• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi/Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaineTheKing

Smash Rookie
I know there is probably a thread for this as there seems to be a ton for all the characters, but I just watched the "Perfect Link n64" on youtube and it inspired me to go here as the guy in the vid recommended it. I'm a very good super smash bros n 64 player, my best character being Kirby, although my favorite is yoshi. Kirby is quicker. That is the only reason i'm better with him. My technique with yoshi seems to make him my "signature" character though. Whatever, just thought i'd make a post if anyone still posts in the n64 section haha. Nice to be on the forums!

My top 4 characters: Kirby, Yoshi, Link, Fox

:yoshi64: :kirby64:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
that's not how ur supposed to enter the community. You're supposed to make a thread in the general 64 section about how you're the greatest player ever and isai should try his skill against yours!

Anyway welcome to the boards hope to see you online soon!

Sangoku

Smash Master
^ I think it depends how you try to play him. If your only strategy is to utilt, DJC dair, then utilt, usmash then yeah, that's a noob Yoshi. But when you try to be technical with him, he's a fun and difficult char.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Stop with your bull**** guys, how wouldn't I know? Can't I answer anyway? I wasn't answering to change sheer's opinion specifically (since I know that's probably not his opinion -_-), I just wanted to say what I think of Yoshi and his post was an excuse to start from something.

Battlecow

Play to Win
^ I think it depends how you try to play him. If your only strategy is to utilt, DJC dair, then utilt, usmash then yeah, that's a noob Yoshi. But when you try to be technical with him, he's a fun and difficult char.

:phone:
Dude, you said that to the most technical yoshi this side of prince, the dude who was parrying in 2006 and doesn't throw people off the edge because he doesn't enjoy gimping. We couldn't not comment.

Sangoku

Smash Master
If the problem was me using "you", it was because I learnt at school that the impersonal pronoun was commonly "you" in english. But maybe I should have used "one"? So I didn't say that to Sheer specifically (as I already said). It should have been: "It depends how a player tries to play him."

Anyway, I'm saying that a Yoshi could easily be a noob character if someone (see how I don't use "you" anymore) plays it like 90% of the people do (utilt dair), but he can get really technical and enjoyable if someone is playing like Sheer, Sossi or Prince.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
If it makes you feel any better, Sangoku, I caught your drift the first time. The people here are just looking to pick fights.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks semp, you're always the nicest guy over here <3. Anyway case closed. This thread is kind of useless too lol. Should I report it?

Battlecow

Play to Win
If the problem was me using "you", it was because I learnt at school that the impersonal pronoun was commonly "you" in english. But maybe I should have used "one"? So I didn't say that to Sheer specifically (as I already said). It should have been: "It depends how a player tries to play him."

Anyway, I'm saying that a Yoshi could easily be a noob character if someone (see how I don't use "you" anymore) plays it like 90% of the people do (utilt dair), but he can get really technical and enjoyable if someone is playing like Sheer, Sossi or Prince.
Chilllllllllll

It was just kinda funny seeing you tell Sheer that. I get that the "you" was in a general sense, but... not the kind of thing you need to inform sheer of anyways, as I'm sure you see now in retrospect. Just wipe dat foam off your mouth and have a little chuckle at yourself.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You really don't understand lol. I said I didn't want to inform Sheer of anything, but I just wanted to give my opinion of Yoshi. I don't know what "whipe dat foam off your mouth" means, but I won't look up so I can close the discussion here. And I'm reporting the thread since none of us is able to stop responding lol.

Edit: if by foam you were thinking of the rhabdoviridae family virus, then I don't know what to say. I'm getting tired of people assuming I'm angry when I'm perfectly calm...

DMoogle

A$
Welcome to the forums. It's strongly suggested that you check out online play to get a better sense of how good you really are in the Smash 64 world, and to improve. If you have any questions, feel free to post in the Ask a Question sticky thread.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom