• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi is top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesshero

Smash Cadet
DJC, invulnerable 2nd jump, heavy, strong, tricky, fair spike.

I know every character can be good
but Yoshi is top tier.

nesshero

Smash Cadet
oh and the only reason no one else realizes that Yoshi is top tier is because there are no videos of Isai playing with him.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
his down+b is pretty good i herd the stars can ohko on yoshi's stage if you land on a mine

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
The one thing Yoshi lacks that doesn't make him true top tier is a third jump. If you know how, you can really abuse his second jump. He is a very good character after that flaw though, although he isn't top, maybe above average (somewhere near Mario)

nesshero

Smash Cadet
Pikachu is probably the only character that's better than Yoshi. Yoshi's entire moveset is constantly useful, and his attacks are so powerful.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Doesn't Yoshi have a hard time zero-to-death comboing floaties? "Hard time" as in it's impossible without a wall of some sort.

nesshero

Smash Cadet
by the way, Sossi is not that good with Yoshi. Yoshi has incredible largely unexplored potential.

nesshero

Smash Cadet
Yoshi cant eggkill Kirby. He has 5 jumps. Break out right before you fall. Jump x5+ Cutter. Boom you live.
Yoshi can spike Kirby so easily, not to mention counter his cutter with dsmash or fsmash or any air attack.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Meh, the fact that I've beaten superboomfan's yoshi twice, once online, once on console, and havent beaten any of his other characters aside from Stink, Im gonna say fox/falcon/pika/kirby are still superior.

I hate kirby though. Yoshi is way more cool.

Yoshi! :)

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
kay, see you on EGX
I'll make you eat your words
You like being arrogant? let's be arrogant.

Taking poll now: Will I 4 stock or 5 stock this guy?

Place your votes!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
kay, see you on EGX
I'll make you eat your words
You like being arrogant? let's be arrogant.

Taking poll now: Will I 4 stock or 5 stock this guy?

Place your votes!
Who gives a **** about who can beat who online? Its not like its anything close to the real game so it doesnt prove -anything - about skill.

this whole ''Im better th4n u!11 no i am the 1 who is bettar!!'' thing I see all the time is really annoying.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
by the way, Sossi is not that good with Yoshi. Yoshi has incredible largely unexplored potential.
Sossi is amazing with Yoshi. And SmashThugZ would 5 stock you. :)

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
what you talking about, Dylan_Tnga
you use the same moves online as you would on console
there's nothing different in the gameplay
only thing that sucks is the lag and delay, but that just requires coping with it
You're saying like even if I 5 stock nesshero online, it wouldnt even matter because there's a chance he'd beat me if we played on console

And why are you even quoting me on that? I think you should've quoted nesshero's comment.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
what you talking about, Dylan_Tnga
you use the same moves online as you would on console
there's nothing different in the gameplay
only thing that sucks is the lag and delay, but that just requires coping with it
You're saying like even if I 5 stock nesshero online, it wouldnt even matter because there's a chance he'd beat me if we played on console

And why are you even quoting me on that? I think you should've quoted nesshero's comment.
Im not complaining about you in specific dude. You should school this nub 5 stock GG. Im just annoyed by the attitudes I see about online smash.. whos better than who, as if it actually matters.

And no, the DI is entirely different online than it is on console. People *cough dreday* can set their deadzone ultra high and use a GC controller, or just plain basically hack the game like Nephiros to achieve these DI's that just arent possible on an n64 controller on console.

And no im not saying neph and dreday are cheaters. They're cool people and skilled players, but no one's gonna deny their ridiculous DI. I dont wanna insult anyone here. Quite the opposite...

The problem with online smash is it's emulated, and the controls for each person can be customized, stick sensitivity being the biggest issue.

Also, theres the delay, as you mentioned.

Smash online can give you a good idea of how good you are vs other people, but I'm sorry, it does not compare to console smash 64.

They're so different that ''Im used to online'' has become an acceptable john for people who get pwnd on console, but **** it up online.

So what im basically saying is this :

Who cares whos better than who? Just go online and play, and don't john. Online smash ego's annoy me, and not only me.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
I'll just ignore those comments, since Im assuming they're not directed toward me

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'll just ignore those comments, since Im assuming they're not directed toward me
Why ignore them? Do you agree with me or not that basically everyone sucks at this game except a very small group of people, and that having an Ego based on your online ssb64 game is pointless and a waste of time? I wanna get some feedback on this.

Online smash 64 isn't Super smash 64, its a completly different game even if the differences are very small, they make a large impact. Most specifically the delay...

Its not worth it to play whos better than who games. I say just enjoy online 64 smash for what it is, fun. Not an accurate test of your skill, because it isn't. Console or gtfo. Online means nothing.

nesshero

Smash Cadet
Use Rest on Yoshi and he's dead at like 60%.

Point is, no one's going to run into a random upsmash. You have to combo into those things.
Yoshi's up-smash has a HUGE range (it goes all the way around him) and is relatively quick, so it's pretty easy to get someone to run into it. If Sossi used it more he'd be a lot better. And it's not so hard to short hop to dair to it or whatever.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
of course, like you said, playing on console would be much more meaningful for that sort of trivial thing
but, there's also the problem of distances
I could never play someone from New York in person, since I never travel
So playing online would be the next closest thing
this is a game, and in games, there'll always be a "who's better than who" thing
it's just a self competition for a player to think a little more highly of him/herself

and I dont know where all these arguments derived from
all I said was I wanted to play nesshero since he keep saying Yoshi is so good

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
I can take on two lvl 9 yoshi's. Yoshi has a great jump, and has a great down+a, but I find his moves really easy to counter with luigi or CF

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
I dont see how you can claim all these stuff when you're not even good with Yoshi
And can you go on EGX now

greenblob

Smash Lord
You can DI the dair, which is fairly easy to avoid in the first place.

You know what, Jigglypuff, Mario, Luigi, and Fox's usmashes are either stronger or just as strong, and they're probably faster.

nesshero

Smash Cadet
You know what, Jigglypuff, Mario, Luigi, and Fox's usmashes are either stronger or just as strong, and they're probably faster.
Wrong. Those characters' usmashes only send the opponent up. Yoshi's can send opponents horizontally (or vertically), has a much wider range, and is probably more powerful.

Smashthugz, what's your name on Kaillera?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
my alias on kaillera is JohnnyMC
and you dont decide if you want to send opponents horizontally or vertically using Yoshi's up smash
if you upsmash someone while they're standing on the ground next to you, they'd fly vertically, but that also makes the upsmash a lot weaker
Yoshi's upsmash is strong when you attack them when they're above you
Mario's, Fox's, and Luigi's upsmashes is just as effective when they hit a person standing on the ground
Yoshi's big head provides range mostly towards aerial person while Mario's is all around: left, right, top, and body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom