• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Eggs as a recovery

intOx

Smash Cadet
Anyone else use yoshi's eggs to get that bit of extra height to recover?

Certain situations require me to use my second jump while I'm off the edge and just barely making it back to the ledge by using an egg toss for a little bit more distance/height.

edit: In melee yoshi would just keep falling in the air but now he gets a bit of an "ariel hop" out of throwing an egg.

intOx

Smash Cadet
i'm asking a question so i obviously know.

now stop trolling me.

just trying to spark a thread YA DIG?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Good thing that the Egg Toss gives Yoshi some more air time. That has always been Yoshi's problem back in the last two games.

Polish Rifle

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that if anybody is aware of it they use it to get back on....

But speaking of Yoshi, what do you think of his "rolling egg" attack?

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
WTF! Yoshi has no DJC?!! Where has this information been the last 6 MONTHS?!

lol, ok no seriously - did you really think that no one would see/use this? The game has been out for weeks in the US, months in Japan. as well as this being said on the dojo a while ago.

If you're new and you've found a gamebreaking technique, search. its already been said.

intOx

Smash Cadet
i'm just asking a question guys. if you want to troll me for asking who else uses it to change part of their game up then you're pretty lame. how about try adding to the thread instead of making pointless replies? i mean egg roll technique? DJC? come on... what i pointed out isn't that obvious if you don't use yoshi. the fact that you get a bit of air when tossing an egg? that's extremely helpful for yoshi on the ledge... you can use it to hop over someone ledge-guarding then back air them off the ledge... this is the kind of stuff i want to see people replying with, not your nonsense.

sigh.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
The reason you are getting the replies you are is because anyone with any clue how to play the game knows and uses Yoshi's Egg Toss to recover. So there is really nothing to discuss. It was said on smash dojo and people played the demo at E for All which Yoshi was playable that Yoshi could use his egg to recover.

Btw I wasn't trolling I was really wondering cause everyone knows and uses it as I said above

intOx

Smash Cadet
was just asking :\

i had no idea until i actually bought the game... didn't watch E3 videos and what not. guess i'm not as up to date as most people are eh?

Christova

Smash Cadet
Looks like someone fed the trolls a little too much today.

To the OP, yes, it's common knowledge now that upB gives a slight boost, but if you're just coming from Melee and haven't read the site you probably wouldn't know that.

Sharky

Smash Master
C'mon guys, we don't need to harrass the guy just because he didn't want to spoil the game before he got it. That's not the way of the Yoshi. :yoshi:

Anywho, welcome to the Yoshi boards, int0x! =D Just a little friendly bit of advice, check out all of the threads around the forum, lots of stuff has been covered already, as you can tell lol. I particularly recommend checking out the guide thread, which you can check out by clicking here. I'm totally not advertising it because I wrote it...>.>...<.<...>.>

lol but yeah, check out everything the boards have to offer, and have fun here at smashboards! =D

*pokes powers that be* this thread's served it's purpose, tis closing time =)

Top Bottom