• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Island funsies

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So now that I've finally gotten a SDTV to practice on, I've been playing around in Training Mode practicing GR timings and movement tricksies. After testing some stuff on Yoshi's Island, I've come to the realization that we should really be taking people here more often.

Let's face it: One of the worst aspects of Bowser's game is his ledgegame. He's great at pressuring a lot of the cast when they're on the ledge, but when it's vice-versa, Bowser doesn't have too many options. But the ledges on Yoshi's Island helps us a LOT.

Since the ledges are slanted, it's VERY easy to perform a ledgehopped Klaw to regain our second jump. And since the ledge is slanted, Bowser hardly jumps at all off the ground when he successfully Klaw Hops, meaning we can in essence "cancel" Klaw to ANY attack: Jab, ftilt, dtilt, upsmash, fsmash, or better yet, Fortress. Klaw Canceled Fortress is a great way of getting away from the ledge so that our opponents can't keep trying to pressure us offstage.

Ledgehopped Firebreath is also VERY easy to do on this stage. If you miss, though, you're dead. XD

I'm also finding Fortress Hogging to be really easy on this stage thanks to the slanted ledges.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on the Bowser boards before--I don't recall coming across it before, and I've never seen videos of one of us using Klaw Canceled attacks coming back from the ledge on Yoshi's.

If you guys would like and it hasn't been discussed/discovered before, I can upload videos tomorrow.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Those are all neat things the stage has going for bowser but its the whole giant platform in the middle that ruins it for bowser. Projectile users can camp. They are safe from aerial threats. Bowser dies too easily from the sides. Shy guys can mess things up

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I used to really hate the giant platform in the middle, but I MUCH prefer it over Battlefield platforms since the Yoshi's platform tilts back and forth. If Bowser's on the platform, you're likely to at least have a side that's higher off the ground so that your opponent can't pressure you as easily.

As for the Shy Guys, I don't see how they mess up things for Bowser. If anything, they can extend his hitboxes.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Shy guys are shy guys. I guess i can see it work a little. Even with marth, my secondary, i dont really like it. Maybe i need to play on it more. Still, u cant ignore the fact that bowser can be easily edgehogged or even killed on the side boundaries. Lucario diddy squirtle and sheik can wall hug. Maybe. I dont play there often so maybe i should play it more before i make my decision

B!squick

Smash Master
I've never seen videos of one of us using Klaw Canceled attacks coming back from the ledge on Yoshi's.
Then let me introduce a player by the name of MrEh. He's kinda good with Bowser, or so I've heard. There might be videos of him on YouTube. *shrug*

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Then let me introduce a player by the name of MrEh. He's kinda good with Bowser, or so I've heard. There might be videos of him on YouTube. *shrug*
Direct me, por favor!

I've seen a bunch of MrEh's videos, but I haven't come across one where he does that on Yoshi's.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm only assuming I saw him do it on Yoshi's because he goes to that stage alot. I didn't want to look for the vid, but I guess I have to now. ._.

EDIT: Blah. I know I've seen it and you know what it looks like. :p

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
You can do all of these ledge tricks on all the other neutral stages with Bowser, especially on BF and SV; It's a little more difficult on FD because there's actually a way to **** up and there's a penalty for it (I wouldn't bother trying Lylat honestly), but I do see what you're saying.

Top Bottom