• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Potential Top Teir

Who's better?

• Fox

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 16 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
In all seriousness, I do think that Yoshi could potentially be in the top 4 in the future. I don't believe in the concept of "a great player using a poor character" when said player can break top 10 consistently at national/international events. Bad characters simply don't have the options to deal with the best players, period. Even if Amsa is riding Yoshi's novelty, I'm sure once more people get experienced against Yoshi he will still be able to adapt. If Amsa ever makes god status, I think people will finally come around. It's just so hard to evaluate a character if they have only one person championing them.

In general people have always been slow to adapting their views on characters, and the fact that Yoshi was considered one of the worst characters for so long makes it even harder for people to recognize that they could have been very, very wrong about their evaluation of him/her/whatever Yoshi's are.

Great examples of this happening before in which people never catching onto this was Axe's Pika and Taj's Mewtwo. Yeah, they are and never were gods, but they always placed well at national/international events, but since both characters were considered bad people just assumed they were statistical anomalies.

Last edited:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Apparently no one in this thread has seen M2K's pichu.
That's just one player though, not to mention that M2K said Pichu should be 19th on the tier list, which is still bad. Better, but bad.

Top Bottom