• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Melee to Project M Change log

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I wasn't aware of any infinite chain grabs... unless you're talking about Brawl Yoshi's Grab Release thing, in which case, it probably won't work due to the physics changes/new fall speeds.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Down throw is Yoshi's go-to combo option for throws. Against fastfallers around 30%+, you can juggle with DJC Uair repeatedly until around 70-90%, or get an Uptilt or Upsmash and continue from there. Against everyone else, it depends on the %. Some characters can be juggled with DJC Uair at low %, some characters can be juggled with Uptilt, and for some, your only real option is to throw an egg at them.
ok, thanks. It seems a little harder to do, but I guess the opponent doesn't have as many options with it. Thanks :)

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Hammy I'm glad to see you so upbeat and social when discussing Yoshi :)
How could I say anything about Yoshi without feeling/sounding upbeat? He's the happiest character in the game!
For srs tho he's just really good, PM Yoshi's a nice character.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
: D awww, thanks! that's the nicest thing you've said to me!

edit: in b4 "uguu~ senpai noticed me!"

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
So

guys

quick question

after all these changes...

.... why can't Yoshi tether recover with his tongue?

hamyojo

Smash Ace
So

guys

quick question

after all these changes...

.... why can't Yoshi tether recover with his tongue?
Because Yoshi doesn't like how ledges taste!

Anyway, update after playing more. I'm pretty sure Yoshi's dthrow sends more out than it used to and that's why it's hard to follow it up with anything other than a nair :c

And I got a bunch of footage recorded, so I'll be able to share that with everyone soon. Yoshi on.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i'm pretty sure it's DI dependent, but yea. I end up following up with nair more often than not, but uair is still usable. I think it works when they don't DI, which might account for the change? The dthrow is probably more DI-able

hamyojo

Smash Ace
i'm pretty sure it's DI dependent, but yea. I end up following up with nair more often than not, but uair is still usable. I think it works when they don't DI, which might account for the change? The dthrow is probably more DI-able
Of course it'd DI based, I'm just assuming the opponents know how to DI in this thread.
I'm never sure which throw to use now, but uthrow has been working alright for me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
not DI-ing a throw doesn't mean they don't know how to DI though. No DI is one of many DI options, and is sometimes the optimal one. It's a mixup, at the very least.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
not DI-ing a throw doesn't mean they don't know how to DI though. No DI is one of many DI options, and is sometimes the optimal one. It's a mixup, at the very least.
I'm just trying to identify guaranteed follow ups ^^;;
One could say that you could jump up and rest out of Puff's D-throw, but it's not guaranteed.

Top Bottom