• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Super Jump?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
The only thing I can fathom is that you somehow collided with the frames from the beginning of G&W's Uair (the upwards gust of air), and that the collision canceled his attack animation.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
To me it looked like GaW used his upB and the trampoline gave you a boost upwards. Pause near impact, it definitely doesn't look like uair to me.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I was the G&W in this, and i'm sure I didn't input a uair there. It's not shown in that vid i think, but after/during he does the super jump and after i get naired by him, i do an Up B. Im pretty sure I was pressing the Up B to try to hit him with it, but cus of Wifi lag/since i got hit, the Up B was inputted twice may be, the first one being interrupted by his nair.

Kress

Smash Rookie
I think that is known by G&Ws that his UpB boosts other ppl. I once said that on a G&W forum at NH, they alredy knew it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
But I hit him BEFORE he did anything, thats the problem, and thats what puzzles me.

I'm well aware that his UpB/Uair has a wind effect, but I am not sure what frames they activate, or even how high it would have sent me

Chaco

Never Logs In
It looks like you did a double nair with a ledge hop in between, but that's impossible.

Mmac

Smash Lord
It looks like you did a double nair with a ledge hop in between, but that's impossible.
But If I did double, then it would have just send me up from a regular height from the ledge. that was NOT regular height

Chaco

Never Logs In
But If I did double, then it would have just send me up from a regular height from the ledge. that was NOT regular height
Well, not exactly, I think you once you hit the ledge you got the jump back and activated both at the same time with an extreme rising nair, this happens to me alot when playing around with DR strategies. You cancel quick enough that you don't even see the animation but you just do a rising nair.

But in this case the ledge makes it different.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I paused it at the Nair by Yoshi and it looks like the GaW used the Up B but it got canceled by the Nair. Look at it again. It might just be my eyes or something.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
GW has invincibility on his UpB. So he would've went all the way through if he actually got the move off
Correction: * 8 startup (he jumps on 9)
* 5 frames of complete invincibility

Also game and watch does propel you before the invincibility frames, during the startup...

So yea... it's not Yoshi at all sadly...

Mmac

Smash Lord

Also game and watch does propel you before the invincibility frames, during the startup...

But what frames does it propel, not to mention, how many frames does it take for the trampoline guys to appear?

Sharky

Smash Master
You can see something moving in G&W juuuuust before the nair hits, I'm pretty sure it was the up-b.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman40
GW has invincibility on his UpB. So he would've went all the way through if he actually got the move off

Aww :(

It's gotta be dem shoes!

Top Bottom