Ice Shot.
XD

10char

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... is anyone bored enough to make a list of characters who can crouch avoid it?

Also, does this work for Falcon's as well?

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's probably still hits, since his kick is more of a slide, whereas Ganondorf visibly rises from the ground a little.

Top Bottom