• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Wall of Pain?

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
Ok so Camalange, Darth Waffles, and I were playing some SSBM a few weeks ago and Camalange decided to randomly go Yoshi, fitting his whole "Imma use lower tier characters (i.e. CFalc and Sonic)". His basic strategy whenever he goes any character that isn't one of his mains is to do a Jiggz style Wall of Pain. Well in this particular case, it was very effective. It was very hard to approach, even with higher tier characters. Granted Darth and I aren't exactly pros in Melee, but I like to think we're pretty competent. So to see a Yoshi completely dominating a decent Fox and a decent Falco with simple short hop bairs and the occasional random move mixed in was pretty surprising. Thoughts on the Yoshi Wall of Pain?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm too good.

I find it funny though that you mention me using C. Falcon as a LOW TIER in the Melee discussion. And Sonic, who is banned at high levels of Melee play, so you shouldn't even go there.
Just sayin'.

Oh, I also mixed in short hopped/DJC Fairs. It looks so cool, leads to neat combos.

:093:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yoshi sucks in Brawl and Melee, any brick wall strategies (like, say, Sheik's WD back F-tilt or SH back Fair) you come up with are probably terrible and won't work except as a bit of an annoyance in the long run (although possibly in the short term; the very short term).

He does, however, have a nice bag of tricks to work with. But mostly just tricks.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
the wall of pain is spamming dairs but turning yoshi 45 degrees (super AT bro, don't ask me to explain it) so yoshi faces the enemy instead of the ground. Its pretty much unstoppable

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic? This is Melee section, not Brawl.
ewwwww brawl...
It's already been addressed that he was referring to Melee...

Just for whatever reason he just mentioned Sonic >_>

Either discuss the topic or bring up whatever points necessary...no need for pointless posts that don't help out the OP in any way.

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
Wow this thread failed in the end. There's like...2 good posts here. I love you all.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I play Yoshi for the lulz.

I mostly just SHFFL Fairs all day because they lead into combos, lol. Then I do JC Aerials because they make Yoshi look like a spaz.

Fun stuff.

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
i was watching a fumi video, he would full hop a bair then turn around with a djc nair. it was a wall of pain, sexy pain

Top Bottom