• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Blindspot

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
How do you guy's deal with this problem? If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the area slightly forward and above Yoshi's nose. I seem to have trouble getting people out of this spot, since it seems I can't do anything safe to the person in that area.

Pride, how do you deal with what Inui does? lol

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Dealing with this area is super tough.

I'd like to hear what PRiDE has to say, it's easily my worst defended spot.

TheFast

Smash Lord
DR to upsmash >_>
jk

Really if their charater is not touching Yoshi's noise in respect to in front of him (Not above) Up-smash wont hit. Its best to try to side step their attack and reply with one of Yoshi's quicker moves vs trying to stop their approach all together.

If only Yoshi could still egg in place >_<

Chaco

Never Logs In
:yoshi: Dealing with this area is super tough.

I'd like to hear what PRiDE has to say, it's easily my worst defended spot.
Yeah it really is, a Snake player always Nairs me there. I know it's coming, but it's hard to defend.

Normally I just Nair, and retreat back into pivot to get distance.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
How do you guy's deal with this problem? If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the area slightly forward and above Yoshi's nose. I seem to have trouble getting people out of this spot, since it seems I can't do anything safe to the person in that area.

Pride, how do you deal with what Inui does? lol
what inui does? with snake? or how he acts? lolol.

I am not sure what you are trying to ask me.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Anytime someone enters that area automatically down-b. It doesn't matter where you are :lick:.
Yeah, like for some reason lately, I've been spotdodging -> down-b alot lately with great success. You could also follow that up with another spotdodge -> down -b if they decide to attack you directly after.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
When someone wants that spot, I toss up eggs, or duck and back away slightly to Dtilt on an obvious laggy attack. Enough eggs basically has them to leave the idea. DownB has it's uses, but the Peaches and G&W I face punish me in that situation.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
what inui does? with snake? or how he acts? lolol.

I am not sure what you are trying to ask me.
How he acts with snake and mk. First match I beat him. He adjusts and then ***** me to no end.

Also, Spotdodge to down b? I never thought of that. lol

Top Bottom