• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi vs Falco.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I know you guys aren't there on your match up discussion but im quite curious for your opinions.

From your first outlook on this, who do you feel has an advantage, it clearly looks to be falco right?
However Yoshi boards have found a CG and an inescapable spike from CG on falco.

With this, does 1 combo cause Yoshi and Falco to go even or... I don't know.

Anyways just want some opinions and stuff on this, please and thank you.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
ya Yoshi has one on Falco too.

But Like Metaknight Without it Falco seems to clearly decimate yoshi so I was wondering how people feel about yoshi.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Don't get grabbed...
Yoshi's pivot grab is amazingly fast, and since it's his tongue has longer than normal range. Just saying

I thought Yoshi had the grab release CG on Falco but not the spike, i don't remember seeing falco's name on the list of spikable characters when i last looked.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Falco: *Update!* Yep! Falco's Fair Spike is indeed inescapeable! Just like MetaKnight and the others, If Yoshi reacts perfectly (Which is only possible offline), Yoshi can hit Falco exactly 1 Frame after he recovers from the release. What makes this better is that if you cancel out his Double Jump, he dies at ANY PERCENT!
Yoshi's going to get a grab in at least once during an entire match, but

Falco's reflector and lasers cause trouble for yoshi which makes me lean that Falco hasn't changed much for yoshi and is still a difficult match up.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
It's too hard to approach Falco on the ground for it to make too much of a difference in my experience. You can still outcamp us.

Edit: Why are these "Vs Yoshi" topics popping up everywhere?

Mmac

Smash Lord
This is like the 3rd "Vs. Yoshi" Thread I've seen today.....

Anyways, Yes, he can Chaingrab you, and yes, he can Fair Spike you on Release, which is unavoidable. It's been tested fully, and it's true.

We both know that Falco always had the upper hand against Yoshi, and (Used to be) one of his hardest matchups. However, we now have something that can possibly change the entire matchup into his favour, or some people say (I think so >_> ).

Yeah, Falco is still a ***** to approach, but personally, I find no problem grabbing Falco's when I get close. Falco isn't stopped by platforms either, so you can't counterpick stages like Battlefield to avoid it. I guess what Chrono wants is to see what your view is on this, and how you think this will effect the matchup

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Doesn't Falco also has a CG Spike?

Before it was like 70-30 Falco, now it will probably be 60-40 falco. since Falco has the upper hand if both didn't have their CG's

Foxfear

Smash Cadet
Yea but the grab realease fair spike is VERY hard to execute... I think I read they only have 1 frame to do it, so it requires some mad timing...

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Yea but the grab realease fair spike is VERY hard to execute... I think I read they only have 1 frame to do it, so it requires some mad timing...
So that makes Falco's CG Spike more effective? or does it not work on Yoshi due to SA Frames in his 2nd jump?

Mmac

Smash Lord
So that makes Falco's CG Spike more effective? or does it not work on Yoshi due to SA Frames in his 2nd jump?
Lets put this into a Point form

Falco:
-CG only works up to a certain % (Unless it's a different CG. This is the Dthrow CG Right?)
-Yoshi can break out of it with Nair (Again, unless it's a different CG)
-CG Doesn't travel very far
-Spike hard to execute

Yoshi
-CG Works at any %
-CG Travels at more distance at a faster rate
-Slightly Harder to execute

The timing isn't that bad, but it still needs some good reflexes to execute it perfectly. Not as bad as MetaKnight's though. That's a 1 Frame Spike. Falco is more like 5 Frames

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I don't like how every single Yoshi argument boils down to his grab which will kill and obviously makes the match-up in his favour.
By that logic, IC's obliterate every single character in the game and their mothers.
It's cliched, yes. But if you avoid being grabbed (which Falco doesn't have to change his playstyle by much to avoid), it's still fairly in his favour I feel.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Except there's a huge difference between Ice Climbers Grab and Yoshi's Grab. Also in the air, he has no way of defending himself from a grab when landing.

Cliche or not, Yoshi's Grab Game is a very important aspect of his game, just that some battles make it more important. Really, there's only like 4 Matchup's where Pivot Grabs play a key importance

Top Bottom