• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Can Cancel Landing Lag With Item Toss [Limited To Peach, TL, And Link]

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
So basically for Peach:

-She can instantly pull turnips out of any edge
-Whenever she has one in her hand she can get out of combos by canceling hit stun
-She can cancel landing lag by throwing a turnip out and happens to be able to aerial with one in her hand.

Could someone test with Peach:
Get hit by a very combo-y move at low percents while holding a turnip, (Like Mario's up-tilt), cancel hitstun using down-b, airdodge into ground, followed by turnip throw?

If that works peach will be pretty annoying to play against.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So basically for Peach:

-She can instantly pull turnips out of any edge
-Whenever she has one in her hand she can get out of combos by canceling hit stun
-She can cancel landing lag by throwing a turnip out and happens to be able to aerial with one in her hand.

Could someone test with Peach:
Get hit by a very combo-y move at low percents while holding a turnip, (Like Mario's up-tilt), cancel hitstun using down-b, airdodge into ground, followed by turnip throw?

If that works peach will be pretty annoying to play against.
If you don't have a turnip in hand (you already threw it to stop the combo) then you can't cancel landing lag and air dodging into the ground will put you in extremely high land lag.

Also Greninja is able to cancel landing lag with Side-B if anyone is interested. This has been long known but it's good to say.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
With Peach I have no idea, I don't really know her that well.
Me and D1 made a video on the tricks and set ups Peach can do with it. I have a whole lot more, but did not wanna make the vid to long. So I did think I feel are most important. Check it out if interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyuBVimjsng

I'm gonna enjoy making people cry with her.

Side note, any Peach realated stuff you wish to know, I made a guide of her in the Peach section, so check that out. Also happy to answer any questions you have with her. But in this case,lets keep her related to the tech while in this thread. Other questions on her you can ask in the guide. or message me.

Last edited:

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
I actually like this mechanic a lot. While this will make Link and TL better, it will definitly make Peach a monster when played right.

The only 2 problems I have about this mechanic is that, while it is a combo breaker, is punishable, at least I think. The reasons is because you do have a little bit of recovery after throwing a turnip and sometimes the opponent may go for an smash attack for the kill and lot of times to make you unexpect it, therefore you may not vector in time in reaction. Keep in mind, you can still vector while holding an item, but you need to be prepaired for when that time comes.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
The thing is, when doing this mechanic with Peach you lose a turnip and the opponent can totally predict it. A lot of times combos are dynamic so the throw arc of the turnip isn't perfect. It's still incredibly irritating on paper if it just outright cancels the hitstun and immediately lets her throw it, cause if it just cancels the hitstun then yeah the opponent is gonna eat turnip unless the toss has significant startup time(Eugh)

Either way there's some sort of trade but I still feel like it's probably gonna be gone come the WiiU version or even before then.

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Can link and toonlink aerial with a bomb, or is this limited to cancelling airdodge landing lag for them?

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
Can link and toonlink aerial with a bomb, or is this limited to cancelling airdodge landing lag for them?
They can, but you need to catch the bomb with your Aerial, because if you have a bomb on hand you'll throw it. Thes limits aerial cancels very much, but Airdodging and Arrow/Bomerang Lag Cancelling is great anyway.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
They can, but you need to catch the bomb with your Aerial, because if you have a bomb on hand you'll throw it. Thes limits aerial cancels very much, but Airdodging and Arrow/Bomerang Lag Cancelling is great anyway.
Is z-dropping still a 1 frame affair? If so then it wouldn't be that hard, right?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I actually like this mechanic a lot. While this will make Link and TL better, it will definitly make Peach a monster when played right.

The only 2 problems I have about this mechanic is that, while it is a combo breaker, is punishable, at least I think. The reasons is because you do have a little bit of recovery after throwing a turnip and sometimes the opponent may go for an smash attack for the kill and lot of times to make you unexpect it, therefore you may not vector in time in reaction. Keep in mind, you can still vector while holding an item, but you need to be prepaired for when that time comes.
If you space her moves and TLC (Turnip lag cancel) You can not get punished for **** with something such as a smash attack. Also her turnip toss has low recovery. I believe more then brawl this time around. If they try to push a button in this case, they are getting hit.

The thing is, when doing this mechanic with Peach you lose a turnip and the opponent can totally predict it. A lot of times combos are dynamic so the throw arc of the turnip isn't perfect. It's still incredibly irritating on paper if it just outright cancels the hitstun and immediately lets her throw it, cause if it just cancels the hitstun then yeah the opponent is gonna eat turnip unless the toss has significant startup time(Eugh)

Either way there's some sort of trade but I still feel like it's probably gonna be gone come the WiiU version or even before then.
They can predicted if you are predictable with it. You don't always have to TLC (Turnip lag cancel). I space a nair and fair on shield, then move back a lil, and see what the opponent does, then I can go in again with a turnip, and catch it with an attack like short hop fair, land, then TLC. or.....rotate my options. I don't have to do this each an every time. And if I space it like I explained in the video with grounded nairs, people can't really tell when I will do it. So you are only predictable if you do the same set up over and over and over. people will just block and you get punish cause they know what is coming and will just wait.

Remember, I can actaully fight with a item in my hand via floating. If Peach holds an item and I float to air attacks, she will NOT toss it. So I can space moves as I said before with it and then pull away to a jump cancel toss the other way, another air approach and etc etc etc..........many mix up options.

Top Bottom