• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Vs Sheik

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
What do yall think of this match up. Tips i would give is not to charge at her. If your behind her. Back air kills. Lol dont get grabed. SPacing can change the whole game

Um i put up 2 new vids on youtube One is called chain, it was just ugly display lol. And my controller was just to rundown. I couldnt instant edge, run properly o espiecially soft sheild. But regardless he pulled off a great combo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XiXvRcxzo

The second one is Catch 22. I have great spacin i think aound 5:40's on the smash clock. And alright match. I still couldn't instant edge until it didnt matter. I think the best descion i made durin this match was running away from his sheild. Then countered with a dash attack to give him 11% damage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3pkoJB62o0

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I have no idea why I'm up so late. Or early. What the **** ever. Let's do this.

This matchup. Sucks. But it's cool, cuz if you get chaingrabbed, it goes by much quicker! ^_^ Just kidding. But not really. Anyway, I'm pretty out of it right now, so I'll say a few things and then come back to finish later on when my head is on straight.

Spacing is key. Sheik is naturally better at it, so watch out for tilt camping. CC tilts into down tilt to tech chase immediately. There should be no hesitation on pulling out at CC down tilt under 70% if you can.

Since Yoshi has such good CC, Sheik might grab to rack up the damage and then start tilt camping without fear of retaliation. Good thing you've got jabs. And wavedash back jabs. And wavedash forward jabs. Jabs are good. Beat dash grabs with down tilt or wavedash back forward smash. Watch out for the killer triple length grab Sheik has. Nasty business.

Uh, don't roll? Yeah. Don't roll, don't spotdodge, don't approach unless it's with back aerial or a DJC aerial. The nice thing about this matchup is that you can DJC with relative carelessness under 100%. Trading with Sheik via DJCs is good since you can live twice as long as she can.

Speaking of which, Sheik should not be living past 150% tops (unless you're fighting some sort of uber-Sheik, and even then, that's a bit high). If she's getting that high, start seeking out a neutral air/downsmash hit for a free edgeguard. While I'm on it, Yoshi lives forever (especially on Pokémon Stadium for some reason). Yoshi should be getting KO'd at around 170-220%. Be smart with your DJ. Don't waste it. It can save your life.

Uh...oh yeah. Combo. This. *****. In the words of the immortal Mike G., "Sheik can't combo you if you're busy comboing her." Once you get a launcher (forward tilt, up tilt, upsmash, up air, down throw, up throw, Egg Toss WTF), combo the snot out of her cuz you'll not likely get another chance to hit her. Also look out for down tilt and jabs (at medium percents) to give free tech chases.

Lastly, don't be so quick to punish Sheik if she makes a mistake. Be patient in this match. Oftentimes, you'll try to punish her and she'll turn around and either jab or forward tilt you, either of which lead straight into a KO move or into a grab (a.k.a. a KO move LOL GTFO). Just...meh, I can't think anymore.

Don't get hit.

Don't get grabbed.

Don't die.

You know the drill.

What the ****, what time is it?

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Ive got a friend who plays shiek, and it really pisses me off. One thing of learned is try to NEVER GET GRABBED!!! I've noticed that when the shiek sends you into the air(atleast with my friend) is she'll jump up immediatly and try to up-a or forward-a(the karate chop one?). What I do here is double jump to avoid Shiek's attack and make her think that you are running away and then immediatly go into either a down-b, or a fast fall nuetral-a.(other ideas might work as well, but these have given me my best results). When I'm stuck on an edge, I've found that a double jump into a forward-a works pretty well, just as long as you don't spam it. We all know what happens to a DJC yoshiwho gets hit :urg:

Anyways, thats all I've got so far, I hope it helps!

Hal-Yur-Azn-Pal

Smash Apprentice
Once you get her off the egde then try to edge guard her (d-tilt, fair) as soon as possible cuz once she presses b-up then she dissappears and all that. Also if your on the ground and you know that she's coming for a fair then charge up and f-smash or wavedash back and f-smash. Though if you do get grabbed DI away then start smashing Y (or X) as fast as you can to get away from getting grabbed again.

Top Bottom