• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Has Been Confirmend! | Tuesday July 24th update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

Yoshi’s back and bursting with personality! He can launch consecutive attacks and even smack around enemies below him mid-flight.

Among other things, he can now use his up special move, the Egg Toss, to increase the distance of his jump. That’s enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn’t it?

My personal thoughts about the update
---
We all knew he was going to be in it because of his stage confirmed in the 2nd trailer. About his 3rd jump though...If he has a third jump and still the egg throw then my guess is that he spins while holding the egg then furiously throws it. The spin will be fierce (Like a samus screw attack but not with the effects and about half as fast) and he will raise up. Eather his 2nd jump will be decreased or his 3rd jump wont be as powerfull cuss yoshi is a jumping machine. Also in the 3rd picture (Lower left) You see yoshi unlatching from his shield. This confirms the shield in ssbb but we all knew it had to be in there right? Also about the 4th picture (Bottom right) Im thinking yoshi has a new move or maybe all characters. Being able to jump on people's back or something. It kinda relates to the crawl. But idk those are just my thoughts...

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
I want to see how the egg will increase his jump. still thinking about it. i'm thinking the more eggs he throws in the air it will increase his jump i'm not sure.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Notice that bottom left pic, that's him coming out of shield, correct?

in that case, shield confirmed for Brawl (finally?)
It could just be him coming out of his rolling egg thingy.

This picture is freakin' adorable.

Roun

Smash Cadet
Notice that bottom left pic, that's him coming out of shield, correct?

in that case, shield confirmed for Brawl (finally?)
IIRC, it was that way in Melee too. It's just Yoshi's shield.

dan smith

Smash Champion
It is somewhat confounding how the egg toss will give Yoshi any sort of triple jump.

And that is the kind of triple jump he needs by the way...any kind.

My bet is that it will have something to do with either throwing the egg in the opposite direction to propel him.

How exactley does Yoshi adorably climb on top of DK? Cutscene?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
And the day finally comes.. I guess we all knew it eh? Time to celebrate for the Yoshi users and wanters!.. I guess I should celebrate too since I use Yoshi in Mario Party and other Mario games except for Super Smash :/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yoshi's first picture looks kinda FRUITY!!!:laugh:
Well, he does eat a lot of fruit. That's where all the personality comes from, after all.

I actually can't wait to try him out in Brawl. A third jump is what he really needed. I've always loved him in Mario Parties, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, etc. I just never liked his total lack of ability to get back to the stage in the Smash games.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well, he does eat a lot of fruit. That's where all the personality comes from, after all.

I actually can't wait to try him out in Brawl. A third jump is what he really needed. I've always loved him in Mario Parties, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, etc. I just never liked his total lack of ability to get back to the stage in the Smash games.
QFT.. You are what you eat! Avoid fruits and nuts! (I apologize if I offend anyone) But I thought Yoshi always looked happy and jumpy. He doesn't look that much different to me if any. Its probably just the positions hes in.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My gosh. He looks ridiculously cute in those pictures. :ohwell:

I'll have a lot harder time beating him up this time around.:p

mrbrightside

Smash Cadet
Now they can remove that ridiculous "Semi-Confirmed" crap off of the Character section of brawl...Go Yoshi. They should give him his old school Pump voice back, like from Mario Kart 64.

mrbrightside

Smash Cadet
Btw the new eye contact feature in Brawl is pretty awesome...even if its a jump made to look like he's piggy backing on DK thats how you'd envision them looking at one another in that situation....crazy I tell you

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
Btw the new eye contact feature in Brawl is pretty awesome...even if its a jump made to look like he's piggy backing on DK thats how you'd envision them looking at one another in that situation....crazy I tell you
mabey thats just yoshi's new move, he latches onto his victims and bites their head off!

mrbrightside

Smash Cadet
Oh his FS has already been confirmed as follows:

Yoshi latches on to the opponent nearest him impregnating him with a Yoshi egg that stuns the victim for 5 seconds. When that time has passed a baby Yoshi will rip a hole through the victims abdomen rendering them unplayable for the remainder of the match regardless of remaining stock.

For serious.

Mr_Hero

Smash Apprentice
That heart item fruit thingy (the Yoshi game on N64) could be his final smash! People who have played it will know it...you get 5 of the same fruit in a row and then..."WHOA!" your invincible and can ground pound for fruit!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like his look,but how do you guys his Egg Jump will help him Jump? I just don't how that will work. Also,I think his Final Smash(which might be today's update) will either be turning into a giant egg and exploding or sending a herd of Yoshi's on the stage.

Tanea

Smash Ace
finally i saw him my yoshi he is my main i can't wait to use hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

sorry carried away

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Why does everyone want a herd of Yoshi's to be his final smash? That's just calling his friends, what's so special about that? He should do something of his OWN, not call a whole herd of his own kind. That's just weak if you ask me, not matter how much I love Yoshi.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
I guess thats sort of neat....

I didnt really play him that much at all in melee but oh well.

and FYI, thats not a shield, its a saddle for mario.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Predicition: His up+b will somehow throw a egg under him(quickly move the control stick down after pressing up+b?) and immediately burst giving him a boost in an upward/sideways direction. Can be used multiple times, but each time the boost distance decreases.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Predicition: His up+b will somehow throw a egg under him(quickly move the control stick down after pressing up+b?) and immediately burst giving him a boost in an upward/sideways direction. Can be used multiple times, but each time the boost distance decreases.
Nah, I just think whenever he throws it in air he kicks his legs and hovers a bit.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How the heck did this get to 3 pages? Do I need to start warning people for replying to these things too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom