• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Shield

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

While on the subject of shields, apparently there's no more light shielding in brawl :(

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This means it's slightly easier to powershield in Brawl, right?

Sharky

Smash Master
Still has egg shield, powershielding is still in (though now under the name of "perfect shield"). Lightshielding is gone, but yoshi's normal shield slides more than it used to.

Sharky

Smash Master
Still has egg shield, powershielding is still in (though now under the name of "perfect shield"). Lightshielding is gone, but yoshi's normal shield slides more than it used to.

EDIT: gah, sorry about the double post.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Ugh, I hate Yoshi's shield. If he could jump out of it, I would have actually played him competitively instead of just around friends in Melee.

I hope this other talk of Yoshi nerfs is a load of crap, I really want Yoshi to be good enough to play without it being a joke, or a friendly game.

Sharky

Smash Master
which "nerfs" are you talking about? I can confirm/deny them for you =)

also take a look at the yoshi guide, I'm sure that can help you out with your questions, too

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
Ugh, I hate Yoshi's shield. If he could jump out of it, I would have actually played him competitively instead of just around friends in Melee.

I hope this other talk of Yoshi nerfs is a load of crap, I really want Yoshi to be good enough to play without it being a joke, or a friendly game.
Yoshi's shield would be great if he could jump out of it. I wouldn't even bother complaining about his slow roll. His lack of jumping out of his shield is the weakness that bugs me most. Oh well, at least he got some other new tricks in Brawl.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
You'd figure that bursting out of an egg for a shield jump would suffice, but noooooo they just had to make it a shield-jumpless shield....

Meh, at least they give Yoshi his own shield animation, even if it does suck...

Opfer

Smash Cadet
While we're at it, could someone with access to Brawl test if Yoshi can still supershield?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, in Melee, when shielding, Yoshi would curl his body into a ball before the egg appears. This animation is 6 frames in Melee, which are invincibility frames (meaning you get neither shield lag, nor freeze frames).

I'm just wondering whether that's the case with Brawl as well, so it'd be nice if someone could try.

Top Bottom